Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest | Skyforge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,002 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,291,992
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

8 posts found
  rensta

Advanced Member

"Girlfriends come and go but epic items are soulbound"

OP  2/09/13 4:20:13 PM#1

Well so most of us have played countless mmorpgs,but what are the mmos that gave you that nostalgic feeling? the urge to explore,the fear of dyeing,the excitment at pvping......

for me it was......

Runescape: Oh man,even if a monster killed you,you could lose all of your items that shit was intense! the quests were so well done!! you acutally had to think and explore the map,crafting was a main thing in the game,you could see about 60% of the population at the mines!!

I tryed to play it again,but ive already expirenced the world,nothing feels new to me anymore,so I am here trying for the last time to find a mmorpg that will give me that feeling again,even if it will be for a breif time :)  

please lend me a hand and share your "Nostalgic" mmorpg.

I am sorry in advance for my poor english.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
Add Multi-Quote

Baramos79

Novice Member

2/09/13 5:06:28 PM#2
Ultima Online for too many reasons to list.
  Aethaeryn

Advanced Member

2/09/13 5:10:41 PM#3

Same Ultima Online. . just for the exploring. 

Going back and playing it (even The Second Age) is just not the same.  Once people figure out all the mechanics etc.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

Zombie - Dead but still moving.

2/09/13 5:17:05 PM#4

I don't really have a 'good old days' MMO because I started quite late compared to others.

The closest to nostalgia for me at this point is wanting to find something that fits my style of gameplay, and knowing that I'm not finding it.

MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*

Rossboss

Novice Member

2/09/13 5:23:06 PM#5
Honestly, it's WoW. You can't compare the level design of the dungeons in WoW with anything else really. When I first ran Blackrock Depths in normal WoW before expansions, it raised the bar for level design for dungeons for me.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

rensta

Advanced Member

OP  2/09/13 5:34:47 PM#6

Wow i just visted ultima online site,can i cant belive they are still doing monthly fees O_O good thing they have a free trail :)  UO here i come!!

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
Add Multi-Quote

rensta

Advanced Member

OP  2/09/13 5:37:23 PM#7
Really? " the level design of the dungeons"? Well,i guess good for you then.....  lucky for you ther are alot of "WOW clones" :)  I must say i did enjoy the big world in wow,but thats it.

Add Multi-Quote

ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

Zombie - Dead but still moving.

2/09/13 5:58:43 PM#8
Originally posted by Rossboss
Honestly, it's WoW. You can't compare the level design of the dungeons in WoW with anything else really. When I first ran Blackrock Depths in normal WoW before expansions, it raised the bar for level design for dungeons for me.

BRD is a great design.  For the era, tons of art detail but it runs well.  Interesting non-linear design although I admit I got lost frequently (no fault of the dungeon).  SM Cath is still my personal favorite though.  Before the day of super-tanks, clearing the trash in main hall was quite challenging.

MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*