Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,985,160 Users Online:0
Games:828  Posts:6,434,140
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
39 posts found
  Uifz

Apprentice Member

8/12/03 9:37:23 PM#21

Boo! Just play BF1942. Can't get any better then that and no subscription fee.

converge

Novice Member

8/12/03 10:23:13 PM#22

in battlefield 1942 all people do is run around like chickens with their heads cut off. there is almost no realism in it at all im mean they gave the japs german guns. and there is no way u can blow up a tank by crashing a jeep into it.

Inferno1000

Novice Member

"Some people choose stealth. Others choose force. I am an example of those who choose force."

8/12/03 10:56:05 PM#23

I played this game for 5 minutes: possibly the worst 5 of my life. the premise of a mmofps set during WWII is cool, but the controls are impossible, the graphics suck, and the gameplay is slow-paced and lifeless.

>)

how badly does this game suck?

it sucks hard
its not bad
it rocks
(login to vote)

>)

converge

Novice Member

8/12/03 11:52:09 PM#24
lol u played it for five minutes and u judged it lol. ur a funny guy. the controls aint normal but geez 5 min hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. the controls are hard at first give it a day or 2 to get used to. never give up on any game after 5 min. this guy must never play mmorpg's.

Gunharp

Novice Member

OP  8/13/03 1:15:20 AM#25
I have BF: 1942 and i totally agree with converge about it...thats why i oplay DOD now it's a bit better. With objectives and stuff. And graphics arn't everything and actually the models on the tanks and airplanes are all really good....but thats the only good graphics i have seen. Besides you guys i already ordered WWII Online off amazon.com.

Uifz

Apprentice Member

8/13/03 1:55:47 AM#26

Originally posted by converge

in battlefield 1942 all people do is run around like chickens with their heads cut off. there is almost no realism in it at all im mean they gave the japs german guns. and there is no way u can blow up a tank by crashing a jeep into it.

Run around like Chickens? You are an Idiot for commenting that statment. #2 No Realism? What makes it no realism is it because theres a tank behind you with a flying airplane over you about to drop some bombs over you? #3 Yes there is a way you can blow up tank by crashing a jeep into it, you have to do it at a good time and right in back of the tank where it blows up the engine. You obviously have only read the 'reviews'.

Uifz

Apprentice Member

8/13/03 1:58:07 AM#27

Originally posted by Inferno1000

I played this game for 5 minutes: possibly the worst 5 of my life. the premise of a mmofps set during WWII is cool, but the controls are impossible, the graphics suck, and the gameplay is slow-paced and lifeless.

>)

Yeah your talking about WWII Online, Now that is true.

Gunharp

Novice Member

OP  8/13/03 2:03:52 AM#28

ALL RIGHT THEN!!!!!

1: In battlefiled there is no strategy or teamwork even within the clans, it's first come first serve to the vehicles and people kill eachother to get those planes/vehicles. Also JETPACKS!!! WTF. EA is tottallly ruining any realism they had if they had any.

2: Oh shoot it in the back thats where the engine is....BF doesn't really have a clomplicated system like say WWII Online basically a tank does more damage you can shoot at a tank with a another tank anywhere and it will have the same effect. No matter if it was a King Tiger vs. a sherman. And no matter how far away you are shooting.

3: Those two little jet planes they have now in secret waepons?!? they don't friggen exist!!! and neither go surface to air missiles with cameras in them! also they gave the Allies the HO-IX which was a german wooden stealth plane but now it's an allie jet craft with like 30 rockets!!!!!!

THus no realism and there never was any.....thats why i want WWII ONLINE!!!!

anwqays i got the free trial to work YAHH!! go play BF you people i might see yah there.

converge

Novice Member

8/13/03 3:50:31 AM#29

u defending the running a jeep into a tank thing just shows how unrealistic the game is. because who the hell runs a jeep into a tank? there are so many historical errors in the game its not even funny. they could have atleast gave the nations the correct guns. as for the b-17 bomber. u would never see just 1 flying over a city u would see a whole formation of them. bf1942 just feels like ur in a ww2 style team deathmatch. also the game is full of idiots and there is 0% teamwork.

Gunharp

Novice Member

OP  8/13/03 3:54:51 AM#30

bAAHH!!! the i can't download the game for the seven day trial!!! how do i get that damn gigex stuff...it doesn't pop-up witha  link or download !

converge

Novice Member

8/13/03 6:09:50 AM#31
just wait for the game

Uifz

Apprentice Member

8/13/03 12:11:00 PM#32

u defending the running a jeep into a tank thing just shows how unrealistic the game is. because who the hell runs a jeep into a tank? there are so many historical errors in the game its not even funny. they could have atleast gave the nations the correct guns. as for the b-17 bomber. u would never see just 1 flying over a city u would see a whole formation of them. bf1942 just feels like ur in a ww2 style team deathmatch. also the game is full of idiots and there is 0% teamwork.

If you actually get some good people and a good clan that listens, 100% Teamworking in Conquest and CTF. And who would run a jeep into a tank? Well for your information you can get it up to 50 MPH (or how fast those Jeeps can go) and right as you see the tank 10 feet, Jump out quickly and in 3 seconds the tank will crash, this happens man times. I have no idea why you never thought of this?

converge

Novice Member

8/13/03 4:24:09 PM#33
i was talking about real life dude not the game. during ww2 u wouldnt see people running into tanks with jeeps(maybe the soviets lol) thats what i mean and in bf1942 u see it all the freakin time.

Kimpan

Novice Member

8/14/03 6:44:32 AM#34

Originally posted by Inferno1000

>)

LOL you cant freaking judge a game after 5 min, Learn the keymapper instead of saying its bad, i didnt se it så hard to understand...........

The most of the people are online on American prime time then the biggest battles are...

My squad have about 30 - 40 people online on american prime time for example, and many other squads have most of ther people on then to.

Kimpan

Novice Member

8/14/03 6:47:18 AM#35

Originally posted by Uifz

Run around like Chickens? You are an Idiot for commenting that statment. #2 No Realism? What makes it no realism is it because theres a tank behind you with a flying airplane over you about to drop some bombs over you? #3 Yes there is a way you can blow up tank by crashing a jeep into it, you have to do it at a good time and right in back of the tank where it blows up the engine. You obviously have only read the 'reviews'.

OMG plz dont say you think BF has realism ?

and ju cant compare BF and wwiionline, its not the same kinda of game.

wwiionline has like 1000 more realism then bf that has like 1 % realism.

converge

Novice Member

8/15/03 5:09:04 AM#36
is it hard to join ur squad?

Gunharp

Novice Member

OP  8/15/03 4:38:28 PM#37

No, whats hard is trying to win the allies have just taken lige and that was like or last city well theres a smaller on massa whatever but i'm sure when i log on it'll be taken.

Kimpan

Novice Member

8/21/03 6:44:03 PM#38

Nope you just choose Join Aplication i think its the name of it you will se, you do that at www.bkbhq.com

and then you will get acces to secure forums and Teamspeak.

And be a member of the squad :).

manohun

Novice Member

10/06/03 6:26:29 PM#39

I know its a late answer but i just signed up for this site. :)

BF is an ARCADE game if u bought it u should know. Its not meant to be realistic. Nobody can compare an FPS game to a MMORPG, but if u want, we can do it. ;)

I played bf since the first release and i was a leader of a clan which was/is represented in clanbase.

BF is unrealistic and even Forgotten Hope mod cant get close to WWIIonline, but its better then the real game.

Reasons:

- Small maps (1 middle size city in wwiionline is bigger than all the maps in the original BF combined)

- Short visibility (because of good graphics, so thats why WWIIonline cant have the same graphics than BF, but have about 5-8 km view distance)

- Limited player number

- Simple, unrealistic damage model

- Vehicles can't be used as meant to be used 

- Can't play like in the real war (especially in clan wars)

etc,etc....

Other stuff:

1.10 is comming:

- New more realistic plane damage model

- Dirts, dust plums

- Gun wobble, heart beat and breathing

- Sdkfz251, M3A3 Stuart, Laffly W15, P39

- LMGs like MG34

- Cargo ships (load in tanks, walk on deck etc...)

- many other things

Maybe out at the end of October

2 Pages « 1 2 Search