Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,671 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,368
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » A Players Bill of Rights.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
50 posts found
  Rasputin

Novice Member

2/06/13 6:25:55 PM#41

Many posts on this thread proves what the quality of a large portion of the posters on MMORPG.com is of.

With this quality level it is understandable, that rarely anything here is worth reading beyond many of the opening posts. You have to look long and hard for replies of value.

Wraithone

Advanced Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

2/06/13 6:48:57 PM#42

Player Bill of Rights?...  While your heart may be in the right place, until development becomes a science, rather than the art that it is, its unlikely.   The subject of "rights" is rather more complex than many people believe.  Understanding such concepts would aid in their proper application.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_rights

Not to mention the current reality.  If companies had the option of being honest, their EULA would be a simple phrase, such as ; "We can do what we want, when we want, and your only real recourse is to not play this game" .  Which in reality is what all the legal mumbo jumbo translates to.

Banaghran

Novice Member

2/06/13 10:08:47 PM#43

Might be interesting as a concept, but the points given are rather weak, some even express gameplay preference or are outdated.

Flame on!

:)

User Deleted

OP  2/07/13 12:02:41 AM#44
Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Derp.  

Nice post OP.  Nothing I have to say is directed at you.  I'm addressing the ideas presented and you are cool with me.

Well, it is hard for me to imagine that anyone would respect a bill of rights for gamers when they don't respect the political bill of rights for real life.  Even if it protects them.  Just an all around lack of respect centering around, I'm guessing, their own discontentments.

TY I am not sure if it comes down to it if the word respect is the correct word to use? To sum it up is it fun for me to keep playing and paying?

User Deleted
2/07/13 12:13:55 AM#45
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by Isturi

Yes it is true here is a blog that gives us a point of view from Graham Nelson who created Craft of Adventure Five articles on the design of adventure games.

This last one is a age old argument P2P vs F2P Intreasting that Graham had thoughts on this very subject back in '95.

Where is your list of responsibilities?

+10

User Deleted
2/07/13 12:19:18 AM#46

Honestly, I really didn't give this much credit after reading:

1. "Not to be killed without warning. clearly that insta-death wasn't fun, even if that death was the result of a bad decision from the player. We made a set of changes to help give players a second to assess the situation and react."

Here's what I saw:

In EQ1, breaking the Plane of Fear, Cazic-Thule calls out your name!...

A box pops up asking "Cazic-Thule, Lord of Fear, has requested that you fall dead because you have angered him. Do you accept? Press 'YES' or 'NO'"

I really think this might have changed how the game was played and intended, don't ya think?

Marirranya

Novice Member

2/07/13 1:39:52 AM#47

i think its a nice read. and hey, its free to dream right?

the gamer bill of rights can be taken seriously or not. its up to you guys though on how you wanna take it :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

2/07/13 2:11:20 AM#48
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
The Taxation Clause:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxing_and_Spending_Clause

It means government has a right to collect it with the approval of the Congress, and citizens have a responsibility to pay it, or they will be held accountable by law and powers given to the government to collect such taxes by the Congress.

Try not paying taxes, lol.

A little more involved that just the IRS. You can't escape jury duty either, nor the Draft (when one is necessary).

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.749cabd81f5ffc8fba713d10526e0aa0/?vgnextoid=39d2df6bdd42a210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=39d2df6bdd42a210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

What we explain (to naturalized citizens) what the responsibilities they're signing on for entail.

Most native-born citizens are...less educated about civic responsibilities than our immigrants are. But some of these are considered implicits rather than explicit.

Do we still have high school Civics, at all?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

User Deleted

OP  2/07/13 10:44:11 AM#49
Originally posted by Marirranya

i think its a nice read. and hey, its free to dream right?

the gamer bill of rights can be taken seriously or not. its up to you guys though on how you wanna take it :3

Ty You got the whole gest of the thread.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

2/07/13 10:59:06 AM#50
Originally posted by Wraithone

Player Bill of Rights?...  While your heart may be in the right place, until development becomes a science, rather than the art that it is, its unlikely.   The subject of "rights" is rather more complex than many people believe.  Understanding such concepts would aid in their proper application.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_rights

Not to mention the current reality.  If companies had the option of being honest, their EULA would be a simple phrase, such as ; "We can do what we want, when we want, and your only real recourse is to not play this game" .  Which in reality is what all the legal mumbo jumbo translates to.

That is pretty much how a free market works for entertainment products. The devs are not obligated to do anything for you, and you are not obligated to buy their products.

(This is of course different than necessities like food.)

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search