Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Swordsman

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,579 Users Online:0
Games:721  Posts:6,188,857
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Poll: Most hated MMORPG

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
166 posts found
  Gorwe

Elite Member

12/07/12 7:03:16 AM#21

Warhammer Online. Why?

1. They are wasting IP. And doing nothing(or close to it anyhow) meaningful to improve it. They even slandered it with whole Dwarfs+Skaven fiasco.

2. They are wasting Warhammer RPG IP. Just think of wild possibilities! Skyrim in Warhammer? YES PLEASE!!! Instead we have this mediocre garbage.

3. They are wasting Warhammer MMO IP. Again, the possibilities are astonishing. Think of a hybrid of GW 2 and TES! LOLZ! And now we have DAoC 1.5-sad isn't it?

Honourable mention: WoW-I wonder if WAR would even fail if there was no WoW. Anyhow it sucks and I can't play it past level 23-that's how boring it is(and I Like PvE-WAAAY more than PvP) and because it is progenitor of a failed genre(not to mention kiddie's GFX).

Ice-Queen

Apprentice Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

12/07/12 7:04:49 AM#22
I don't hate on any mmo, but the two most disappointing mmo's for me were Warhammer Online and SWTOR.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Renoaku

Advanced Member

12/07/12 7:12:29 AM#23

I would have to say my worst experience so far would be.

1. Fallen Earth

Because Gamers First GM's do nothing about in game harassment from their clan friends, even after spending like $300 or so in their game within a couple of months its pretty pathetic the GM says they look into it they do nothing I make one comment thats not really racist but a fact I get I think it was a 3 day ban from the clan who kept harassing me because their members QQ to their GM friends.

2. Would be League OF Legends, Horriable Community, and GM experience.

3. Would be Tera, because of their failure to launch the game properly stealing other peoples ideas with the cosmetic shop, charging extra moeny to recustomize when I thoguht as a subscriber id get this for FREE like in Rift, or DarkFall/EVE online.

All the other MMO Companies like, Gamers First, Nexon, PWI, they are just a bunch of inexperienced gaming companies trying to milk cows for their buck they really don't care about you or what you think they acre about MONE. They  just care to keep people there for a week or so they spend some money they are happy they leave after they get bored some stay others like me GO it depends on the person, but I really can't stand the F2P genere, and GW2 has been the longest F2P game I have actually stayed in so far besides a couple of old MMO titles.

FromHell

Novice Member

12/07/12 7:17:21 AM#24

GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

btw, AoC is great at its current state with the expansions and all. Too bad people don´t check it out because it didn´t have 2 gigatons of content at release. Still the most beautiful MMO out there imho, and much more RPG than any other current medieval fantasy MMO

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

botrytis

Advanced Member

12/07/12 7:20:37 AM#25
Originally posted by FromHell
GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

I like GW2 BECAUSE it DOESN'T have  the Trinity - no more waiting for a healer, etc. What an awlful idea the trinity really was.

I dislike GW2 mostly because of the haters on this site.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

Maelwydd

Elite Member

12/07/12 7:26:59 AM#26

WOW.

It isn't a bad game, it is very polished, has loads of content, good story...in fact everything about the game is well made.

But I found the game very boring despite how well made it was. But that isn't why it gets my vote.

The problem is it has more or less destroyed any creativity or artistic freedom in the industry and brought in 'money men' to run things who don't seem to actually have a clue what people want, what gaming is all about or how to actually make a fun and sustainable game.

superniceguy

Apprentice Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

12/07/12 7:31:39 AM#27

SWTOR only because it is more of a single player game with co-op / multiplayer options TRYING to be a MMORPG

If it was on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well or just regarded as a single player game with multiplayer without a monthly fee and brought DLC frequently then I would not hate it, as a game in its own way it is OK, but it is completely pathetic as a MMORPG

grimal

Spotlight Poster

12/07/12 7:35:30 AM#28
Originally posted by superniceguy

SWTOR only because it is more of a single player game with co-op / multiplayer options TRYING to be a MMORPG

If it was on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well or just regarded as a single player game with multiplayer without a monthly fee and brought DLC frequently then I would not hate it, as a game in its own way it is OK, but it is completely pathetic as a MMORPG

Yet you feel compelled to constantly post in their forums.  Why do you think that is?

Release a game with a very large established fanbase from 10+ years of bnet history when the market was still emerging and the casual base had not yet been established, thus ripe for harvesting a momentious self perpetuating playerbase people never leave because they have X hours invested in their characters, and their friends and everyone else plays anyway. Not discounting Blizzard quality... but WoW's success is as much about perfect timing as it is quality, if not more so. - Derros

FromHell

Novice Member

12/07/12 7:38:12 AM#29
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by FromHell

I like GW2 BECAUSE it DOESN'T have  the Trinity - no more waiting for a healer, etc. What an awlful idea the trinity really was.

yeah yeah yeah no waiting, no hazzle, instant gratification, casual, more casual, no effort, no point in socializing, no strategy. Recipe to make a killer hit MMO. Bleh

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

sanshi44

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 7:46:04 AM#30

Everquest (one) is the best one on the list imo,

WoW is the most hated one for me, It just ruined the genre imo. (i feel sry for all those guys out there who started playing with WoW because they missed the golden age of MMORPGs)

Nibs

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 7:57:53 AM#31

WoW. Hands down, WoW.

I hate what WoW has done to the genre and what it has done to developer/publisher/investor expectations for what constitutes a 'successfull' game.

Surely if you turn a profit then you are successfull? You don't need millions of subs for that to happen.

Don't get me wrong though, WoW has also greatly improved the genre in a number of areas. I just feel that the harm it has done outweighs those improvements.

meddyck

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 8:06:04 AM#32
Definitely WOW even though I barely played it. But it's influence on the genre has been terrible. We have Ascended gear in GW 2 thanks to WOW for instance. Seemingly every developer thinks that copying WOW's gear treadmill and raid-to-you-die philosophy is the way to riches. That's why I hate it.

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

Kaneth

Elite Member

12/07/12 8:25:06 AM#33

In general, I don't hate games but can be disappointed in them. What I hate though is the pointless and shameless copying of WoW that nearly every other mmo developer has done for the past several years. It's astonishing to think that after the first wave of WoW clones failed, that even more would continue to copy and expect success.

I will say that the superhero genre has been very disappointing in the mmospace though.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 8:25:12 AM#34
Swtor for me its just so hideously cynical

"we've got this star wars ip, if we copy world of warcraft (badly) and make it star warsy we will have 15 million subs lining our coffers every month"
  Caldrin

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 8:27:40 AM#35

I was thinking its a toss up between WOW and SWTOR and i was right LOL..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

WellzyC

Novice Member

Ceaseless

12/07/12 8:30:06 AM#36

how does star wars not win!!!

that game is the poster child of what an mmo should never have or be!!!!!

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, Linear Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Trudge34

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 9:33:04 AM#37
In agreement with most of the people who posted before me. It's not really WoW that I hate, although I tried and didn't care for it, it's what it's influenced in the genre. The big instancing, linear themepark games that have come out since have just been garbage and not worthy of my time at all. I don't think anyone should really put ToR down because that may be the best thing to happen to the genre in years. Think the failure to retain subs in that game will be the changing of the tide in giving us more open games and worlds again. I don't mind themeparks, but I don't like themeparks that are on rails. They need to have enough systems and incentive enough (might I say *gasp, forced!) grouping to require player interdependibility.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
80 Sylvari Ranger

L0C0Man

Advanced Member

12/07/12 10:00:16 AM#38

I think hate is too strong of a word, I'd clasify it more as contempt... and my vote goes to City of Heroes since it's really the only MMO I've ever felt that for, even if it was for a little while.

And now a little explanation. I never played CoH other than toying with the character creation and few steps into the game after it went F2P, however my contempt for it happened long before that, and was over it for a long time by then. It was mainly because of an online friend, very nice guy but he was a heavy roleplayer and took his online gaming VERY seriously. He already had a grudge against WoW because aparently when it came out his first super group in CoH disbanded when most of the members left the game for WoW... and it happened that lots of us in the IRC channel started playing WoW including someone that had worked in the comic book business long time ago and that he got to try CoH first and went to play WoW instead...

Anytime anyone even mentioned the word WoW and he was online it was his cue to go on long rants about how much it sucks, how you can't properly role play on it, how much better CoH was and so on, it really put me off that game even before ever playing it at all.

Second runner up would be Age of Conan, not much contempt but dissapointment instead for how much potential it had, and how buggy and incomplete it was when released. Didn't hold any grudge against it, though, even came back after it went F2P and played for a few months and had lots of fun on it as well.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

ignore_me

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 11:06:56 AM#39
SWTOR: It took the WoW dumbing down and coupled that with a product so devoid of content that it sank like a stone. All to the detriment of the MMORPG universe.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

DavisFlight

Advanced Member

12/07/12 11:10:46 AM#40
Originally posted by Axehandle
Originally posted by DavisFlight
Originally posted by Axehandle
This poll tells me something thus far. It's that rift is not a bad game apparently.

No, it tells you that its not the worst game. It's a clone of the worst game. Most of the MMOs on this list aren't very good so...

To be the best out of the most popular titles in the eyes of the highly critical mmo community is not a bad thing my friend.

Er, most of that list is of the most hated titles...

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search