Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,854 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,637
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » If all MMO die tomorrow, will you ....

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
56 posts found
  IridescentOrk

Novice Member

7/01/13 6:56:21 PM#21
Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Pretty much what I do now, play my single player games. Minus coming here, though. Most likely, I would not delete my account on MMORPG.com, for somehow I can not seem to give up hope.

^^ this

gameplay > graphics

lizardbones

Advanced Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

7/01/13 6:57:51 PM#22

I would continue playing single player and multi player games. I'd probably continue reading about MMORPGs that might be coming. Or I would move on, it's hard to say.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Yyrkoon_PoM

Novice Member

7/01/13 7:01:49 PM#23
I would either have to look for a new job or try and get a transfer to the mobile/console group.  Which in effect would be the same thing, except I would be playing console games all day in a different building with different co-workers.
  Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

7/01/13 7:03:11 PM#24
Originally posted by lizardbones

I would continue playing single player and multi player games. I'd probably continue reading about MMORPGs that might be coming. Or I would move on, it's hard to say.

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

MMOs are the horrible psycho ex- that you just can't stop giving one more chance...

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Xsonic

Novice Member

A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.

7/01/13 7:03:28 PM#25
Rome 2 total war + other Strategy games
  AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

Tomorrow's just a future yesterday...

7/01/13 7:04:44 PM#26

Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by lizardbones

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

MMOs are the horrible psycho ex- that you just can't stop giving one more chance...

So very true!

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Axehilt

Novice Member

7/01/13 7:12:09 PM#27

First I'd be like, "Did I step into the twilight zone or something?  On the same day every MMO died, and instead of discussing this incredibly unlikely and weird event all these gamers are just playing games like nothing happened!"

Then I'd continue playing all the other games I normally play, but also search for a long-form PVE game to sate that need.  Things like Skyrim don't really do it for me, on account of the combat starting out dull and becoming outright broken after you've progressed a bit.  I need a game which continues to present interesting challenges to me, and Skyrim just breaks.

Cephus404

Novice Member

7/01/13 10:23:18 PM#28

Assuming MMOs were gone and were never coming back, I'd just keep doing what I'm doing now, playing whatever fun games I can find and not worrying too much about games that aren't fun.  I'm sure these forums would either go away or adapt to the new reality and I'd make my decision whether to spend time her or not based on that.

Would I miss MMOs?  Nope, I don't miss them now.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
Now Playing: None
Hope: None

hayes303

Novice Member

7/01/13 10:25:05 PM#29

The new Shadowrun reloaded game comes out at the end of the month. Supposed to be a pretty robust set of editing tools so you can make your own multiplayer fun. 

If that game turns out well, I'll be MMOless for at least the next  months.

sanshi44

Novice Member

7/01/13 10:36:17 PM#30
Ill be like OMG FINALY!!! maybe we can start making good MMOs again and not copy WoW's rubbish :)
  Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

7/01/13 10:42:10 PM#31
I don't need MMO's,i actually did not like gaming period in my younger days.It is just now a convenient and cheap form of entertainment to keep me out of bars and wasting money other ways.Being older now i also cannot go out and play sports every night of the week,so gaming fills those boring slots.If no MMOs no biggie,i'll work out,watch movies visit friends,chat with friends,watch the boob tube,take dogs for walks ,tons of stuff to do when you feel bored.watch UFC :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

Bossalinie

Apprentice Member

7/01/13 10:44:41 PM#32
Originally posted by sanshi44
Ill be like OMG FINALY!!! maybe we can start making good MMOs again and not copy WoW's rubbish :)

If the genre died, and I was a developer, I wouldn't waste my time trying to revive it. It died for a reason...

tank017

Novice Member

7/01/13 10:48:33 PM#33

play my single player games..

MMOs today are so single player and anti social anyways.Games like Fallout 3/Vegas, Elder Scrolls,The Witcher and the like would suffice in place of MMO's

furbans

Advanced Member

7/01/13 11:09:56 PM#34
Originally posted by IridescentOrk
Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Pretty much what I do now, play my single player games. Minus coming here, though. Most likely, I would not delete my account on MMORPG.com, for somehow I can not seem to give up hope.

^^ this

Same.  All MMOs have already died for me as I can never stay in any MMO for any moderate period of time and have more commitment to single player games than MMOs ever since the release of WoW's Cata.

Would actually be thrilled if all MMOs died as hopefully there will be a commitment to producing good single player games again.

Warmaker

Novice Member

7/01/13 11:27:26 PM#35
If MMORPGs were to suddenly stop and cease to exist, I would not shed a tear.  If I wanted to play Online-Only-SPRPGs, I have some fine SPRPGs already that do not require that online connection to play, nor the possibility of trying to take my money on a regular basis.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Thebozz

Novice Member

7/01/13 11:38:49 PM#36
I would just continue to play D&D as I currently do and continue to wish there was a good replacement for the times when I want to play, but can't get the group together.
  Novusod

Advanced Member

7/02/13 3:05:29 AM#37
I am one of just 3 other people who voted honestly that they would came here and rant. If all the MMOs announced they were closing tomorrow this forum would be on fire with endless debate for months or even years as to what "killed" the MMO. I would be working over time to convince everyone it was WoW's fault.
  rojoArcueid

Advanced Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

7/02/13 3:12:41 AM#38
if mmos die tomorrow i jump off..........the mmo wagon to other great genres less life consuming and equally or more fun. Oh wait, i do that already when i take breaks from the same sameness in mmos.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

7/02/13 3:15:39 AM#39

Well im not even playing any mmorpgs at the moment as there are no good ones out there..

So i will carry on playing the other games i play.

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Siug

Hard Core Member

7/02/13 3:38:51 AM#40
I would not miss MMOs because this genre has become all about selling pixels in cash shop to enhance otherwise shallow content and limited gameplay. My hopes are on EQN, because previous two were very good games. If it flops then I think I'm done with MMOs for at least couple of years.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search