Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,260 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,795
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » [Silly Poll] Where are the WoW players going?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
69 posts found
  WhiteLantern

Novice Member

5/09/13 1:17:07 PM#21
Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey
Originally posted by Razperil
 If you continue to dub down your game...

For a moment I had a vision of a choreographed Orgrimmar population dancing to Skrillex tunes.

Wub Wub Wub

On a more serious side of this sillines, I went from WoW to Borderlands 2 initially. Then moved to Torchlight 2 and STO. Now I've moved to boardgaming.

*burnout has set in

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

5/09/13 1:22:24 PM#22
I went to the only game that requires uber skillzorz! Starcraft! The people who lack skill went to other MMOs :P

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Darth-Batman

Advanced Member

Bruce, I am your father.

5/09/13 1:25:27 PM#23
They died in an internet cafe's back room.
  Pixel_Jockey

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 1:28:46 PM#24
Originally posted by Darth-Batman
They died in an internet cafe's back room.

I lol'd

expresso

Tipster

5/09/13 1:29:31 PM#25
Garrosh keep stealing my time cards - he'll get his comeuppance soon!
  Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

5/09/13 1:30:00 PM#26
Originally posted by fivoroth
I went to the only game that requires uber skillzorz! Starcraft! The people who lack skill went to other MMOs :P

we dont use "lack skill" here. we say "have grown up and have a life and obligations". That's why they suck...every time an ability is cast on them the baby starts crying and the dog starts puking. It's a very pavlovian life out there. Fire is cast under them, dog starts puking, baby starts crying.

fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

5/09/13 1:35:47 PM#27
Originally posted by Robokapp
Originally posted by fivoroth

we dont use "lack skill" here. we say "have grown up and have a life and obligations". That's why they suck...every time an ability is cast on them the baby starts crying and the dog starts puking. It's a very pavlovian life out there. Fire is cast under them, dog starts puking, baby starts crying.

Damn! That explains it all :P

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

WillyMMORPG

Novice Member

5/09/13 1:38:34 PM#28

I played WoW for 6.5 years, but Cataclysm ruined the game for me. About a year after Cat launch, I quit the game for good and migrated through a couple of other games that were very brief stops -- Star Wars the Old Republic for about 4-5 months, but that game bored me and just wasn't fun ; I continued a long flirtation with Star Trek Online until the Season 7 patch which caused me to cancel my sub to that game, once and for all ; I played Tera pre-f2p for about 3-4 months but it just lacked something -- it was more fun than TOR but just didn't capture my attention the way EQ1 and WoW (and SWG) did in the past.

I'm currently playing The Secret World and thoroughly enjoying the game, mainly because (1) It doesn't have elves/gnomes/dragons and other fantasy world tropes (2) it's set in a (more) realistic real world (3) It's a LOT of fun. The shaky launch and shaky down-sizing worries me, but I'll keep playing TSW because the dev team (Joel) seems to understand MMO players and has added some innovative concepts to a genre that has been burdened with so many me-too! clones in the last decade.

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

5/09/13 1:51:02 PM#29

The first time I took a break from WoW I played EVE because I was looking for something different than WoW, I mean if I was tired of WoW, why would I play a WoW clone. I found a friendly corporation and played for a couple years.

I am currently on a second break from WoW and am playing Star Craft and having fun. I would love to find a good MMO that keeps me entertained but until then I am enjoying playing the RTS.

What I am looking for: I would love a good skill based, fantasy, sandbox game that's PVE oriented, has good graphics and an intuitive UI. Wurm came the closest for what I am looking for but it had a terrible UI to the point of getting in the way of gameplay. 

worldalpha

Novice Member

Working hard on WorldAlpha

5/09/13 2:39:41 PM#30
I can only hope to WorldAlpha! :)  There are way more options out there for gamers, then when WoW first started.

Thanks,
Mike
Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

Aelious

Elite Member

World > Quest Progression

5/09/13 2:40:03 PM#31
I'll vote tonight when at home but without looking at the list I'd say spread across various games. With every new quality MMO the base gets spread out. This is especially true if the gameplay is the same. Add in a few titles going F2P (Swtor, Tera, etc.) and you have the perfect storm of people branching out because they are tired of the same. At least moving to a different version of the same changes the pace slightly.

I think GW2 and SWTOR F2P hurt the worst and it's only going to get harder for WoW. I don't ever think a single title will match or beat WoW but it will drop significantly over the next five years. At that point probably be F2P once Titan comes out.

As a side note I can't wait to see how Blizz reacts. They always seem to have things saved up for impact when bad news is made public.
  Vocadi

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 2:41:29 PM#32
I voted for muffins because I am hungry and they sound delicious...

bubaluba

Novice Member

5/09/13 2:44:38 PM#33
Why you laugh about EVE? Most of my friends from Eve play WOW to.
  Attend4455

Novice Member

5/09/13 2:48:57 PM#34
Originally posted by Razperil
If you continue to dub down your game

it has been dubbed down too much >.>

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

Shadowguy64

Novice Member

5/09/13 2:50:50 PM#35
Probably working on the massive backlog of games they have accumulated over the years during Steam sales etc...
  Tierless

Apprentice Member

joie de vivre

5/09/13 3:10:50 PM#36

I would say they are headed to crappy phone app games since that is what the WOW crowd has been getting pushed toward with games and there "free" trials and other buy to make life easier type items.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Calerxes

Spotlight Poster

5/09/13 3:47:13 PM#37
Outside, its been a while.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Betaguy

Elite Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

5/09/13 3:48:34 PM#38
Outdoors

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

5/09/13 3:51:06 PM#39

The majority of thsoe lost subs were because the 1 year subscription from Diablo ended in May.

The majority of thsoe people left already and are enjoying themselves in games such as GW2, AoW, DF and NWO to name a few.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

monstermmo

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 3:52:36 PM#40

I dunno about others but my attempts at leaving WoW after six years were other F2P games that were basically "clones." Nothing wrong with that except for the fact that i wanted to stop playing WoW so there's not point in playing other games that play exactly like it.

It took quite awhile of trying literally hundreds of different F2P games that i finally got back into single player games. Now i play a mix but i'm mostly pretty focused on single player games for now. I play online often in games like Battlefield 3 or Vindictus and all those but i play them extremely casually right now.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a must play for any RPG fan, just throwin that out there! =p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
Join me on Raptr Steam Facebook Twitter Gameverse

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search