Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,508 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,887
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Next round of rival games?

6 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  1/31/13 9:55:08 PM#1

We've seen countless rivals in the past, battling it out for hype and sales...

Who is next?

One rivalry I see shaping up is ESO and Archeage, although I'm not sure about the timing.  ESO might be here long before Archeage gets to release.

Phaserlight

Hard Core Member

Do you want to improve the world? I don't think it can be done. -Lao Tzu

2/01/13 7:42:29 AM#2
Vendetta Online, Elite: Dangerous, and Star Citizen will be an interesting trio of twitch-based, spaceflight-sim, MMO-likes (Vendetta is the only true MMORPG of the three, afaik; not knocking E:D or SC)

"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
Authored 110 missions in Vendetta Online
Check it out on Steam

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

2/01/13 7:49:28 AM#3
Originally posted by XAPGames

We've seen countless rivals in the past, battling it out for hype and sales...

Who is next?

One rivalry I see shaping up is ESO and Archeage, although I'm not sure about the timing.  ESO might be here long before Archeage gets to release.

I hope it is between TES and AA because both are games I don't feel any urge to support.

Etherignis

Novice Member

2/02/13 4:58:28 PM#4
Blade n soul vs Tera, BRING IT ON!!!
  FARGIN_WAR

Novice Member

2/02/13 5:15:27 PM#5

A tripple faction free for all between EQ Next vs Wildstar vs Archeage is my pick.

I would have picked AA vs TESO, but it looks like TES fans are having a pretty good fight all by themselves and any hate from another game faction probably wouldn't even get their attention.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

greenreen

Advanced Member

2/03/13 12:25:02 AM#6

I'll choose two Kickstarter funded MMOs. They both have something to prove for the Kickstarter image.

Greed Monger versus Pathfinder Online

One got thrice their funding goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/appleton/greed-monger-a-crafting-focused-sandbox-mmorpg?ref=live

The other got barely their goal but more money was requested.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandbox-mmo?ref=live

One has a large team an an established story, the other is riding the player-driven story road with a smaller crew.

Too bad their releases aren't closer together, then I could have a true ring-side view of which gets more interest.