Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,751 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,941
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Will wildstar will be a huge hit!

6 posts found
  unus

Apprentice Member

OP  7/01/13 3:47:02 PM#1
Hey everyone,

Episode 1. of a three part series is up. The first one we discuss why wildstar will be a Huge Hit. The next episode we discuss why wildstar will be a epic FAIL. And the third " i am going to kick some ass" we are going to duke it out.

Subscribe in iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-wildstar-nation-podcast/id666416174

Subscribe via RSS:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheWildstarNationPodcast

And website has direct link on it. But the site will not be live for a week or two.
http://www.wildstarnation.com

Drop us a line at wildstarnation@gmail.com
  Synns77

Novice Member

7/01/13 3:51:46 PM#2

I don't feel wildstar will in any shape or form be a fail, I think it may well be the next progression in theme park mmos, personally I'm abit disappointed in it. Can't put my finger on what is wrong but the game hasn't managed to get me needing to play more, a few hours play leaves me thinking I've seen this all before and certain elements have been done better. 

Im really disappointed as this was looking like my last hope, especially as eso isn't releasing til 2014

MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

7/01/13 3:54:35 PM#3

If it has a sub fee.

if it has long level grind

if it has FFA pvp

if it has no raids.

if it has meaningless pprogression 

if it has lame animations

than  No it won't be a huge hit

Axehilt

Novice Member

7/01/13 4:36:40 PM#4

Oh this is just a plug for a cast, not a plea for discussion.   That's...a little disappointing.

Basically the question revolves around your definition of huge hit.  It's definitely going to be in the ballpark of GW2 or RIFT or SWTOR, and profitable.  But will it be the next WOW?  Unlikely, but I haven't seen enough information to say for sure that it won't.

Bcuda

Novice Member

7/01/13 4:41:59 PM#5

Im not rooting for a fail here. But I dont see the big pull . What will make this game good? I already dont like the cartoon look. I'm one of the few that never could give wow a chance. But if it was good i would try it.

furbans

Elite Member

7/01/13 4:45:05 PM#6

The game won't be a huge hit, but far from a fail.  Sure it might get a lot of people playing most likely at launch like all MMOs do along with how stagnent MMOs have become.   But I think it has a healthy future ahead of it.  Question will be how much EQN and ESO will pull from their player base and what business model they use.

Same tried n true mechanics, WoW vibe, solid game but not something that is OMGOMGOMG!!!  Looks interesting and fun but not something that innovative or revolutionary.