Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Albion Online | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,124 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,425
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Best MMORPG you've never played

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
46 posts found
  Sevenstar61

Advanced Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

12/20/12 4:13:06 PM#21

GW2 which I know I won't play  and I regret that I did not try to go past first 1 hour of SWG.

I am going to try TSW though... in small doses LOL

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

superniceguy

Apprentice Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

12/20/12 4:27:04 PM#22
Originally posted by maplestone
Given how much nostalgia people have for it, I'm curious what the harvesting/crafting in SWG felt like in practice ... there's only so far my imagination can extrapolate from reading old documentation and I'm still not completely sold on it from the raw theory.

There were many ways to harvest. For minerals you took a survey device, and scanned for the highest percentage, and then drive around until you find it, and then drop a harvestor into the world, fill it up with maintenance and power, then go off and do other things, come back in a couple of days empty it out and if the resource had dried up either select another resource or pack it up. If the maintenance ran out which ticks down in real time, the harvestor would show smoke, then fire, then vanish. If the power ran out it would just stop working. There were various different harvestors for the varying resources and different sizes, also the quality of the harvestors affected extraction rate too

Here are a couple of Heavy Mineral Mining Installations I placed into the world

The resources also had varying quality stats, so even if you find a resource you want, it may not be good enough, and then have to wait  a few weeks for a better spawn

From creatures, you could harvest meat, bone, hide and milk from females. You could search lairs for eggs

It required a lot of time and dedication, and some servers had better resources than others. If you get addicted to the crafting this was enough to keep you subbing, I will get the best resource soon.

The crafting was quite complex, and had to stand in front of a crafting station, and pick outr your best resources. Copper is best for conductivity and steel is best for shock resistance and unit toughness

Zyzra

Novice Member

OP  12/20/12 4:31:36 PM#23

Thanks for posting that, superniceguy.  It was an interesting read, and I had forgotten or never really known about a lot of that.

free2play

Advanced Member

12/21/12 1:41:41 AM#24

World of Warcraft

I've never tried to claim that 10 million people are wrong, it's the flagship MMO of the industry as far as success. I just never played it. Trial twice, I couldn't get in to it.

Snikz

Novice Member

12/21/12 1:46:05 AM#25
Best MMO ever released is DAOC by several miles.... That is the game i had the most fun in best RvR/PvP mmo ever made
  Adamantine

Advanced Member

War is not the ultima ratio, but the ultima irratio - Willy Brandt

12/21/12 4:07:45 AM#26

Vanguard, Saga of Heroes -

Great graphics (*), huge gameworld, awesome classes and combat system, and really tough and wellmade raids.

(*) Yeah its no longer new, but it still is breathtaking quality, especially the realistic viewing distances.

lqw6843128

Apprentice Member

12/21/12 4:12:32 AM#27

EVE

Reason: I don't like the setting (sci-fi).

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/21/12 4:46:39 AM#28
From what I hear, one of these

Uo, lineage2, shadowbane
  Rydeson

Advanced Member

12/21/12 4:50:12 AM#29

EverQuest, SWG and GW2

But GW2 is starting to rub me the wrong way with their changes..

Wicoa

Elite Member

12/21/12 4:51:36 AM#30

Dark age of camelot

When it was popular pre-toa.

<sadpanda>

dave6660

Hard Core Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

12/21/12 8:25:44 AM#31
Dark Age of Camelot.  During that era I was working during the day and going to grad school at night.  It left me no time for hobbies.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

12/21/12 8:30:50 AM#32
Originally posted by Arglebargle
What's the smartest thought I never had?

I want doughnut cereal today mmmm

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

WhiteLantern

Novice Member

12/21/12 8:35:19 AM#33
Hmmmm, only one that I can think of is FFXI. Always wanted to give it a go.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

niceguy3978

Advanced Member

12/21/12 8:36:10 AM#34
Originally posted by Theocritus
Originally posted by Wolfenpride
Ultima online, didn't get into MMO's until EQ.

Hahaha dont let the people here fool you...UO was a disaster until Trammel came along...Before that people jsut lie in wait outside the gates of Brittain and ganked everybody.....It was a brutal game that only appealed to a few.....ALot of us were thrilled when EQ came along and gave us a real game to play.

Yeah, I stuck it out mainly because I didn't know any other mmos existed at the time.  When EQ came out, I jumped as fast and as far as I could.

apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

12/21/12 8:36:54 AM#35
Originally posted by Snikz
Best MMO ever released is DAOC by several miles.... That is the game i had the most fun in best RvR/PvP mmo ever made

but did you play it?  if yes,   check the thread title a little closer :)

Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

12/21/12 8:37:43 AM#36
Originally posted by Zyzra

There are a lot of choices when it comes to picking MMORPGs to play.  Some appeal to each individual more than others, and people of course have genre specific preferences too.

So my question is, what is the best MMORPG that is released that you have never played?

A game you've heard about constantly, but perhaps is a different genre than you enjoy, or has a feature you can't stand.

silly question.

how could i know it's among the best mmos if i never played it . i dont judge "good" or "best" according to what other people say. it's MY opinion that matters. so... sorry, if i didn't play it, i can't comment on it.

next question.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

User Deleted
12/21/12 8:40:35 AM#37

My list:  DAOC (pre expansions), SWG (pre-rework) and MxO.

nakki

Novice Member

12/21/12 9:15:36 AM#38

Dark age of camelot, Asheron's call, GW2, SWTOR, SWG, EQ

Out of these I wish I had played dark age of camelot, asheron's call and SWG as I most certainly would have enjoyed them. SWG was the only game I knew before it was released. Information about the rest of the game existing just never reached to me.

SWTOR and GW2 kinda feel boring and something that i've done over and over again already in world of warcraft. I guess nobody thinks these are the greatest games ever but I don't think I would have lasted over 10 minutes in them even if I had bought them at the release.

EQ is extremely hyped but doesn't feel like a game for my taste. I believe there was hardly any pvp in it. I mean the game shined brightest during the UO era, so thank god I did not even try it and waste my time as there were much better games available for me back then.

User Deleted
12/21/12 9:18:56 AM#39
Originally posted by nakki

EG is extremely hyped but doesn't feel like a game for my taste.

What is EG?   Not one I recognise.

apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

12/21/12 10:14:22 AM#40
Originally posted by XAPGames

My list:  DAOC (pre expansions), SWG (pre-rework) and MxO.

Ooo thanks X..  The one game I never got around to trying but wanted too.. Matrix ONline.  I totally forgot about it. 

I think Nak means EQ :)

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search