Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,768 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,484
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » You can only play 1 mmo the next 5yrs(free of charge)!

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search
77 posts found
  Slappy1

Novice Member

OP  5/08/13 6:52:46 PM#1

What would it be?

Myself,I'd play EQ2,

I like the look of the game and animation's.The questing is like WoW,but I think it's better.It has a nice crafting system and a wide variety of mount's/mount types.There's a nice abundance of class/race choice's.Considering when the game launched,the character creator is decent also.

UO is a game at the top of my list,the thing is I can't play the game anymore for the graphic's.It give's me headache's after playing for a period of time.Other than that it would be my 1st pick.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

moosecatlol

Apprentice Member

5/08/13 6:55:42 PM#2
Blade and Soul.
  akiira69

Advanced Member

Need longer quote limits.

5/08/13 6:56:04 PM#3
Originally posted by Slappy1

What would it be?

Myself,I'd play EQ2,

I like the look of the game and animation's.The questing is like WoW,but I think it's better.It has a nice crafting system and a wide variety of mount's/mount types.There's a nice abundance of class/race choice's.Considering when the game launched,the character creator is decent also.

UO is a game at the top of my list,the thing is I can't play the game anymore for the graphic's.It give's me headache's after playing for a period of time.Other than that it would be my 1st pick.

only 1 MMO? Too bad that MMO doesnt exist because NCsoft shut it down. The only SciFi MMO to be released by Lord British(General British) Tabula Rasa.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Vunak23

Apprentice Member

In your house Eatin' your Cookies!

5/08/13 6:57:48 PM#4

Current MMOs... Maybe RIFT as it is the only game/development company I think actually did a quality job in the past decade. 

Future MMO's I could definitely see myself playing EQNext/ArcheAge/Black Desert/Star Citizen etc. for 5+ years easy. I would pick EQNext as my top top for now though. It would be WoD, but that isn't going to be coming out anytime soon ( Oh how I wish it were)

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Homitu

Advanced Member

5/08/13 6:58:23 PM#5
The thought of not being able to play GW2 for the next 5 years and see where that game goes is too sad to even think about.  
  spookydom

Apprentice Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

5/08/13 6:58:51 PM#6
If I had to pick one it would be Eve. 

LordSneerg

Novice Member

5/08/13 7:00:17 PM#7
ArchAge
  GreenWidow

Novice Member

5/08/13 7:05:04 PM#8

Limited to things out currently...EQ2...has enough to keep me occupied that long and if it was free...it would be my only game right now.

Unlimited choices...EQNext  Everything else looks or has proven to be "meh"

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

Dahkoht

Novice Member

5/08/13 7:11:58 PM#9
ArcheAge also
  PAL-18

Hard Core Member

5/08/13 7:12:50 PM#10

Entropia Universe.

whos space station is this ? well now its mine,cash for free™

bleh,seriously mm ArcheAge.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.
By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
On the radar : http://www.darkestdungeon.com/

David_Lopan

Novice Member

"There is no progress. Everything is the same as it was. Form changes. The essence does not." RLS

5/08/13 7:14:49 PM#11
Probably LOTRO or Vanguard because community is key at this point (5 years is along time).
  Soki123

Hard Core Member

5/08/13 7:15:51 PM#12
DAOC.
  kostoslav

Novice Member

5/08/13 7:17:55 PM#13
LOTRO- slower game with great story
  Slappy1

Novice Member

OP  5/08/13 7:18:34 PM#14
Originally posted by David_Lopan
Probably LOTRO or Vanguard because community is key at this point (5 years is along time).

Yep,5 yrs is a long time.That lengthy time period is what has me curious,the commitment.Which game is worth it to you?

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Amjoco

Elite Member

5/08/13 7:19:54 PM#15
Although over the years I have probably enjoyed WoW the most, It is showings its age. I would have to say GW2 for the next 5 years because it offers a bit of everything. You can play casual or hardcore, jump right into PvP or just do some PvE that has a very good combat. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Tabloid42

Apprentice Member

We're going to need a bigger FlashDrive!

5/08/13 7:20:46 PM#16

wow,.5 years,...well,.I played Lotro for about that long so far,..so Lotro it is!

DCUO a close second,..it's just so satisfying beating on goons : )

David_Lopan

Novice Member

"There is no progress. Everything is the same as it was. Form changes. The essence does not." RLS

5/08/13 7:23:32 PM#17
Originally posted by Slappy1
Originally posted by David_Lopan

Yep,5 yrs is a long time.That lengthy time period is what has me curious,the commitment.Which game is worth it to you?

Either one but honestly, Vanguard may (i say MAY, not will) shutdown in that time span, so LOTRO it is :)

VincerKaden

Novice Member

5/08/13 7:23:46 PM#18

Current MMO: LotRO

Upcoming MMO: The Repopulation

Skies the Limit: SWG, pre-CU

nicarift

Apprentice Member

Keep your eyes open.

5/08/13 7:24:30 PM#19
Defiance...
  C.L.O.U.D

Novice Member

5/08/13 7:27:07 PM#20

Definitely either Lotro or EVE online. 

Lotro for the reason that it has a great community, great story, and I love Lord of the Rings. It's one of those mmo's where I could play with friends or just go it alone and quest. I don't feel pressured into trying to rush though content and be the best in the game. Still awesome graphics, music, and the fact that you can actually play instruments rules.

EVE online because it promises to be great in the future. Honestly, 10 years and still going stronger than ever.. can't go wrong with this game. It's just up to you if you like the kind of game it is. Great community for people in game, especially if you are new and need help (you will :D). 

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search