Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Albion Online | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,148 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,500
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » [Silly Poll] Where are the WoW players going?

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search
69 posts found
  lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

OP  5/09/13 12:33:22 PM#1

WoW's population has dropped to 8 million players world wide. Where did all those players go?

Where did they go?

Recently discovered sunken land mass off the coast of Brazil.
SWToR
Eve (ha ha)
Bioshock Infinite
Minecraft's recent surge in sales
MOBAs
StarCraft
Single Player RPGs
Muffins
Humorous quip in the comments
(login to vote)

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

OP  5/09/13 12:34:44 PM#2

The land mass is real and was recently discovered 900 miles off the coast of Brazil. Scientists think it sank millions of years ago.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

flizzer

Hard Core Member

5/09/13 12:35:28 PM#3
Is this so we can avoid that game?          I don't play Wow but keep hearing how the community is horrible, so I couldn't resist.
  Datastar

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 12:37:54 PM#4
Wildstar, it wasnt on your poll list.  The game is looking to be really fun with gvg, arenas, battlegrounds, ands raids, its going to be a blast.
  User Deleted
5/09/13 12:38:32 PM#5
They're not going anywhere specifically, because the market is flooded with short-term F2P crap.  I don't see that changing any time soon, either.
  lizardbones

Elite Member

OP  5/09/13 12:40:48 PM#6

Originally posted by Datastar
Wildstar, it wasnt on your poll list.  The game is looking to be really fun with gvg, arenas, battlegrounds, ands raids, its going to be a blast.

Wildstar isn't available as a destination yet. It's not even in open beta yet. If they did pick up 1.3 million players, that would be ridiculously awesome for them though.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 12:44:13 PM#7
I think a big chunk will be pvpers going to lol.

Why pay a sub to sit queueing to go pointless mini games when you can do the same thing for free?
  User Deleted
5/09/13 12:44:19 PM#8
Originally posted by flizzer
Is this so we can avoid that game?          I don't play Wow but keep hearing how the community is horrible, so I couldn't resist.

WoW has one of the best communities around due to variety.  Yeah, there are some crappy people, but they really are the exception.  There will be people you like and don't like, agree with and don't agree with, but it is a really solid community.

Grixxitt

Novice Member

5/09/13 12:45:03 PM#9
Since most of the losses are coming from Asia I'm gonna have to go with Age of Wushu on this one

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 12:45:43 PM#10
It's got the worst community if any mmo I've played.

Aion and latter day (but not early) EQ come close though.
  WhySoSerious

Novice Member

5/09/13 12:50:34 PM#11
I don't play MMO's hardcore like I used to. But I gave up on current WoW completely. I prefer Classic WoW. So I play on EmeraldDream.com when I want my vanilla wow fix. And also I play on westknights.com  Lineage 1 server. Other than that, no other MMO interests me. Except Camelot Unchained, which won't be out for a few years.
  Razperil

Novice Member

Everything has it's time and its place, know yours?

5/09/13 12:54:29 PM#12
Maybe the kids are finally seeing Borecraft for what it is and has always been? 1.3 million lost subs is nothing to sneeze at (Achoo!). If you continue to dub down your game and add nothing "new" to it, this is what you get. I don't feel bad for Blizzard or any company that does this type of business model. They were able to get away with it for as long as they did, shame on the morons that continued to think "things" would become better. Sheds those tears, breaks that laptop over game rage. In the end, I and most likely so many others (can only speak for myself), will rejoice in what we have known for years. I'd say this has become a "Slam-dunk" month already. Thank-you! (yeah, yeah, trolling, flaming, etc,etc,etc,is forbidden. Nonetheless, thank you mods for putting up with my bluntness at times, I do appreciate it.). :)
  fardreamer

Novice Member

"Trust your feelings!"

5/09/13 12:54:55 PM#13
Currently in Dragon Prophet closed beta and playing some Neverwinter PvP, waiting on WildStar and then ultimately StarCitizen. Unless something else shows up that I do not know of yet.. or that TESO turns out to be something else than what im execting it to be.
  maplestone

Novice Member

5/09/13 12:58:06 PM#14
You don't believe Blizzard-Activision's own explanation to it's investors of where the competition is coming from?
  Mdpats

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 12:59:12 PM#15

Here's an enlightenment for the OP....

Who cares..?

lizardbones

Elite Member

OP  5/09/13 1:06:36 PM#16

Originally posted by Mdpats
Here's an enlightenment for the OP....

Who cares..?

You didn't read the bit where it says, "[Silly Poll]", did you.

Battlerock

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 1:12:09 PM#17
As bad as the genre has become, it wouldnt be half as good without wow. I dont care what game your playing its full of old wow players. Wow is what gets this genre exposure. It's not a good thing 1.3 million have gone to other games or just left gaming so quickly. It's just another indicator of the state of mmorpgs.
  Pixel_Jockey

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 1:12:45 PM#18
Originally posted by Razperil
 If you continue to dub down your game...

For a moment I had a vision of a choreographed Orgrimmar population dancing to Skrillex tunes.

Sulaa

Novice Member

5/09/13 1:16:21 PM#19

Western ones mainly  to MOBAs and various single player games.

Eastern ones to  mainly to MOBAs and various eastern mmorpg's.

ThaneUlfgar

Novice Member

5/09/13 1:16:39 PM#20

LOL @ WOW hate.

To answer the question: I can only speak for myself, but I'm playing a slew of single player games, including Starcraft (finally).

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search