Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,285 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,756
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » XP grind. Mob or Quest?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
127 posts found
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/07/13 11:28:25 PM#121
Originally posted by Magiknight
Slow combat was really nice for meeting people

I don't play games to meet people.

And you can always STOP if you want to meet people.

Aelious

Elite Member

World > Quest Progression

4/07/13 11:35:46 PM#122
Well one of the bonuses to playing an MMO IS to meet and play with people. There is a difference between kill and quest based games in regards to interacting with others. It's easier to do something with someone when you are both doing the same thing. Quest based MMOs can throw this off since mob xp is usually low so people end up segregating themselves as to not wait or have to strategize how both can benefit.

You CAN get the same interaction with others in a quest based game it's just not as conducive as a mob kill based game.
  tupodawg999

Hard Core Member

4/08/13 1:08:56 AM#123

Mobs for exp

Quests for gear / faction / money

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/08/13 10:32:27 AM#124
Originally posted by Aelious
Well one of the bonuses to playing an MMO IS to meet and play with people. There is a difference between kill and quest based games in regards to interacting with others. It's easier to do something with someone when you are both doing the same thing. Quest based MMOs can throw this off since mob xp is usually low so people end up segregating themselves as to not wait or have to strategize how both can benefit.

You CAN get the same interaction with others in a quest based game it's just not as conducive as a mob kill based game.

Not in WOW. The most efficient way to level up in WOW is through LFD, and there are some quests associated with LFD. 

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

4/08/13 10:39:55 AM#125
I say you got to have both. I usually quest, but I would grind mobs along the way.
  Draftbeer

Novice Member

„Why Are You Wearing that Stupid Man Suit?”

4/08/13 10:42:13 AM#126
Mobs, lots of them, the more the better... bring those AoE skills.
  Arclan

Spotlight Poster

"Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute."

OP  4/08/13 2:54:44 PM#127

Originally posted by iixviiiix
i think everyone ready know that half of exp quest give you are from mob that you killing.

If they want to make it easy for player , they just need to double mob exp, not created some worthless quest.

And quest grind are terrible way to build a MMORPG.

Because in quest grind , player mainly solo.

So what point to play MMOs ?

Because of that , mmorpg nowaday have low party rate , terrible as Japan birth rate.

And because of that , player's relationship are extreme low.

If they want player lvl up fast , why don't make quest that give you exp when you pay gold ?

Yes , you pay gold to finish quest.

"please kil 10 rat and talk with npc A when you finish"

Stop that joke.

I will pay you gold that i earn from monster kill , kill those rat by yourself and give me my delicious exp.

Quest are precious content don't waste it.

It make me feel bad when they turn them to trash and throw at player.

Quest are content and exp grind are work.

And look , they mix player enjoyment with hard working.

If developer afraid player will pass they precious story telling content , there are alot way to make even high player get they hard time with low level pluzze quest. You don't need strong monster to created a hard quest , use your creative  to created some challenge for player .

Stop making those brainless muscle quest with auto hind.

Let player have they fun party time with mob grind exp

Let player have they enjoy time to slove quest's mystery.

You can't mix all the luxury delicious food in one bowl to created a better food. It only make thing go worst.

Quest are good tool to break "grind" , but don't abuse it and turn it in another kind of "grind".

I feel sad when most developer don't understand it.

What they want are people fast lvl up and join they "endgame content"

What point of "endgame content" grind fest when you waste alot of good content that player don't even read what those quest write.

Monster give exp / drop loots

Quest give money / fame / reward.

Don't tell me "i want solo and want 5' log and still finish something"

Yeah , you can still finish some quest with 5' and get some exp from mob that you need to kill , some exp , maybe a item.

You can solo too.

Let monster being the ugly one you need to kill.

Don't let player kill those good quest , those precious content , let player enjoy them.

Developer have to understand a logic.

Character earn exp from fighting monster and active thing like collect an craft.

Quest don't give exp , they only give reward.

So stop grind quest , stop grind game content.

Let Party , grind mobs to minced meat and enjoy quest with beer.

Another post in this topic

I think i have enough of quest grind ,

last week i download a F2P MMO and i feel sick when it tell me to quest grind again.

I at my limit of quest grind.

Now i can't play a MMORPG with quest grind anymore , because i feel it so familiar that i can know how endgame of it look like.

I feel so envy with people who just start to play quest grind , i hope i can being like them , enjoy game and don't feel anything bad. So innocent , i miss my innocent hahaha

Sigh*...

Post made me laugh. But very true.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit
video game company layoffs are twice the national average.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search