Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,808 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,341
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » The most beautiful world

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search
174 posts found
  berlight

Novice Member

2/12/13 6:18:32 AM#161

Try Tera it went f2p, secret world is a nice option, probably the best in terms of environment and graphics, shame that the animations is not on the same level, you spend most of the time running with your arms open...

I played Wow for 6yrs, ofcourse is engaging and addictive but if you ask me what i advice you to play probably i woulndt say WoW.

Rift is probably one of the best options you have out there.

Beta tester maniac

Emrendil

Spotlight Poster

2/12/13 3:38:01 PM#162
So far for me it's Guild Wars 2 and Lord of the Rings Online.
  User Deleted

OP  2/13/13 6:02:36 AM#163
Originally posted by berlight

Try Tera it went f2p, secret world is a nice option, probably the best in terms of environment and graphics, shame that the animations is not on the same level, you spend most of the time running with your arms open...

I played Wow for 6yrs, ofcourse is engaging and addictive but if you ask me what i advice you to play probably i woulndt say WoW.

Rift is probably one of the best options you have out there.

I have tried to play Tera, but this is the irony: I live in a place that's blocked, so I they won't let me download the English client. 

I like TSW for different reasons. It's a fun game in many respects and quite interesting, but I find the horror theme not to be "beautiful." 

So far, among the games I can play, I agree with a lot of people that LOTRO is nice as well as relaxing. I don't care about graphics so much as I do about wide open worlds. That probably the reason I've also subbed to Vanguard. So far that's the best world I can access in mmorpgs since Agon closed down with Darkfall Online.

I haven't really enjoyed my time in the DFUW beta, so I don't know how Agon looks now or if it's as wide open as it used to be. How is Agon now, by the way? Is it still big, beautiful, and explorable? 

And Rift is beautiful. I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I reallly like the art style. The mob density seems really high from what I remember. I think fishing has been a great addition.

Purutzil

Advanced Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

2/13/13 6:06:04 AM#164
Depends on your tastes. I recomend Tera Online. If theres 2 things it got incredibly right it is the combat. and the graphics. It has some very pretty zones, specially the further you get in the game.
  Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

2/13/13 7:12:46 AM#165

I honestly do not like the way most MMOs look on "maxed" settings. Nearly always end up backing them back off, voluntarily.

I know, I am a traitor to the graphics card salesmen's cause.

Filtering to soften the edges, maybe some gamma adjustment for black point (often far too dark by default). Y'all can keep your Bloom and Particles.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

corpusc

Novice Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

2/28/13 1:53:52 AM#166
Originally posted by PWN_FACE

I haven't really enjoyed my time in the DFUW beta, so I don't know how Agon looks now or if it's as wide open as it used to be. How is Agon now, by the way? Is it still big, beautiful, and explorable? 

yes, but they did shrink the world a bit.  maybe by %10-%15?

in the shrinking process, parts have been re-arranged too.  

and some things are recognizeable but changed.

they removed each races outpost towns, and completely redid each races 4 starter cities.  alfar and mirdain cities are gone atm, because they are still revamping them.  most look completely different, but some are fancier remixes of the old designs.

you can explore all the cities with one character now, as there are no more racial enemies.

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

CalmOceans

Hard Core Member

2/28/13 4:52:15 AM#167

Easily Vanguard.

It provides you with a huge wide-open world where you can go anywhere you want and you can relax and just sit somewhere in the wide-open world. Vanguard is really a great game, it's a shame that technical issues held it back.

There is something about Vanguard that makes it feel like you're part of the world, that it's living and breathing.

EQ is sort of like that, but WoW, Tera and GW are nothing like that, there are very few games that let you do basically anything you want without attaching a string on your back like WoW does.

EQ let you be free, Vanguard took it one step further by removing any loading and you're dropped into this huge living world.

Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

2/28/13 5:13:26 AM#168

Age of Conan is just stunning visually.

So is GW2 in different ways - but you can keep the manga-influenced cutesy technomagic schlock.

Zeref.Dyver

Novice Member

3/01/13 6:16:11 PM#169

I like having a game where I don't have to kill all the time. I have Chivalry when I want my pvp  and I want it bloody. I have a lot of games for pvp. But I really want something where I can just relax, do some fishing, gathering, taking in the sites, hunting when I feeling like farming or grinding something. 

WoW was fun for a couple of years. I leveled really slowly and enjoyed doing all the stuff you could do in Azeroth. But I'm done there now. I think Rift's Telara is an attactive world, as well, and I like that they have fishing.  

What is the most beautiful mmorpg world you can actually go out and enjoy without having to fight all the time? Is there fishing, etc?

I think your idea games would be FFXI, and perhaps FFXIV: A Realm Reborn when it comes out, if it is done right.

FFXI is a very beautiful (especially for it's age, it's been around for over a decade) and social game. You can do a lot more than just fight and the systems revolving around crafting, gathering, fishing etc. are quite extensive. I would give it a try, I actually just went back to FFXI myself after not playing for 3 years. I am starting completely over. I played for 7 years before, it seems I just can't get enough of it.

Also, the community is excellent, or at least it was when I played. I haven't been back long enough to say if it still is, but I will say that I was very surprised that the populations are still very strong.

maji

Spotlight Poster

3/01/13 6:21:41 PM#170

I like the Fallen Earth graphics.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

aspekx

Novice Member

3/01/13 7:03:24 PM#171
Originally posted by CalmOceans

Easily Vanguard.

It provides you with a huge wide-open world where you can go anywhere you want and you can relax and just sit somewhere in the wide-open world. Vanguard is really a great game, it's a shame that technical issues held it back.

There is something about Vanguard that makes it feel like you're part of the world, that it's living and breathing.

EQ is sort of like that, but WoW, Tera and GW are nothing like that, there are very few games that let you do basically anything you want without attaching a string on your back like WoW does.

EQ let you be free, Vanguard took it one step further by removing any loading and you're dropped into this huge living world.

^this.

even with its age its still one of the better looking games out there. and it has a robust crafting and diplomacy system.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

tupodawg999

Novice Member

3/01/13 8:15:33 PM#172

But I really want something where I can just relax, do some fishing, gathering, taking in the sites, hunting when I feeling like farming or grinding something. 

What is the most beautiful mmorpg world you can actually go out and enjoy without having to fight all the time? Is there fishing, etc?

I have times when i want to play like this and i'd disagree with most of  the suggestions that have been given because although the games mentioned are beautiful the mob density and placement prevents you running around.

Even though they're very much *not* the most beautiful by a long way i've actually had more satisfaction from that kind of game-play in the older games like EQ and Asheron's Call.

In Asheron's Call if you put enough points into your run skill to outrun the landsharks you could just pick a direction and keep running for ages. EQ had the same mob density problem as most games but with a druid or ranger with sow and camo you could run all over the place without being bothered most of the time plus different zones had different fish and there were even some fishing quests iirc. I used to do that, run off somewhere remote, fish and raise my cooking skill. Enchanters were ok for this too as they had illusion spells to change their race so guards didn't attack them but personally i found druid/ranger best.

So perhaps your question ought to be what game has both a beautiful world *and* a class which allows you to *avoid* mobs?

(I bought but never played Vanguard as i couldn't get it to run but given the design behind it i wouldn't be at all surprised if this was the best answer to that modified question although some of the newer asian games like archage and wushu sound like they may be heading in a similar direction.)

Duilyon

Novice Member

Yes, now please welcome Vlad Vlad.

3/01/13 11:56:39 PM#173

Recently my friends and I started playing Vanguard and we have found exactly this. We bought a boat and sometimes just wander around fishing and exploring.

One of the first MMOs where I don't feel rushed to end game. Log on, explore, craft maybe and perhaps do some diplomacy to learn the lore.

It is f2p so should try it out! 

Dauzqul

Spotlight Poster

3/02/13 1:23:25 AM#174
Vanguard for sure.
9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search