Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,606 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,200
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Anyone else that is sick of MMOexposed threads?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
31 posts found
  Torgrim

Spotlight Poster

OP  12/22/12 6:13:05 PM#1

It has to be stopped now, MMOExpoded just makes threads just for the sake of it  and I have no idea why on earth he can have the title spotlite poster when most of his threads are garbage.

Latest thread he created he sead basicly Darkfall and Planetside 2 are the same "sandbox" game and this is so called spotlightposter, really mmorpg?

I'm so close to just delete my account.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

StonesDK

Hard Core Member

12/22/12 6:15:50 PM#2

Whatever makes you feel better. I personally find deleting of  ones account pointless, since you can just not visit the place anymore if that's what you wish. Unless you want to make a "statement" then let me be the first to break it to you. Nobody cares about it, let alone this site

Why not just do what I do. Block people that rarely has a point in anything they have to say. There are a a lot of smart posters with relevant views even with opposite views of your own. Blocking is just a better way to sort through the rabble

Torgrim

Spotlight Poster

OP  12/22/12 6:17:51 PM#3
Originally posted by Starpower
Whatever makes you feel better. I personally find deleting of  ones account pointless, since you can just not visit the place anymore if that's what you wish. Unless you want to make a "statement" then let me be the first to break it to you. Nobody cares about it, let alone this site

You kinda missed the point, no worries.

StonesDK

Hard Core Member

12/22/12 6:20:42 PM#4
Originally posted by Torgrim

No i think I have a pretty good grasp of it.

You seem to care about titles underneath a posters name for whatever reason. You also seem to care about a particular posters threads. Far from me to tell you what you should or shouldn't care about but you can avoid both

You just choose to make an issue of it. Probably from having too much time on your hands

Torgrim

Spotlight Poster

OP  12/22/12 6:22:51 PM#5

No i think I have a pretty good grasp of it.

You seem to care about titles underneath a posters name for whatever reason. You also seem to care about a particular posters threads. Far from me to tell you what you should or shouldn't care about but you can avoid both

You just choose to make an issue of it. Probably from having too much time on your hands

You still missing the point.

Castillle

Forum Bunny

12/22/12 6:25:27 PM#6
Mmoexposed threads have always been like that since as far as i remember.

If you dont like it just block him or something. O.o even if they usually have some over the top logic with them it tends tocause people to post a lot and they make fun reads.

U no hefta be so mean :(

Also spotlight poster is given to people who get their thread put in the spotlight thingie on top of the pub.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Tuchaka

Apprentice Member

12/22/12 6:26:01 PM#7
If i stoped to complain about 'what i really think about a lot of posters' i would never be able to stop. It's a fulltime job, and the worst job ever , which is why i would suggest just letting it go, it's not like you know each other in real life he is just some guy who posts, hardly anything to get concerned about.
  StonesDK

Hard Core Member

12/22/12 6:27:02 PM#8
Originally posted by Castillle
Mmoexposed threads have always been like that since as far as i remember.

If you dont like it just block him or something. O.o even if they usually have some over the top logic with them it tends tocause people to post a lot and they make fun reads.

U no hefta be so mean :(

Also spotlight poster is given to people who get their thread put in the spotlight thingie on top of the pub.

Shhh! you are missing "the point"

Karteli

Apprentice Member

12/22/12 6:32:19 PM#9

This thread can only end well .. right?   ...... right?

MMOExposed offers a little bit of sanity for everyone.  While I don't agree with everything said, it is understood that whatever he/she says is opinionated .. and worthy of agreeing or disagreeing.

L2-OpEd.

btw chastising another community member of MMORPG.com is against the rules, let alone creating a thread about it :P

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

User Deleted
12/22/12 6:32:55 PM#10

If MMOExposed gets people this riled up, even going as far as blocking him then my guess is he´s earned his title. I can't remember ever seeing him use personal attacks.

Isn´t this libel by the way?

VengeSunsoar

Hard Core Member

Be Brief, Be Bright... Be Gone.

12/22/12 6:38:26 PM#11
Block doesn't seem to work, all I can do is block a user's single post not the whole user for some reason.

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

CalmOceans

Hard Core Member

12/22/12 6:39:40 PM#12
I don't mind really, his threads get a discussion going usually.
  User Deleted
12/22/12 6:41:47 PM#13
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Originally posted by NBlitz

If MMOExposed gets people this riled up, even going as far as blocking him then my guess is he´s earned his title. I can't remember ever seeing him use personal attacks.

Isn´t this slander by the way?

Slander is spoken. Technically this is in print, so it would be libel.

I'll remember this from now on, thanks 

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

12/22/12 6:42:45 PM#14

It has to be stopped now, MMOExpoded just makes threads just for the sake of it  and I have no idea why on earth he can have the title spotlite poster when most of his threads are garbage.

Latest thread he created he sead basicly Darkfall and Planetside 2 are the same "sandbox" game and this is so called spotlightposter, really mmorpg?

/shrug... he posts, like most here, to get a reaction...

seems like it's working for him.

cronius77

Advanced Member

12/22/12 6:52:54 PM#15

i dont get threads like this esepcially from someone who has to diss anyone that dissed guild wars 2 in the past. No one in the past calls for your posts to be deleted when you go ape crazy over someone bashing guild wars 2 in the past. People have opinions and you nor myself will ever agree with every single one of them. It doesnt mean that poster should be censored because you do not like what he has to say , thats severely immature at the highest degree.

Ive never read a thread yet he posts that he bashes anyone in the community or calls them stupid

Even though you do not agree with him doesnt mean that others dont.

Drakynn

Novice Member

12/22/12 6:56:00 PM#16

I think the OP needs to grow a thicker skin if they want to survive teh internetz.Seriously I don't agree with what soemtimes seems like the vast majority of posters here and do think that soem of the threads created are pointless and baseless but I've never once thought about deleting my account here.

Add to that this is a public forum and people can post their opinions no matter how wrong,factually challenged,incoherent and/or pointless I think they may be,as long as they don't break any of MMORPG.com rules.

Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

12/22/12 6:56:52 PM#17

Honestly, who put you in charge of policing spotlight posters? Only thing the title means is at some point a reg poster has made a topic that has sparked a healthy debate worthy of notice. It falls squarely on the opinion of those that run this site. Not you nor me. I mean haven't you heard the saying every dog has his day? Any poster is prone to having a good day, even if it's only one.

And on the topic of spoitlight posters getting a little more breathing room than regualr posters, I think not. It's like putting a neon light on a tuna in a ocean full of moderating sharks, who you think they'll notice first? Yeah, exactly...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

Tomorrow's just a future yesterday...

12/22/12 7:01:51 PM#18

Face it. Start enough threads and eventually one may become a Spotlight Post. The more threads started, the better the chance.

As for the rest, do whatever you feel you need to do. I tend to ignore his threads. They do seem to get "discussions" (word roughly used in this case) going, don't they?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Karteli

Apprentice Member

12/22/12 7:02:59 PM#19
Originally posted by Ramonski7

Honestly, who put you in charge of policing spotlight posters? Only thing the title means is at some point a reg poster has made a topic that has sparked a healthy debate worthy of notice. It falls squarely on the opinion of those that run this site. Not you nor me. I mean haven't you heard the saying every dog has his day? Any poster is prone to having a good day, even if it's only one.

And on the topic of spoitlight posters getting a little more breathing room than regualr posters, I think not. It's like putting a neon light on a tuna in a ocean full of moderating sharks, who you think they'll notice first? Yeah, exactly...

The difference is that [any poster] is not allowed to directly criticize another poster.

Posts are largely based on opinion, unless quotes for the source is provided.  If anyone sees anything more, then that it on them, not the MMORPG.com community.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

fascism

Advanced Member

12/22/12 7:05:37 PM#20
Who?
2 Pages 1 2 » Search