Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,641,834 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,089
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » [POLL] MMORPG's You've Played

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
57 posts found
  Storm_Cloud

Advanced Member

6/30/13 4:02:01 PM#21
Originally posted by Nadia
ive been playing mmos for the last 15 years but im under 60 --- 10% !

Same here... Well, actually 14 years, since EQ1 came out in march 1999, unless we're gonna count muds? Then I reach a few years further... :)

maplestone

Advanced Member

6/30/13 5:13:22 PM#22

I'm still in the 10% categoy.  I'm a little self-conscious about this given how many opinions I have about the theory of games. But I'm picky about what I actually install.

Loktofeit

Hard Core Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ESO, and Combat Arms

6/30/13 7:23:33 PM#23
Originally posted by maplestone

I'm still in the 10% categoy.  I'm a little self-conscious about this given how many opinions I have about the theory of games. But I'm picky about what I actually install.

There's nothing to be self-conscious about. You've played enough to know which title's you may like and which titles are more than likely not your thing. As for opinions on game theory, eh... if nothing else that just means there's a lot to discover yet, and that's a good thing. :)

AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

Tomorrow's just a future yesterday...

OP  6/30/13 10:20:54 PM#24

Originally posted by azzamasin
I've been playing MMO's exclusively since November of 1999 (Asheron's Call) and from November 1999 to March 2011 (Quit WoW Cataclysm) I played a total of 5 MMO's.  AC, DAoC, Shadowbane, CoH and WoW.  Since then I've played probably 12-14 MMO's.

Yea, that is close my own journey. Picked up EQ in 2001. Played for 3 years and looked at WoW and CoH in 2004. Played them both off and on until maybe 2012. Between that time I did try out Wizard101 and played that for a couple of years. I'd say in the past year or two, I have tried 10X as many MMOs as the previous 11 years.

I keep thinking that my first MMO was actually Meridian59. That would have been back in 1997 or 1998. I have a very vague memory of being on AOL and playing a game where there were lots of people in a fantasy/medieval setting standing around the starter area and talking in Ye Olde English. I left and never went back. I cannot recall if that was Meridian59 or not, but that name sounds so familiar to me...

Anyway, 2001-2012 I played 4 MMOs. I also spent money :) 2011-2013 I played probably 30-40 MMOs. I have spent very little money lately :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

OP  6/30/13 10:26:35 PM#25

Originally posted by maplestone

I wouldn't feel self conscious at all :)

As it stands right now, 48.5% of those answering the poll are in the 10% category, myself included. Like Loktofeit pointed out, you have a good sampling to have a good idea what you enjoy and do not enjoy.

Quirhid made a good point that many of the MMOs out are quite similar. There are quite a few that if you played one, you may have played three or four more without ever signing in :)

The opinions of others on the massive selection of MMOs out there was one of the things that got me thinking, "How many MMOs have some of these people played?"

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

kedara

Novice Member

Just because you can't be nice, doesn't mean you shouldn't.

6/30/13 10:32:28 PM#26
I'd like to think that I spent nearly 3 hours on every single game on that list, but I don't play sports games so 90% is as close as I can get.
  Algaroth_the_Vhyle

Novice Member

6/30/13 10:52:01 PM#27

Hmm, let's see...

DAoC, AoC, UO, MCO, MS, HG:L, EVE, and AA... I think that's all of them.

Looks like bottom tier vote from me as well.

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

6/30/13 11:08:20 PM#28
I would say for sure over 200 but exactly how many not sure,i just know it is a lot.I been gaming online since about 1995 when windows 95 came out but i have been gaming much longer.Geesh i was gaming with DOS and my first fps was Castle Wolfenstein.I looked Castle Wolfenstein was released 81,so that is about how long i been gaming on PC's 30+ years.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

OP  6/30/13 11:21:29 PM#29

Originally posted by Wizardry
I would say for sure over 200 but exactly how many not sure,i just know it is a lot.I been gaming online since about 1995 when windows 95 came out but i have been gaming much longer.Geesh i was gaming with DOS and my first fps was Castle Wolfenstein.I looked Castle Wolfenstein was released 81,so that is about how long i been gaming on PC's 30+ years.

That's why I tried to emphasize "guesstimate" and gave ranges :) It can be tough to recall every MMO ever tries out, especially after decades of playing :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

tank017

Novice Member

6/30/13 11:32:04 PM#30

I just cant see how anyone can play 100-200 MMO's and beyond..

tank017

Novice Member

6/30/13 11:32:54 PM#31
Originally posted by Nadia
ive been playing mmos for the last 15 years but im under 60 --- 10% !

Dont worry,that sounds the most realistic..

Im in the same boat.

Scot

Hard Core Member

7/01/13 2:31:11 AM#32
The top range of the poll is way too high, not even are F2P lovers have had that many flings.
  Browserspieler

Novice Member

7/01/13 4:44:12 AM#33
I always thought that im addicted to gaming but realiziing people have been playing more than 300 mmorpgs in one life im not sure anymore. Its fascinating how many free time some people have. Ive played a lot of MMOs recently, mostly client based ones. I've made a list of the Mmorpgs that i have played in the past years and its still growing. Not all of them were enjoyable but i dont feel bad for playing games at all. This is my hobby and i hate sports and mainstream sh*t so keep gaming, even if you have played more than 400 mmorpgs (you freaking nerds ;))
  AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

OP  7/01/13 8:34:11 AM#34

Originally posted by tank017

I find my eyes popping out of my head looking at the poll and seeing at least 1 vote in every category.

Even way back when, there are some posters who played UO, EQ, DAoC, AC and many other old MMOs. That was back when there were fewer games to select from and slower leveling rates. Imagine what a hungry MMO player could rip through in today's market...

I think at most, I may have played 5 to 7 different MMOs in a 1 month span of time. I did not stick with any of them, but I downloaded, installed, created an account and logged in.

I do look askance at the votes in the upper brackets, but I remind myself that not everyone plays games the way I do :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

tank017

Novice Member

7/01/13 1:10:10 PM#35
Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I find my eyes popping out of my head looking at the poll and seeing at least 1 vote in every category.

Even way back when, there are some posters who played UO, EQ, DAoC, AC and many other old MMOs. That was back when there were fewer games to select from and slower leveling rates. Imagine what a hungry MMO player could rip through in today's market...

I think at most, I may have played 5 to 7 different MMOs in a 1 month span of time. I did not stick with any of them, but I downloaded, installed, created an account and logged in.

I do look askance at the votes in the upper brackets, but I remind myself that not everyone plays games the way I do :)

This is true..

However,these votes in the upper brackets could also be people just pulling your leg.

Sulaa

Novice Member

7/01/13 1:30:03 PM#36

01-60  10%

Huge majority of titles don't fulfill my most fundamental and basic requirements, so pointless to take time to install them.

User Deleted
7/01/13 2:42:26 PM#37
it would be easier to name the mmorpgs i havent played lol
  Aerovanthe

Novice Member

7/01/13 2:45:53 PM#38
I haven't played that many, maybe scanned through them.  It's honestly hard to keep my attention with gaming, but I did do the basics such as DAOC, EQ I/II, WoW, etc.  
  AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

OP  7/01/13 5:07:57 PM#39

However,these votes in the upper brackets could also be people just pulling your leg.

I realize that there will be some who do this :)

[EDIT]
their, there, they're... arrrgh!

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

dave6660

Elite Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

7/01/13 5:19:58 PM#40
I just did a quick count using the game list and I came up with 31.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search