Trending Games | ArcheAge | Rift | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,294 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,190,038
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » MMOs and Single Player Games

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

Tomorrow's just a future yesterday...

OP  2/08/13 3:40:33 AM#21

Originally posted by Cephus404
I play the game to win.

How does one "win" an MMO game?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

nilden

Novice Member

2/08/13 3:58:17 AM#22
First off kudos for bringing up what I consider to be an interesting subject. I think there's a lot to be said about game design when you take a look at the length of time a person will spend playing the game. One of the main things I think that effects this is the "This might as well be a single player game" line of thought or the "This is done better in a single player game and the multiplayer adds little". It's all about the trade off for adding multiplayer and if the game is not designed to take advantage of the biggest feature (being multiplayer) then it's easy to see why people would play single player games that are.

How to post links. Check it Archeage
LoveMinecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

2 Pages « 1 2 Search