Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,637,565 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,072,974
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » ArcheAge or The Elder Scrolls Online

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
131 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:21:14 PM#41
Jtc
Why I said except skyrim.

Oblivion and Morrowind have classes.

You do level through kills, what happens to your archery skill when you shoot a bandit.

Tes games DO have gated content. example you can't progress the main story in skyrim until you have the required shouts. You can't enter the mages guild until your magicacis high enough to cast fear.
  Dantae87

Novice Member

1/26/13 1:22:55 PM#42
Cant wait for both for me! More so Arc....

A.Blackloch

Advanced Member

"Choke on the smoke from my quill."

1/26/13 1:23:55 PM#43
AA. I'm not looking for a coop Skyrim.

Jemcrystal

Advanced Member

Let em put a slave ring thru u're nose u're prob not going to like where they're taking you. Think.

1/26/13 1:26:27 PM#44
I'll be playing all four mmos; ArcheAge, TESO, TERA, and as always Mabinogi.

Playing FFXIV-ARR NA:Faerie. Guild Mytical Mourning - Rhett.

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:29:05 PM#45
i think both games will be fun and can't wait for either.. but think it is funny a heavily eastern influenced sandboxy MMO is easily winning the pole against one of the biggest RPG franchises out there.. and people say this site isn't sandbox jaded:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:31:04 PM#46
I will probably try both. Unless I see evidence that TESO is some sort of fantasy swtor. But hey haven't played it or seen enough yet, my guess probably be open world themepark with sandbox crafting. But off its instanced to hell and back like swtor to fit in personal story I will avoid it.

I'm also liking the stuff I hear about aow. Don't know when wod is out but that's one I'm definetly playing because of ccp.
  PyrateLV

Tipster

1/26/13 1:35:45 PM#47
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Pyrate
Yes they can on a coop or ffa server

1- Only 2 servers out of how many?

2- 2 exceptions that didnt get implemented until 3-4 years after release

3- You are using the exceptions to try and make your point?

4- TESO will not have those exceptions in place

Can we just drop this now? You seem headstrong in disagreeing no matter what.

This also is Off Topic and has nothing to do with the point of the OP

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

DireLion

Novice Member

"Old and moldy, history, n' mystery!"

1/26/13 1:36:36 PM#48
My Vote gos to Both, why?    Only thing they have in common is fantasy. Based on all the mmos ive played in the last 13 years its all a wait and see play them both or be left behind game. I plan to play ESO because Im a fan boy, AA because Im a sandbox fan. One draw....Does my computer run it worth playing it?  Do I have the patience to flounder through the first few months of bugs? And lastly will Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV have more fun with my computer then me.

“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve regardless of how many times you may have failed in the past or how lofty your aims and hopes may be.”
-Napoleon Hill-

InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:38:45 PM#49

The Elder Scrolls Online

Richer lore and a stronger community, the armour sets and no classes with a huge combination of spells and playstyles and the beautiful world and landscapes of elder scrolls.

That is pretty much what makes me want to play. Hopefully the crafting and PvP and PvE content is great!

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:39:02 PM#50
Lol Pyrate its off topic now you've been shown to be wrong.
  RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

1/26/13 1:44:29 PM#51
Originally posted by DireLion
My Vote gos to Both, why?    Only thing they have in common is fantasy. Based on all the mmos ive played in the last 13 years its all a wait and see play them both or be left behind game. I plan to play ESO because Im a fan boy, AA because Im a sandbox fan. One draw....Does my computer run it worth playing it?  Do I have the patience to flounder through the first few months of bugs? And lastly will Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV have more fun with my computer then me.

I doubt AA will be that buggy at launch, it's spent a long long time in beta with no NDA.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:46:40 PM#52
Pyrate
I recall when TESO was first announced and we knew NOTHING about it.

You were adamant it would be "a fantasy swtor"

Since then we've heard various things that sound decidedly not swtor, like open dungeons, crafted gear being as good as pve gear, no quest hubs etc..

But you have been HEADSTRONG in not loosing face on your initial argument. Even now making ridiculous arguments like daoc was some sort of instanced to feck closed world game as we've heard the game will use daoc rvr system.

The game may turn out bad, I have reservations with this mega server business and phased storylines. We don't know yet.

P.s you beloved darkfall which you seem hell bent on turning TESO into, was STRONGLY influenced by daoc.
  DireLion

Novice Member

"Old and moldy, history, n' mystery!"

1/26/13 1:47:05 PM#53
Originally posted by RefMinor
Originally posted by DireLion

I doubt AA will be that buggy at launch, it's spent a long long time in beta with no NDA.

This is great to hear   Thats one down one to go! 

“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve regardless of how many times you may have failed in the past or how lofty your aims and hopes may be.”
-Napoleon Hill-

User Deleted
1/26/13 1:48:19 PM#54
I voted ArcheAge and I will defenetly play both but Archage is just so many features I read about that makes it feel somehow sandboxy but combatwise I think TESO will be better, ArcheAge combat don't look that great IMO.
  GrayGhost79

Advanced Member

1/26/13 1:49:25 PM#55
Originally posted by jtcgs
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Am I the only one a bit sad that an Asian Sandbox-ish game is generating more interest than TESO and mainly because AA is more of a sandbox?

Perhaps you are, because im sure most of those that are sad are more sad over TES NOT being a sandbox like it should be than being sad that an Asian game that is, has a larger following here.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying and partly due to the fact that you wanted to cut out the part where I also chose Archage over TESO. My sadness comes from the fact that AA seems more TES than TESO does. 

PyrateLV

Tipster

1/26/13 1:51:27 PM#56
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Pyrate
I recall when TESO was first announced and we knew NOTHING about it.

You were adamant it would be "a fantasy swtor"

Since then we've heard various things that sound decidedly not swtor, like open dungeons, crafted gear being as good as pve gear, no quest hubs etc..

But you have been HEADSTRONG in not loosing face on your initial argument. Even now making ridiculous arguments like daoc was some sort of instanced to feck closed world game as we've heard the game will use daoc rvr system.

The game may turn out bad, I have reservations with this mega server business and phased storylines. We don't know yet.

P.s you beloved darkfall which you seem hell bent on turning TESO into, was STRONGLY influenced by daoc.

1- Never once did I say DAoC was instanced to hell and back.

2- I loathe Darkfall. Its a POS Elitist PvP Gankfest.

Quit puting words in my mouth to try to prove your point.

And yes, this arguement of ours is OT. Im done with it as we will NEVER agree

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Wighty

Elite Member

1/26/13 1:53:47 PM#57

Neither at this point... both are MANY months away... I am not jumping on any hype trains.

Will be able to make a dertermination once I get a little playtime on each.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

SuperDonk

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:53:48 PM#58

To be honest I'm not that excited about either game atm. Maybe if I get into the betas I'll change my mind, but after geting my hopes up for MMOs like GW2, TSW and SWTOR only to be disappointed I'm not as excitable for MMOs anymore.

If I don't get into beta for either game I won't prepurchase or buy at launch. I'm over the hype rollercoasters MMOs have been lately.

I want to be Uncle Owen again.

BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

1/26/13 1:58:34 PM#59
Originally posted by Thorqemada

EQ Next will probably show up more infos over the coming months.

Ooo I like this comment.

With PS4, XBOX3, and more info on games like EQnext and maybe even Titan coming out, way too early to tell what games I'm going to be playing at the end of the year.

I'm hoping to beta both AA and ESO but I'm willing to wager the real sleeper hit from the East might not be AA afterall - it'll be Black Desert.

Now Playing: D3:RoS
Looking Towards: Destiny

GrayGhost79

Advanced Member

1/26/13 2:02:02 PM#60
Originally posted by BadSpock
Originally posted by Thorqemada

EQ Next will probably show up more infos over the coming months.

Ooo I like this comment.

With PS4, XBOX3, and more info on games like EQnext and maybe even Titan coming out, way too early to tell what games I'm going to be playing at the end of the year.

I'm hoping to beta both AA and ESO but I'm willing to wager the real sleeper hit from the East might not be AA afterall - it'll be Black Desert.

Unfortunately while I am very interested in Black Desert and think its going to do well I don't think its going to appeal to as large of an audience. Definitely one I'm keeping an eye on though. 

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search