Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,319 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,720
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Firefly Universe Online launches Indiegogo campaign

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Quizzical

Guide

2/08/13 6:08:48 PM#21
One could debate whether the difference between an outright scam and a well-intentioned but hopeless effort at building a game particularly matters.  There is a difference in intent and in what the people working on the project do behind the scenes.  But in terms of what actually gets delivered to gamers (i.e., nothing), there isn't.
  User Deleted
2/08/13 11:58:03 PM#22
Originally posted by Quizzical
One could debate whether the difference between an outright scam and a well-intentioned but hopeless effort at building a game particularly matters.  There is a difference in intent and in what the people working on the project do behind the scenes.  But in terms of what actually gets delivered to gamers (i.e., nothing), there isn't.

Perhaps if they used Kickstarter instead maybe this thread would of been more optimistic. Ive seen the webisode of the 10 year anniversary of Firefly and Joss Whedon Did hint that Firefly is not dead just hibernating. So as far as a legit MMO goes guess time will tell.

AutemOx

Novice Member

2/09/13 1:08:35 AM#23
I swear there will be a firefly mmo someday, guys :)  We just have to wait and when the right stuff comes along we do what we can to assist in making it viable.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

kevb

Novice Member

2/09/13 8:14:01 AM#24

They can't use Kickstarter as the founders don't reside in the USA, or have a USA company.

To be clear, these guys don't have a license for a Firefly video game.  Joss Whedon has publicly spoken about his desire for a Firefly game before, and has in fact met with two companies about it (with Fox), one of which licensed Firefly for an MMO from 20th Century Fox.  (Multiverse - they later went bust).   They discussed designs, the world etc etc.  One day, I imagine it will happen.  Via a company with millions of dollars.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search