Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,963,750 Users Online:0
Games:808  Posts:6,407,461
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » MMORPG.com Forum Titles!

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
130 posts found
  kaowo

Novice Member

8/02/08 2:57:46 PM#101

cool!

Gammit100

Novice Member

The Internet. Serious business.

8/14/08 8:03:11 PM#102

I don't know why I never read/saw this, but this is a pretty sweet idea.

Gammit10 Xfire Miniprofile
  Itaruga

Novice Member

One Sky. One Destiny.

8/14/08 8:03:21 PM#103

yeah high five >.<

tigris67

Guide

"You know what happened to the man that got everything he ever wanted? He lived happily ever after"

1/27/09 10:46:30 PM#104

Are the forum titles still being given out? Just curious if people can still obtain more.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

Scot

Elite Member

2/14/09 11:17:25 AM#105

How about we assign each other titles by a poll? I am sure we could have mucho fun with that :)

RJCox

Novice Member

"It''s OK... I''m a leaf on the wind! Watch how I soar!"

2/23/09 9:03:25 AM#106

This is a system that I've been meaning to get to for a while now.

Unfortunately this is something that kinda fell through the cracks when Taera left and I took over as CM, we never got a chance to go over it and so I really have no clue as to the details to most of it.

That being said, I'll be looking into it and filling in the gaps where I can and rework the system in some other places, etc. Feel free to post any suggestions you might have to the system and we'll see what we can do with this thing. :)

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Grunty

Elite Member

3/05/09 3:28:05 PM#107

While I like the custom forum title idea there is one thing that may not have been thought about.  How does MMORPG.com remove a title that has been given to someone who no longer meets the requirements of that title?  I am thinking specifically about an individual who used to work for a game company but hasn't for almost 2 years.  As an employee of that company, MMORPG.com gave him the title "<game> Representative".  This individual then left that company and started his own competing company yet he still has, and uses, his official MMORPG.com "<game> Representative" forum title from the first company. 

MMORPG.com even changed his name so he could promote his new company within it which as things have turned out no longer exists.  Of course, he hasn't posted to the forums since his company went under but he still comes here. Karma's a bitch.

Shiva_Shadow

Novice Member

The wind carries with it all things forgotten.

5/30/09 8:15:04 PM#108

Can I have the title 'Opinionated B*tch'?  Please oh please ^^

Sorry, couldn't quite resist.

Rikimaru_X

Guru

Facts about Riki: I'm a ninja & one of the sexiest guys on this damn site.

6/03/09 5:21:26 AM#109
Originally posted by Shiva_Shadow

Can I have the title 'Opinionated B*tch'?  Please oh please ^^

Sorry, couldn't quite resist.

She got jokes. I like this one.

*claps*

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

User Deleted
9/14/09 8:56:27 PM#110

i think this needs an update

woghd

Novice Member

10/02/09 2:42:15 PM#111

Titles are all well and good. But to me they seem a bit shallow. I mean How important is a title really? It's not like it gives you any real power or control. In most cases it's not even a recognition of your contributions. Everyone is scrambling around saying "I have this title" or "I have that title" when in fact none of it means anything. Titles for the sake of themselves mean nothing, and are not worth persuing.

Just my two cents.

Isaacc

Novice Member

5/07/10 1:14:47 PM#112

Very interesting idea.  I like it.  :)

isaackins Xfire Miniprofile
  Awenyddion

Community Manager, Star Trek Online

5/12/10 11:20:16 AM#113

hehe.=.

Nicole "Awenyddion" Hamlett
Star Trek Online Community Manager

ionutz21

Novice Member

6/07/10 1:12:41 PM#114

nice xD

allsmilestou

Novice Member

8/15/10 1:46:09 AM#115

fffffff

hardgames

Novice Member

"Quiz time! <dances>" - Pran

9/24/10 10:41:16 PM#116

I'm new here and I've read the articles and help about ranks and titles. I must say that MMORPG implements a rather complicated system for the title and rank. I'm not saying that it's bad but it's quite new for me. But I guess the system works since it prevents not-so-helpful comments from being credited and also encourages people to be active and stay active. :p

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

yvesquo

Novice Member

le tout sans nouveauté qu`un espacement de la lecture (Mallarmé)

2/07/11 6:38:12 PM#117
Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating! Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating! Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating! Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating!
  killersjoy

Novice Member

"you lookin at me punk"

7/06/11 11:24:38 AM#118

eh

"find a new way home pizza boy"

User Deleted
7/06/11 11:30:24 AM#119

I agree with the sentiment of titles being purely cosmetic (having no real affect on how i view a particular post)

I feel the same way about post counts.

I don't know what an ideal system would be.. straight up user popularity ratings end up being ridiculous "student body president" competition..

"vote for me and ill stop all junk email in your inbox .. promise :O!"

I don't think mmorpg does title's / moderation any worse than the average site though.. i do think they err on the side of caution a bit too much in deleting posts ;p

Jamievtodd

Apprentice Member

7/16/11 5:08:49 PM#120

Hi, my cousin is making up some bollocks that he is creating and developing an mmorpg with the help of a friend... He is a delusioned fool as he thinks it will be more popular than WoW... Now i have been racking my brains out trying to work out what the game in the image attached is. (I asked for the name of this game and he wouldn't give it too me all he sent was this very blurred screen shot.) I was just wondering if anybody knew what this game was... Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks 

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search