Trending Games | Star Citizen | Guild Wars 2 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,470 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,674
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Spies communicate via MMOs?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
49 posts found
  User Deleted
2/08/13 6:35:00 PM#41

Why isn't there a cool Spy MMO?

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

2/08/13 6:37:26 PM#42
Originally posted by Kyleran
Originally posted by Elsabolts

Shawn Smith tried to get a message to his cohearts at Langley before he was killed in Libya through Eve. The Goonies got quite for abit also.

I know he was gaming with his corp mates before he died, and did share some information about the attacks but not sure anyone every proved/confirmed he was trying to get information to any of his employers.

My sorces are saying alot of the missing weapons in Libya and maybe others areas were being sent via Turkey to Syria and Muslin Brotherhood ie: Iran back rebels. In short we the US were gun running. That is why your seeing President being protected that he new nothing after 5pm normal brifeing on Sept. 11 2012.

craftseeker

Advanced Member

2/08/13 6:39:39 PM#43
Originally posted by FromHell

I always get wary if I see the russians writing something with their spacey russian characters in general chats of different MMOs. They're coming for us, mark my word. And the chinese folks. And the Illuminati.

It's all happening in the Secret World, it's THE MMO for conspiracy theorists.

/tinfoil hat

Dont you know?

The tinfoil hat idea was circulated by THEM it alows THEM to identify you and focusses the mind control rays so that they can really get you!

</paranoia mode off>

User Deleted
2/08/13 6:41:33 PM#44
Originally posted by craftseeker
Originally posted by FromHell

I always get wary if I see the russians writing something with their spacey russian characters in general chats of different MMOs. They're coming for us, mark my word. And the chinese folks. And the Illuminati.

It's all happening in the Secret World, it's THE MMO for conspiracy theorists.

/tinfoil hat

Dont you know?

The tinfoil hat idea was circulated by THEM it alows THEM to identify you and focusses the mind control rays so that they can really get you!

Dude...there is no "them". That's just what THEY want you to think...

SBE1

Advanced Member

2/08/13 6:43:44 PM#45

I have an answer for you:  You pretty much cannot use an MMO to communicate, for the following reasons:

Assume you have access to classified information via a clearance.....all your purchases will be examined as part of your clearance.  Say you purchase an MMO game, then your personal computer will likely be monitored occassionally, including a keylog program.  This is similar to your phone being monitored occassionally. The more suspicious your activity, the more monitoring you get.

Hence, you have to find a way to communicate "off the grind", which is why drop points for information remains the best way to pass information between a spy and their handler. 

User Deleted
2/08/13 8:46:01 PM#46
I recall seeing them talking about this on the news years back with the whole terrorist thing. I'm sure it's been done, but i'd imagine there are better more secure ways of holding secret evil meetings.
  xpowderx

Hard Core Member

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. Richard Feynman, Nobel-prize-winning physicist

2/09/13 1:20:55 AM#47
Such active imaginations :-D I am fond of Skype and Ventrilo personally!

MUST WATCH: http://vimeo.com/105072944

ZombieKen

Advanced Member

Zombie - Dead but still moving.

2/09/13 1:24:41 AM#48

From what I heard they tried MMOs for communications but gave up due to random ganks and all the gold seller spam.

MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*

User Deleted
2/09/13 1:45:50 AM#49
Depends on what you consider to be spies?? Well not to sound like some kind of made for TV movie, I would imagine that It would be with in reason to think that a spy network could use VR to cordinate with RL IMHO.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search