Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,828 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,568
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Anybody for an MMO Questionnaire?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
63 posts found
  Boraell

Advanced Member

1/27/13 5:21:39 PM#21

1. What are the top one or two MMO games you have spent the most hours playing in the last 3 months?

Rift: SL

2. Which MMO got you hooked on MMO games?

Ultima Online

3. If you could wave a magic wand and "fix" all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix ("fix" includes upgrade graphics and animations)?

Secret World

4. How much money have you spent on MMO games in the last 6 months, including game client, time cards/subscriptions, gem cards, real money auctions, third-party gold or leveling services, etc)?

£60-£100 aprox on game client + subs

5. If you could turn any setting from a book or movie into a modern MMO, designed to your specifications, which book or movie would you adapt (even if it has already been done)?

Mistborn (Brandon Sanderson) or Dragonlance (set just prior to the reunion - so no cleric class - with the 1st expansion bringing this in. Huge open and persistant world.)

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

1/27/13 5:25:25 PM#22
Originally posted by BitterClinger
Originally posted by Goatgod76

Look at the amounts spent by people in this thread and that pretty much sums up why most companies rather go the F2P/Cash Shop routes. Sickening.

Well, we can't be sure how much is cash shop. It seems the only money some of the people have spent was for the game client only. Of the $300 (est.) I've spent in the last six months, $100 was on monthly subscription fees. Another $90 was spent on game clients, and finally I spent over $100 on cash shop items.

I actually changed mine because I missed 6 months (thought it was one) -- much more in that time...

RaZKaLz

Apprentice Member

1/27/13 5:47:00 PM#23

I saw some answer and when i read them I was like "HOLY SHIT YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOMELYEPIC!"

Dune and Midkemia's world would be epic to play in man xD 

Homitu

Advanced Member

1/27/13 5:58:06 PM#24

1. What are the top one or two MMO games you have spent the most hours playing in the last 3 months?

Edit: just saw "the last 3 months."  GW2 is the only MMO I've played in the last 2-3 years.  FFXI and WoW are the top 2 MMOs I've spent time playing lifetime.  

I guess FFXI, since it was my first.  But then I played WoW and was really blown away.  Immersed and drawn into the world in ways FFXI could never possibly accomplish.  

3. If you could wave a magic wand and "fix" all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix ("fix" includes upgrade graphics and animations)?

Either GW2 or FFXIV.  GW2 because it's currently my favorite MMO.  No MMO is perfect; they all have flaws; why wouldn't I want to make my favorite MMO even better?  FFXIV because I REALLY want to like a Final Fantasy MMO.  They're just making it so hard for me. 

4. How much money have you spent on MMO games in the last 6 months, including game client, time cards/subscriptions, gem cards, real money auctions, third-party gold or leveling services, etc)?

$60, box price of GW2.  

5. If you could turn any setting from a book or movie into a modern MMO, designed to your specifications, which book or movie would you adapt (even if it has already been done)?

Wheel of Time.  There's no fantasy world I'm more in love with than Robert Jordan's creation.  

BitterClinger

Apprentice Member

2014 Watch List: World of Warships, Wildstar Online

OP  1/27/13 6:22:40 PM#25
Originally posted by RaZKaLz

I saw some answer and when i read them I was like "HOLY SHIT YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOMELYEPIC!"

Dune and Midkemia's world would be epic to play in man xD 

Exactly!  I started looking at some of the answers and immediately thought, "OH! I want to change my answer!"

I would love to see Dune. I also saw someone mention Forgotten Realms, and I immediately thought Planescape! Man, there's a lot of great suggestions here.

Top Games Played JAN 2014: World of Warplanes, Guild Wars 2, World of Tanks

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ESO, and Combat Arms

1/27/13 6:41:31 PM#26

Look at the amounts spent by people in this thread and that pretty much sums up why most companies rather go the F2P/Cash Shop routes. Sickening.

You know that's about the price of 3 subscription games for 6 months, right?

Quirhid

Advanced Member

I dare you to pin a label on me.

1/27/13 6:57:49 PM#27

First to judge. Way to go Goatgod!

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

greenreen

Advanced Member

1/27/13 6:59:56 PM#28

Re-using that colored text idea in between questions, looks nice.

Saga of Ryzom,GW2 - left in Nov

Runescape

Chronicles of Spellborn

~$140 - one sub game+one different game purchased

The Time Before History: 5 Million Years of Human Impact

Goatgod76

Novice Member

1/27/13 7:17:20 PM#29
Originally posted by Quirhid

It's observation based on amounts shown for most.

Goatgod76

Novice Member

1/27/13 7:18:26 PM#30
Originally posted by Loktofeit

Yeah...3, not 1. IDK anyone who plays 3 at once though personally.

Goatgod76

Novice Member

1/27/13 7:22:23 PM#31
Originally posted by DamonVile

Well, we can't be sure how much is cash shop. It seems the only money some of the people have spent was for the game client only. Of the $300 (est.) I've spent in the last six months, $100 was on monthly subscription fees. Another $90 was spent on game clients, and finally I spent over $100 on cash shop items.

If $300 in 6 months is a sickening amount to spend on a hobby.....he needs to get a better job. Considering the number of hours even casuals play in that time. $50 a month is still nothing.

Movies always put this into perspective. $13 for 2 hrs vrs how much for a whole month ? The cost of a movie is sickening :P yet I go to them all the time.

And some of us use patience and wait for them to come to Redbox. I'd rather be disappointed for $1 than $13.

$300 if used on 1 game is pretty bad (F2P with Cash shop). If distributed amongst many games, well...that is a different story. Many here read too much into things so ready to argue. Guess I could of explained it better as well.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/27/13 7:24:34 PM#32

Asheron's Call, GW2 and Torchlight II

Asheron's Call in 1999

Asheron's Call - Update Graphics Engine, add an Auction House and Group Finder, change the combat system to be identical to GW2

GW2 - Add hundreds of new skils and make the weapon system identical to the utility system (pick and choose from a list of combat skills)  Add a dungeon Finder, add in hundreds of weapons and armor skins, increase the loot and currency drop rate, remove the anti-bot grinding code and finally add a system to spend unused skill points on armor.weapons skins and add more skills to buy.

over $700

Elder Scrolls RPG....ohh wait its coming soon :)

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ESO, and Combat Arms

1/27/13 7:25:25 PM#33
Originally posted by Loktofeit

Yeah...3, not 1. IDK anyone who plays 3 at once though personally.

Now you do.

PhoenixC13

Advanced Member

1/27/13 7:27:08 PM#34

WoW, Rift

EQ

EQ

Probalby around $100

Shadow Run

Homitu

Advanced Member

1/28/13 10:10:08 AM#35
Originally posted by Quirhid

It's observation based on amounts shown for most.

Where does your "most" come from?  20 or so unique thread responses that didn't even indicate whether or not the money they spent was in cash shop games?  Are you sure you didn't just see a value that's quite large to you, think I hate F2P games with cash shops, and then, to justify your own dislike of the model, attribute that value to cash shops without actually having any clue whether or not that's where it came from?

That's not following where the evidence leads you; that's adjusting the evidence in your own mind to suit your own conclusions.  

But that was only your minor offense.  

Undoubtedly there are people who spend that much money on F2P games (one or multiple) over a 6 month period.  But according to every study available by every game company that has kept track of which users purchase what, these people are in the extreme minority.  And that's the beauty of good f2p models.  That a very small portion of players who have the disposable income available to throw at video games and other means of entertainment, may do so, while the vast majority of players can be more frugal with their gaming habit and ultimately spend significantly less than they would if the game had a sub fee.  

spookydom

Apprentice Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

1/28/13 10:16:04 AM#36

TSW POE

WoW

Vanguard

£100 ish

Shadowrun Or Rifts

Alrcari

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 10:21:25 AM#37

Here's a few questions with the answers that I would give:

My Answers -

GW2

Ultima Online

Earth and Beyond

~$250

Any of the Piers Anthony Series (Xanth or Blue Adept Series)

LauraFrost

Novice Member

1/29/13 5:11:55 AM#38

None.

Aber MUD (if MUDS are not MMORPGs then Meridian 59, and if that's not an MMORPG then EverQuest).

EverQuest, only because I want to play a game like it but with updated graphics/UI and some minor fixing/adjustments here and there.

Zero.

Forgotten Realms setting.

WhiteLantern

Novice Member

1/29/13 5:19:13 AM#39

Here's a few questions with the answers that I would give:

STO

WoW

WAR

210$ (For Goatgod: 150$ was for the GW2 CE)

Front Mission (I know, not a book or movie)

Ooops, forgot MOP CE and 2 months sub = ~310$ total

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

meddyck

Elite Member

1/29/13 5:25:35 AM#40

GW2 but I haven't actually played it all that many hours in the last 3 months

DAOC

DAOC

$60 or whatever the standard digital download price of GW 2 was

I'm tired of the usual fantasy settings in MMOs. Maybe a Blade Runner or Road Warrior MMO would be a good change of pace.

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search