Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,589 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,030
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » The most beautiful world

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
174 posts found
  FromHell

Novice Member

2/04/13 4:46:35 AM#101
Originally posted by PWN_FACE

A lot of people have mentioned AoC. I only saw the world before the Rise of the Godslayer expansion. It was a nice world then, but it didn't seem that big with the instancing between zones. Maybe I just don't remember it well. Maybe the expansion zones were bigger?

How did Rise of the Godslayer add to the world of AoC? Is it more beautiful and expansive than the world at launch?

EDIT: I just checked out some screenshots of Kitai and they look pretty amazing.

here are some of  my screenshots from the launch regions, just uploaded a bunch of pics I took on my new character. The ones with the asian looking buildings are from Kithai expansion. Haven´t hit the new Savage Coast of Turan and Dragon Spine content yet, but looking from the trailers they cranked up the details again

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

User Deleted

OP  2/04/13 4:50:55 AM#102
Thanks for posting the nice shots. I especially like some of the character models ;)
  Zzad

Hard Core Member

2/04/13 5:02:43 AM#103

GW2 has the most beautiful world by a long shot in my opinion.

I´ve never seen so much detail before! It feels "alive" !

Mesfenlir

Apprentice Member

La ignorancia es atrevida - Ignorance is bold.

2/04/13 5:18:01 AM#104
Tera-Conan- Lotro
  Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

2/04/13 5:21:30 AM#105
LOTRO , no question

User Deleted
2/04/13 5:44:56 AM#106
Originally posted by Theely
I was actually surprised at how well LOTRO looks when you crank everything up. They must have updated the graphics since launch? No way it looked that good on release.

They need to update the character / monster models though. They are looking very dated, in fact they looked dated at launch.

faxnadu

Novice Member

2/04/13 5:56:11 AM#107
Originally posted by Lobotomist
LOTRO , no question

i would like to know where you based your opinion sir? from launch or current state? if you can prove me the ground has grass and trees and bushes are not popping up with ultra setting then im wrong but my last visit month ago it was horrbiel what comes to graphics wise , seems like turbine have cut down the candy in order to make it run smoother for low spec players with low spec machines.

vladww

Novice Member

There are 3 kinds of people - those who can count, and those who can''t.

2/04/13 6:02:08 AM#108

-- Ryzom --

Pure ART

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

sportsfan

Advanced Member

2/04/13 6:53:20 AM#109

Azeroth.

Without a doubt as it is technically the most advanced open world with the most animated critters and you can BE there.

From epic dragons to personal flying mount systems that broke the small zoning worlds of other MMO's.

Playing GW2 in contrast is jumping through hoops with loading screens.

GW2 is disgusting for a 2012 designed world.

Azeroth is a world. GW2 is a bunch of sewed together loading screens giving access to closed bordered zones.

GW2 is 3 steps back in open world MMORPG design.

One step by not even having a mount or wagon system. Another stop for making ALL zones closed bordered and the final step by lack of ANY form of seamless travel.

Just a cheap way to produce things.

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

2/04/13 7:21:44 AM#110

GW2 wins this trophy for me, easy. In no other game I've just stood in awe and wondered the sights. Which is funny because it's nowhere as pretty as Skyrim with mods. Guess it just tells me something about the graphical state of MMOs more than anything.

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

2/04/13 7:24:20 AM#111
Originally posted by sportsfan

Azeroth.

Without a doubt as it is technically the most advanced open world with the most animated critters and you can BE there.

From epic dragons to personal flying mount systems that broke the small zoning worlds of other MMO's.

Playing GW2 in contrast is jumping through hoops with loading screens.

GW2 is disgusting for a 2012 designed world.

Azeroth is a world. GW2 is a bunch of sewed together loading screens giving access to closed bordered zones.

GW2 is 3 steps back in open world MMORPG design.

One step by not even having a mount or wagon system. Another stop for making ALL zones closed bordered and the final step by lack of ANY form of seamless travel.

Just a cheap way to produce things.

I agree that Azeroth in its seamless design is a feat that I still wonder no one has been able to replicate. Unfortunately the graphics are showing their age. Here's hoping Blizzard will amaze us again with Titan, some time in the future.

CultOfXtc

Hard Core Member

2/04/13 7:39:39 AM#112
Best GFX without a doubt are TSW (if your PC can crank it up - if you don't agre you have a high enough spec PC) but the OP question was World I don't think TSW really counts due to the horror aspect and the OP wanted an large open world.  for me only LotRo has that vast open tracks of land that fels like a world.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

spoonone

Advanced Member

2/04/13 8:00:25 AM#113
I thought Norrath was most beautiful world I seen when I first played EQ back in 99.  All the games I played before EQ was Diablo, StarCraft and UO.
  udon

Hard Core Member

2/04/13 8:05:55 AM#114
There is more to a beautiful world than graphic quaility.  LOTR's and EVE have some of the most stunning views I have seen in any game.  EQ2, TSW, GW2, Terra and RIfts views seem more closed in to me even though all those games look good in their own right.
  Goatgod76

Novice Member

2/04/13 9:56:05 AM#115
Just based on world...from personal experience...Rift.
  azzamasin

Hard Core Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

2/04/13 9:58:20 AM#116
Originally posted by PWN_FACE

I like having a game where I don't have to kill all the time. I have Chivalry when I want my pvp  and I want it bloody. I have a lot of games for pvp. But I really want something where I can just relax, do some fishing, gathering, taking in the sites, hunting when I feeling like farming or grinding something. 

WoW was fun for a couple of years. I leveled really slowly and enjoyed doing all the stuff you could do in Azeroth. But I'm done there now. I think Rift's Telara is an attactive world, as well, and I like that they have fishing.  

What is the most beautiful mmorpg world you can actually go out and enjoy without having to fight all the time? Is there fishing, etc?

I dont understand what the point of playing a game wiithout having to fight.  I suppose its why I like themeparks so much.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Alber_gamer

Advanced Member

2/04/13 9:58:33 AM#117
Aion, TSW and TERA.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Adokas

Novice Member

2/04/13 10:02:29 AM#118
I really liked Lineage II's world. Thought it seemed so grand and huge! Also really love LotRO's!
  pinktailz

Novice Member

2/04/13 10:08:44 AM#119
Lotro lol? I remember i played for about half hour and understood that i cant play game with so primitive graphics, it is like lineage 2
  sparr

Apprentice Member

2/04/13 10:15:44 AM#120

RODE, Rise of Dragonian Era .....Im not much for FTP games.. but i like to grind..and i like the holy trinity, where you need healers and tanks to do dungeons..

I read about this game from someones post here..it has fishing,,,lots of quests...dungeons and even Dragons...yes Dragons ..you start by get and egg and a relic..and you hunt with them to build loyalty...and you then combine those to hatch the egg into a dragon hatchling.

It take alot of time and grinding to raise your dragon to a full size dragon you can use to fight and fly with him....you feed him armor and weapons that you get from npcs to help him  grow..i would try it out if you like so many dif things to do in a game.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search