Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,193 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,098
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » PVP is super unbalanced

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
110 posts found
  Littlebomb

Apprentice Member

OP  3/16/11 10:01:40 PM#1

Do not buy this game for pvp.  The warrior and rogue class are so out of balance it's mind blowing.

Any caster class is no comptetion once you hit 50. At 50 the Warriors become gods and can stunlock, range, fear and burst you into oblivion.

This is a pve game. It's pve is great. It's pvp is completely out of balance. 

The CC is abundant and out of control. so many silences and stuns any cleric or mage is going to spend 33% of any Warfront with grayed out bars.

drumchannell

Novice Member

3/17/11 2:31:07 AM#2
Originally posted by Littlebomb

Do not buy this game for pvp.  The warrior and rogue class are so out of balance it's mind blowing.

Any caster class is no comptetion once you hit 50. At 50 the Warriors become gods and can stunlock, range, fear and burst you into oblivion.

The CC is abundant and out of control. so many silences and stuns any cleric or mage is going to spend 33% of any Warfront with grayed out bars.

The usual bad player response. "I didn't win because someone rooted me in place, pvp isn't balanced, Wahhh!"

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/17/11 5:12:19 AM#3
Originally posted by drumchannell

The usual bad player response. "I didn't win because someone rooted me in place, pvp isn't balanced, Wahhh!"

Perhaps.  I'm not very good at PVP, and not level 50, but at level 32 I ran into a Rogue who was level 34 and he stunlocked me into oblivion regardless whether I tried to fight back in my Druid/Shaman build or just try to stay alive in my pure healer build.

Didn't seem to be any way for me to retalitate (I gave it 4 good tries) and I decided to chalk it up to my lack of skill coupled with the level differences, but seeing a post like the OP makes me wonder.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

3/17/11 5:15:37 AM#4

He who does not respond to complaints gets nerfed 1st !

xruu

Apprentice Member

3/17/11 5:21:24 AM#5

Do u really think they can balance so many soul both in pve and pvp? Its a pure PvE game, dont buy it if u want pvp, its easy, and well know.

Seffren

Novice Member

It's ok.

3/17/11 5:23:41 AM#6

I'm sorry people, but really ... learn to play your class.

It's all I can say.

Xasapis

Tipster

3/17/11 5:26:08 AM#7
Originally posted by xruu

Do u really think they can balance so many soul both in pve and pvp? Its a pure PvE game, dont buy it if u want pvp, its easy, and well know.

So in order to have a good pvp game you need rigit classes and little to no player class customisation, is that what you're trying to say?

I'm just watching the market right now and there are quite a few fun to play PvP oriented games that offer very big class customisation (EVE, GW1, Darkfall come to mind).

Mykell

Advanced Member

3/17/11 6:29:06 AM#8
Originally posted by Kyleran

Perhaps.  I'm not very good at PVP, and not level 50, but at level 32 I ran into a Rogue who was level 34 and he stunlocked me into oblivion regardless whether I tried to fight back in my Druid/Shaman build or just try to stay alive in my pure healer build.

Didn't seem to be any way for me to retalitate (I gave it 4 good tries) and I decided to chalk it up to my lack of skill coupled with the level differences, but seeing a post like the OP makes me wonder.

I know exactly what you mean. CC in this game is beyond a joke. People i know who rolled mages and clerics are all rerolling warriors. I enjoyed the pvp up until the mid 20's. Over 30 its just not fun as a cleric or mage. Watching blacked out hot bars whilst you lose 70% of your health isn't what i call pvp.

Thamoris

Novice Member

Never argue with idiots. They just bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

3/17/11 6:37:29 AM#9

Rift is a pve game.

If you like to play lots of pvp, then play a different game.

I don't WANT Rift to get it's classes watered down so it's balanced for pvp. In order to get thing "fair" you end up with everyone having the same skills with different names.

jimsmith08

Novice Member

3/17/11 6:46:48 AM#10

The problem with CC is that there are no diminishing returns, and with so many classes getting stuns at 50 (some aoe) means that pvp can often be a case of being chained to death even if your opponents dont intend it. You could get aoe stunned by a pyro, and when thats over a warlock stuns you from 30 yards away.  Thats without the numerous roots, knockbacks and fears (some of which are aoe) and its all starting to feel like warhammer onlines cc fest in 2008.

waveslayer

Hard Core Member

3/17/11 6:56:16 AM#11

First off, I agree there are some balance issues and probably always will be, I havnt seen it any different in any MMoRPG yet. But I am not so sure that there is more of a quitter mentality at work with the OP.

The game is only a few weeks old, most ppl havnt been 50 long enough to learn the true capabilities of thier respective classes and what different combinations of souls are capable of, if its the same 3 or 4 months from now then I will agree something needs to be done, but from what I have experienced so far in group PvP instead of one on one casters do some damage, healers can turn the tide and its all quite abit of fun.

Yes, its eaiser for most of you to just give up and go to furoms and whine then it is to take the time to learn your class in a trial by fire, but to say that one shouldnt buy this game if they are looking for PvP is BS, well maybe not if your the I must win every time or its the game and not me type.

Godz of War I call Thee

sn0wblind00

Novice Member

3/17/11 7:06:52 AM#12

I do agree with the CC's being rediculous.  The game should give you a fighting chance, not perma-stun crap.  Yes, War's are rediculous at 50 as they outdmg my rogue, have better armor, and equal or better stuns.  Clerics havent changed much since beta so are still easy-mode tanks/burst dd's, healers.  Mages are easy to take down for any class.  The only mages you generally see as being effective have some sort of domi role, with the enhanced squirrel.  It seems to be the most popular stun at 50 range, as sab's can stack on it.  Rogues I disagree on, minus the sab.  The melee rogue dmg is laughable if there is any healing involved.

pmaura

Apprentice Member

3/17/11 7:20:20 AM#13

lets try this again,

in rift you have a pleothara of character options, theres PVP builds and PVE builds, if a PVP build attacks a PVE build guess what the PVE dies boo hoo deal with it.

If your going into Battle in warfronts with PVE builds and getting creamed your fault.

jonesing22

Apprentice Member

3/17/11 7:26:13 AM#14
Originally posted by waveslayer

First off, I agree there are some balance issues and probably always will be, I havnt seen it any different in any MMoRPG yet. But I am not so sure that there is more of a quitter mentality at work with the OP.

The game is only a few weeks old, most ppl havnt been 50 long enough to learn the true capabilities of thier respective classes and what different combinations of souls are capable of, if its the same 3 or 4 months from now then I will agree something needs to be done, but from what I have experienced so far in group PvP instead of one on one casters do some damage, healers can turn the tide and its all quite abit of fun.

Yes, its eaiser for most of you to just give up and go to furoms and whine then it is to take the time to learn your class in a trial by fire, but to say that one shouldnt buy this game if they are looking for PvP is BS, well maybe not if your the I must win every time or its the game and not me type.

I totally agree....who pvps alone anyway?

Mothanos

Advanced Member

3/17/11 7:27:43 AM#15

Deja vu back to WoW's PvP forums.....

PvP cannot ever be balanced there are so many many variables to play with.

What are you thinking ?

Blizzard has been balancing their game for 6 years with some of the most talented developers in the world and they still doing a bad job.

PvE - PvP -  Range - Melee - Talent Builds - Souls - Crowd Control - Burst Damage - Dots etc etc etc etc

This will go dowen the same road as WoW balanced, you level a class to max by its playstyle and before you know it the upcomming patch totaly changes it.

Been there done that people, accept or quit.

Wicoa

Advanced Member

3/17/11 8:14:20 AM#16

PvP Soul is PVP Soul. If u go into pvp expecting to rock the soxors without ur pvp soul in place well u will rock the ground underneath u as u fall.

If you go in with a pve build in pve gear well hmm daddio ur yumyum food.

jpnole

Advanced Member

3/17/11 8:47:42 AM#17

Just keep working on your PVP skills - you'll get better - it takes lots of practice!

jpnole

Advanced Member

3/17/11 8:49:58 AM#18
Originally posted by Wicoa

PvP Soul is PVP Soul. If u go into pvp expecting to rock the soxors without ur pvp soul in place well u will rock the ground underneath u as u fall.

If you go in with a pve build in pve gear well hmm daddio ur yumyum food.

Not true - Trion has said PVE & PVP gear work for both and one won't give a huge advantage over the other. Look at the gear, other than the vendor it's sold from it's all very similar. None of the gear says "PVP only" anywhere!

Ender4

Novice Member

3/17/11 9:54:48 AM#19

They redid the talent point system and a lot of skills and revamped how things scaled just weeks before release, of course the game isn't balanced. It is going to take a while to get PvP balance in a decent state.

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

3/17/11 11:04:30 AM#20
Originally posted by Mykell
Originally posted by Kyleran

I know exactly what you mean. CC in this game is beyond a joke. People i know who rolled mages and clerics are all rerolling warriors. I enjoyed the pvp up until the mid 20's. Over 30 its just not fun as a cleric or mage. Watching blacked out hot bars whilst you lose 70% of your health isn't what i call pvp.

You do relise that the devs are gonna nerf the warriors and rouges the more they see these posts. Let a sleeping dog lie.

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search