Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,512 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,294,755
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » I need a new MMORPG to play with my Brand Spankin New Comp!!

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
47 posts found
  Colbert

Novice Member

OP  9/02/03 1:57:31 PM#1

Hey guys, i just recently bought basically the most top of the line comp on the market and am craving a new mmorpg to sink my teeth into. I've played many of the ones on the market but i am always open to retrying what i have already played or somethin new. But preferably something that has nice graphic potential. I refuse to play Everquest though, that game is a joke now a days IMHO. But anyways, i have played DAOC and Anarchy Online. BUt really wouldn't mind to play a dope mmorpg until say somethin like, FFXI comes out, or Horizons (somethin to hold me off until EQ2 :P) But yeah. All suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated. i love hearing what people have to say on mmorpgs to play :D, thanks for the help!

Later days

Gunharp

Novice Member

9/02/03 3:32:25 PM#2

OK greeeaatt first off WAIT FOR EQ 2 is thats what you want. second off...

can anyone say "Arrogant Bastard"

and..what comp ??

______--}====>_____
|_105th Panzer Brigade_|

Serien

Novice Member

9/02/03 3:40:26 PM#3

lol...but if u want something to blow the time off...ive heard planetside is good.

i too have -played EQ, and AO, and DAoC, also SB

but nontheless i am too waitng for EQII

http://www.facebook.com/murtb

squeee

Novice Member

You can do it!

9/02/03 4:32:45 PM#4
Murt.  What is a Bijani?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

Colbert

Novice Member

OP  9/02/03 4:35:26 PM#5

hmm yeah i suppose i could wait, but i don't wanna wait 6 month on eq2 doing nothing when i could play something in the mean time.

And where did this arrogant bastard come from?

and planetside eh?  hmmmm

what about neocron or eve?

Gunharp

Novice Member

9/02/03 4:57:08 PM#6

Originally posted by squeee
Murt.  What is a Bijani?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

Probably his last name...and...

what is your comps specs ?? mr. new computer...(sorry boiut the arrogant thing)

______--}====>_____
|_105th Panzer Brigade_|

Djin

Apprentice Member

"Shall we play a game?"

9/02/03 5:25:20 PM#7
Children play nice.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
E.T. is alive...
MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Gunharp

Novice Member

9/02/03 5:44:28 PM#8

uh-oh Djin found us.....

RUN !! 

______--}====>_____
|_105th Panzer Brigade_|

Colbert

Novice Member

OP  9/02/03 8:18:45 PM#9

i got a 2.8 p4 w/800fsb
fx5900 ultra 256mb
Audigy-X sound card
Asus Mobo

decent enough, so basically i just need a brand spankin new mmorpg to play on that bad boy.

dum dee dum

Serien

Novice Member

9/02/03 8:21:07 PM#10

Originally posted by Colbert

i got a 2.8 p4 w/800fsb
fx5900 ultra 256mb
Audigy-X sound card
Asus Mobo

decent enough, so basically i just need a brand spankin new mmorpg to play on that bad boy.

dum dee dum

decent enough?

DECENT ENOUGH?

THAT FREAKING PC IS FREAKING POWERFUL!

o yea....and Bijani....--u guessed it...my last name

http://www.facebook.com/murtb

Colbert

Novice Member

OP  9/02/03 8:26:01 PM#11

lol yeah it's somewhat of a beast, so you guys can see why i don't wanna let somethin of that caliber to go to waste. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what to play what to play......... i was conisdering of getting back into DAOC, but the low level game is so lame and isolated. Everyone is busy RvR and i find that even gets repetitive.... What's the word on Anarch Online Shadowlands?

And maybe some other mmorpg i haven't heard of

:D

Djin

Apprentice Member

"Shall we play a game?"

9/02/03 8:26:49 PM#12

Well my 2.5GHz AMD will be easily overclocked to 3.2GHz with my Giga-Byte motherboard,  my GeForce FX 5900 (Don't know which,  PRO/128/256,etc) Audigy 2 soundcard,  512megs of DDR400 (upgrading to dual-channel 1gig of RAM)  Corsair Extreme :)  My nice DiamondMax 9 HDD (8meg cache S-ATA 7200RPM)

My PC will be nice. :)  Oh!  450w PSU,  nice case too... all custom built by me.

Eat that Murt.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
E.T. is alive...
MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Gunharp

Novice Member

9/02/03 8:28:15 PM#13
well...nice PC, but dude have you used any 3D test software with your 5900 ultra cause I have and it is sooo coool it's like CG but it's real time ooohhh yaahhh it came with mine (the 3d test software and stuff) and I got mine from gainward which company did you get yours.

______--}====>_____
|_105th Panzer Brigade_|

Djin

Apprentice Member

"Shall we play a game?"

9/02/03 8:29:51 PM#14
I personally don't know which company I'm going to buy mine from.  I'm think PNY since I already have a Nvidia card from them,  but I want a really nice videocard.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
E.T. is alive...
MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Misti

Novice Member

9/03/03 5:32:08 PM#15

I just got an Alienware Area 51 with that Geforce FX 5900 Ultra 256 ram and omg its fun!  Those Dawn, Dusk (the special 5900 Ultra version), werewolf, and Ogre demos are so amazing to watch.  I have yet to try anything out that showed any video lag at all.  Hopefully this means things like EQ2 will run without a hitch.  The puter is pretty powerful 3 gig pentium 4 with 1 gig ram and raid 0 hard drives (whatever that means...).

I am kinda in the same boat.  I want to play a mmorpg right now while I am waiting on all the new ones to come out but cant find a good one.  I love EQ but after 4 years I need something new especially since the last couple expansions have changed the game so much and not in a good way.  I have tried DAoC which was fun for a couple months, and Shadowbane which was so bad It actually hurts to think about.

There are so many I am very excited to try but they are all still months away!

Horizons

Final Fantasy Online

EQ2

Lineage2

World of Warcraft

I think reading the boards every day is making it seem like an eternity to me for these great games to come out. 

I personally dont like sci fi roleplay games but if your looking for something to push your puter you might try star wars galaxies, I hear it has nice graphics.

Djin

Apprentice Member

"Shall we play a game?"

9/03/03 6:29:15 PM#16

Alienware is great,  but I bet you spent over $3000 on it! :)  And I could make it for $1200. :)  Anyway.  RAID 0 is when you have two of the same harddrives running side by side....  so it's almost twice as fast.

So two 60gig HDD RAID 0 would equal 120gig HDD...  It's nice to have RAID 0. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
E.T. is alive...
MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Misti

Novice Member

9/03/03 6:34:26 PM#17

Yeah I spent A LOT!   But...but, it has pretty lights and stuff too! 

Thanks for the Raid explanation, Its nice to know about some of the things I paid for hehe.  I just know this is by far the fastest smoothest puter I have played a game on so far and am loving it.  I bought it with the new MMORPGs in mind with their crazy graphics and stuff.

Djin

Apprentice Member

"Shall we play a game?"

9/03/03 6:35:54 PM#18
I believe the only MMORPG that's going to take a slice at your computer will be EverQuest II.  Other then that,  Lineage II,  FF XI... Maybe Horizons?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
E.T. is alive...
MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Misti

Novice Member

9/03/03 6:41:26 PM#19

Well the ones I am most excited for are Lineage2, EQ2, Horizons, and WoW.  I was thinking most of those would be too much for my old puter but I would think none of them should be a problem with the new one.  I sure hope not anyway...

Zhanghia

Novice Member

9/03/03 6:51:49 PM#20
Horizons all the way, I might try WoW for the storyline but there's a max level cap so... I dunno about that.

[http://www.geocities.com/zhanghiaixia/benchi.gif]

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search