Trending Games | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Landmark | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EVE Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,362 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,696
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » srgb and potential gamma artifacting!

3 posts found
  drbaltazar

Advanced Member

OP  2/05/13 6:42:02 PM#1
ok ,I read the srgb standard proposal.in it ,it seem that ms knew that using gamma 1.125(actual default)vs what almost anything on computer(most likely In graphic using alpha)artifact WILL be presrnt:they even explain how to prevent this issue !question:did dev actually ever notice ms warning about gamma causing artifact when transparency is used?i think most game dev never heard of this warning since it was during q&a at negotiation of srgb standard!ty for info)
  Quizzical

Guide

2/05/13 8:27:04 PM#2
At least from a gaming perspective, if you're trying to do anything with partial transparency, it's very finicky and gamma correction is the least of your worries.  (Binary transparency where each pixel is either completely invisible or completely opaque is much easier.)  Regardless, programmable pixel/fragment shaders give you the tools to handle gamma correction however you want.  Most likely, video drivers will do a sensible job of it by default without a game programmer having to do anything special, as this is the sort of thing that really should be handled in video drivers.
  drbaltazar

Advanced Member

OP  2/09/13 9:35:54 AM#3

not sure here but i think i found a fix (i could have some tweak related wrong but i think i am going the right way!i changed viewing conditions profile from srgb to icc and it looks like it fixed some of it (right click desktop,screen resolution,advanced setting,color management,color management,advanced tab:under window color system defaults:viewing conditions profile setting should be set to srgb ,change this to icc (click on it)i dont think this will be good for every game because basicly it assume an embbed way is on the game or program you use but if embed is avail (most game probably will (at least aaa title),then this will probably give better result!yaya!i wish game maker would mention how to set this or add a verification tool to do an undo this automaticly so you are properlly optimised for game maker intention.but since this rarelly happen good luck lol!

for me it partially worked in gw2 ,why partially!i dont know probably a smaller tweak i havent noticed yet but its way better overall!