Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,396 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,847
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » ArcheAge or The Elder Scrolls Online

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
131 posts found
  Sovrath

Elite Member

1/26/13 11:46:01 AM#21
Until I've tried them both I'll have to take a wait and see attitude. I would lean more toward archeage even though I'm a huge elderscrolls fan.
  jtcgs

Advanced Member

1/26/13 11:50:10 AM#22

As a long time TES fan I will say this. ArcheAge is more TES than TESO is TES. Just having the names of places and skins of TES does not make it TES. ive said it before and I will say it again, if TESO was TES, the names and places could be non-TES and I would be sayin...hey, this is a TES clone. Well, that cannot be said about TESO, because its DaoC...a game nothing like TES.

ArcheAge is open world sandpark, TESO is just another Themepark.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

OgreRaper

Novice Member

1/26/13 11:54:26 AM#23

TESO. Because it seems like DAOC 2 set in the ES universe. If that's indeed what it turns out to be, I'll be quite happy with it.

However, it's too early for me to tell which will end up being the better game for me. I intend to try them both.

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

1/26/13 11:55:22 AM#24

I chose AA.... but wanted to ask

Am I the only one a bit sad that an Asian Sandbox-ish game is generating more interest than TESO and mainly because AA is more of a sandbox?

jtcgs

Advanced Member

1/26/13 12:03:08 PM#25
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Am I the only one a bit sad that an Asian Sandbox-ish game is generating more interest than TESO and mainly because AA is more of a sandbox?

Perhaps you are, because im sure most of those that are sad are more sad over TES NOT being a sandbox like it should be than being sad that an Asian game that is, has a larger following here.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Kingmob23

Novice Member

1/26/13 12:07:45 PM#26
I plan on playing them both as soon as  these companies release them to the masses. 
  User Deleted
1/26/13 12:07:54 PM#27

Which am I more excited about?  Archeage.

While not a 100% fit for what I'm looking for in an MMORPG, it's closer than TESO.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 12:12:39 PM#28
Pyrate
Daoc is entirely open world, there's absolutely no instances in the entire game.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 12:14:03 PM#29
Jtcgs
Last time I played skyrim I couldn't build a ship and be a pirate. A Chinese ship.
  SlyLoK

Elite Member

1/26/13 12:17:02 PM#30
I will be playing both.. Both games have elements that I enjoy.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 12:19:27 PM#31
Similarities between daoc and tes series
Player housing
Even more open world (towns and stuff don't have load screens)
Crafting is very important
Darkish fantasy setting
Can kill anyone (on ffa server)
Real archery with trajectories
Has quests but not hub style questing
Dungeons you just wander into, rather than make group and teleport there (daoc dungeons are not instanced)

Just getting annoyed with noobs that never played thinking daoc is like bloody wow or something.
  pantaro

Hard Core Member

1/26/13 12:22:03 PM#32
Originally posted by jtcgs
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Perhaps you are, because im sure most of those that are sad are more sad over TES NOT being a sandbox like it should be than being sad that an Asian game that is, has a larger following here.

EXACTLY!

remyburke

Advanced Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

1/26/13 12:25:42 PM#33
ArcheAge, because I've already been playing TESO for the past 9 years.

MMORPG.com member: 10th Year Anniversary. Where has the time gone...?

Waiting for: ArcheAge

Played: AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

Ice-Queen

Advanced Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

1/26/13 12:27:18 PM#34
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Similarities between daoc and tes series
Player housing
Even more open world (towns and stuff don't have load screens)
Crafting is very important
Darkish fantasy setting
Can kill anyone (on ffa server)
Real archery with trajectories
Has quests but not hub style questing
Dungeons you just wander into, rather than make group and teleport there (daoc dungeons are not instanced)

Just getting annoyed with noobs that never played thinking daoc is like bloody wow or something.

It gets old, that's for sure. I so wish people would stop comparing Daoc to today's mmo's.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 12:28:21 PM#35
Thing is tes series isn't a sandbox.

Skyrim apart it has classes
It has levels
It has gated content
skyrim with hearthfire apart you can't build your own house
It has a ton of quests, many of which need to be done in a linear order (e.g to get to next stage in a guild story line)
It has a "you are the hero" setup

Tes is a hybrid / open workday themepark with sandbox elements

It has more in common with games like ac, daoc and EQ than it does games like eve & uo.

Sure its not like wow style themeparks either though.
  jtcgs

Advanced Member

1/26/13 12:37:57 PM#36
Jtcgs
Last time I played skyrim I couldn't build a ship and be a pirate. A Chinese ship.

Thats funny because I just so happen to have a Skyrim mod that has a Pirate ship and adds pirate clothing...but I do thank you for looking for "pirate ships" as a way to say TESO is closer to TES than AA...seeing as how there is no information about pirates or ships being in TESO yet.

Doh!

PyrateLV

Tipster

1/26/13 12:49:08 PM#37
Pyrate
Daoc is entirely open world, there's absolutely no instances in the entire game.

Can any 1 of the 3 sides enter the other factions lands and adventure? NO. They are closed and zoned off.

Not an OPEN world.

I am not going to even try to explain if further. You will never get it.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

jtcgs

Advanced Member

1/26/13 1:17:15 PM#38
Thing is tes series isn't a sandbox.

Skyrim apart it has classes
It has levels
It has gated content
skyrim with hearthfire apart you can't build your own house
It has a ton of quests, many of which need to be done in a linear order (e.g to get to next stage in a guild story line)
It has a "you are the hero" setup

Tes is a hybrid / open workday themepark with sandbox elements

It has more in common with games like ac, daoc and EQ than it does games like eve & uo.

Sure its not like wow style themeparks either though.

1. Skyrim does not have classes, it has skills you can level and you can do them all.

2. Levels raised by using SKILLS, you dont get XP for quests, or kills.

3. TES games do NOT have gated content. Its 100% open outside the main story.

4. Housing has nothing to do with sandbox, there are themepark games with housing.

5. A game can be a sandbox and still have a storyline as long as doing that story is not level based. which it isnt.

6. Not sandbox based.

Thank you, please try again with at least one example that fits what you are saying.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 1:17:55 PM#39
Pyrate
Yes they can on a coop or ffa server
  Niburu

Hard Core Member

1/26/13 1:20:16 PM#40

My vote goes to ArchAge. While the combat is garbage the rest is simply what i want from an MMO. Conflict driven gameplay about ressources and TON's of possibilities to shape the world.

http://www.archeage.com/en#index

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search