Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Camelot Unchained | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,529 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,901
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Minecraft makes fools of MMO companies

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search
143 posts found
  EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

It's Penguin Appreciation Day!

1/24/13 8:33:06 PM#81
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Again spot the freeloaders who've only played free version of minecraft. ^^^^^

if referring to me the extent of my minecraft experience is youtube videos thanks.

User Deleted
1/24/13 8:33:15 PM#82
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Originally posted by eddieg50
LOL-minecraft is like doodling, you draw pretty pictures you ohh and ahhh but in the end you do not take it seriously

Have you ever heard of this thing called art?  You know, where they draw pretty pictures sometimes and hundreds of years later are still talked about?

Also, it is very funny to me that you think it's laughable as a game, but that millions, nearly 20 million people, consider it worth buying.  Compare that to some of the latest big MMO releases and...

I play an MMO to play the MMO.  Not sit around for hundreds of years commenting on it.

User Deleted
1/24/13 8:35:11 PM#83
Originally posted by laokoko

ok so minecraft is a mmorpg?  I dont' see it at the mmorpg listing.

Considering an individual minecraft server can hold thousands of players and some frequently hit 1000 users online, and that DOTA is listed but supports what, 10 people at once, yeah it should be on this list as much as many other titles should be.

It's not an RPG in any sense of the word though.

EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:35:43 PM#84
Originally posted by EccentricPenguin

Just had to throw that in there. Yes obviously people find it fun and purchase it, but apparently I cannot wrap my mind around why the hell someone would want to waste money on it.

Perhaps as with the case of many, many gamers, the spending of money on a fun game isn't a waste?  Especially one relatively inexpensive and with staggering possibilities, free patches and updates, as well as an active modding community?

Just a thought.  I did appreciate your explanation about LEGO at least.

I don't mean to come off as rude, or degrading towards those who play it. I know my son has quite a few friends who play it (all 3rd - 4th graders). I just personally don't get it. I'm sure people get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it, and honestly that's all that matters. Everyone is entitled to enjoy themselves however they please!

kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/24/13 8:37:36 PM#85
Originally posted by asmkm22

Considering an individual minecraft server can hold thousands of players and some frequently hit 1000 users online, and that DOTA is listed but supports what, 10 people at once, yeah it should be on this list as much as many other titles should be.

Ah, so ignoring RPG video game conventions like looting items, levelling up, pvp, crafting, trading with NPCs?

Or did you mean role playing like pretending to be really in the world, which people also do?

Or did you mean Rocket Propelled Grenade, which I'm sure some fan mod has added to the game?

Actually, what the hell do you mean?  ha

El Psy Congroo

kadepsyson

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:40:23 PM#86

Just had to throw that in there. Yes obviously people find it fun and purchase it, but apparently I cannot wrap my mind around why the hell someone would want to waste money on it.

Perhaps as with the case of many, many gamers, the spending of money on a fun game isn't a waste?  Especially one relatively inexpensive and with staggering possibilities, free patches and updates, as well as an active modding community?

I don't mean to come off as rude, or degrading towards those who play it. I know my son has quite a few friends who play it (all 3rd - 4th graders). I just personally don't get it. I'm sure people get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it, and honestly that's all that matters. Everyone is entitled to enjoy themselves however they please!

Ah, so your son is playing minecraft - required coursework in some schools.  He's playing a game worthy to be educational, as well as generally well reviewedt and considered fun by millions.  He does this willingly, and with friends.

Yet you call it a waste.

El Psy Congroo

Bruise187

Novice Member

AC2..Greatest game ever to be closed. They did it dirty.

1/24/13 8:40:49 PM#87
minecraft also looks like an un-fun version of some backshelf b-title from the 20's.

Minecraft has also sold over 6 times as many copies as Guild Wars 2.  Over 18 million last I looked.  So it is rather funny to me when people say it looks un-fun and like a terrible game from the past, when a new game with supposed innovation and quality graphics (lol culling fail), sells far, far less, while costing much more to both produce and purchase.

Yeah, Minecraft.  Better selling, more innovative, and far more influential than GW2.

Whether it sold over 6 times more copies as GW2 or 600 times more copies, just shows how much overpopulation is going on around the world, dang 3-10 age range of those players...It looks like crap, the things you build look like crap, so why do it? I honestly don't see how that game could be entertaining to anyone other than a small child. Like it was said earlier, just buy legos.

So you have never played it but want to bash it here is what I get from your post?

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I'm not your friend.

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:41:20 PM#88

Ah, so your son is playing minecraft - required coursework in some schools.  He's playing a game worthy to be educational, as well as generally well reviewedt and considered fun by millions.  He does this willingly, and with friends.

Yet you call it a waste.

Correction: He has friends that play it. He does not play it.

Bruise187

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:43:27 PM#89
Originally posted by asmkm22

Guess you havent seen the hash/slash/mine mod out there have you.

I'm not your friend.

EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:43:44 PM#90
Originally posted by Bruise187
minecraft also looks like an un-fun version of some backshelf b-title from the 20's.

Minecraft has also sold over 6 times as many copies as Guild Wars 2.  Over 18 million last I looked.  So it is rather funny to me when people say it looks un-fun and like a terrible game from the past, when a new game with supposed innovation and quality graphics (lol culling fail), sells far, far less, while costing much more to both produce and purchase.

Yeah, Minecraft.  Better selling, more innovative, and far more influential than GW2.

Whether it sold over 6 times more copies as GW2 or 600 times more copies, just shows how much overpopulation is going on around the world, dang 3-10 age range of those players...It looks like crap, the things you build look like crap, so why do it? I honestly don't see how that game could be entertaining to anyone other than a small child. Like it was said earlier, just buy legos.

So you have never played it but want to bash it here is what I get from your post?

You build things, end of story. Don't need to understand much more than that to know I don't like it. 

kadepsyson

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:45:34 PM#91

Yet you call it a waste.

Ah.  My mistake.  I see the waste then.  A wasted opportunity ;)

In any event, did you know someone built an ASCII word processor in Minecraft?  You could say they have imagination, drive, excellent planning skills, and all sorts of qualities that could translate into the real world.  There are hundreds of amazing things done in Minecraft.

It is a waste that you haven't found them yet ;)

El Psy Congroo

Bruise187

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:45:50 PM#92

You build things, end of story. Don't need to understand much more than that to know I don't like it. 

Yup your right. Who wants a game that lets you do anything you want in it\. there is no fun in that game at all. we should ban it from ever being spoken again. You sir are correct. cant fix stupid i guess

I'm not your friend.

EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:46:41 PM#93

Yet you call it a waste.

In any event, did you know someone built an ASCII word processor in Minecraft?  You could say they have imagination, drive, excellent planning skills, and all sorts of qualities that could translate into the real world.  There are hundreds of amazing things done in Minecraft.

It's a waste they don't actually translate them into the real world. ;)

EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:47:25 PM#94

Yup your right, there is no fun in that game at all. we should bang it from being spoken again. You sir are correct. cant fix stupid i guess

I like how opinion quickly becomes "stupid" I should have seen that coming from the beer/chainsaw.

kadepsyson

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:47:26 PM#95

Yup your right, there is no fun in that game at all. we should bang it from being spoken again. You sir are correct. cant fix stupid i guess

Hey now that isn't true.  If you want to educate and improve someone's thinking...

Have them play Minecraft!

El Psy Congroo

kadepsyson

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:49:03 PM#96

Yet you call it a waste.

Ah, I see you've met every person who has played Minecraft and are an expert in education who could probably start advising multiple countries how to better run their schools.

Sorry,  I had thought you were just out of touch at first.  My mistake ;)

El Psy Congroo

laokoko

Apprentice Member

1/24/13 8:49:32 PM#97

Minecraft shows people rather play lego than mmorpg.  MMORPG is overated.

EccentricPenguin

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:49:40 PM#98

Yet you call it a waste.

Ah, I see you've met every person who has played Minecraft and are an expert in education who could probably start advising multiple countries how to better run their schools.

Sorry,  I had thought you were just out of touch at first.  My mistake ;)

No problem, everyone makes mistakes.

Bruise187

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:49:52 PM#99

Hey now that isn't true.  If you want to educate and improve someone's thinking...

Have them play Minecraft!

He already pretty much said he would rather die than play it so let em be

I'm not your friend.

kadepsyson

Novice Member

1/24/13 8:52:50 PM#100

Sometimes I wonder if early conversations between cavemen went like this thread has.

One saying to the other something like "don't play with rocks, they're useless to us"

Then when the other uses the rocks to make the first campfire....

Now today, people are saying no point in learning "city planning, environmental awareness, preparing for the future and completing goals."

I just shrug, and make fire ;)

El Psy Congroo

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search