Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,168 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,703
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » Loving this game!

15 posts found
  slowpoke68

Spotlight Poster

OP  10/20/13 6:12:31 AM#1

Tried it about a year ago but it didn't run well on my computer.  Last patch they optimized the graphics engine, and between that and my new video card it is running really well now.  When I last tried it, I thought it was good, but I am totally hooked now.

Really polished, complete, and deep.  With the soul tree options, I think I will be playing this for a long time.

Fangrim

Novice Member

10/20/13 6:25:18 AM#2

Did they add loads of new zones at all levels since launch? When i beta tested it there was nothing at all 'deep' about this game. Leveling was like a tree with no branches (log) _____________________________________________________ just one way to go.

If it has changed maybe it is good :)

Calmmo

Novice Member

10/21/13 8:27:02 AM#3
Originally posted by Fangrim

Did they add loads of new zones at all levels since launch? When i beta tested it there was nothing at all 'deep' about this game. Leveling was like a tree with no branches (log) _____________________________________________________ just one way to go.

What did you even play bro, pre alpha version 1 or something? :/

Either youre trolling or you're not very informed

FlawSGI

Hard Core Member

All of history is a lie. The truth depends on who does the listening, and who does the telling...

10/21/13 9:39:33 AM#4
Originally posted by Calmmo

What did you even play bro, pre alpha version 1 or something? :/

Either youre trolling or you're not very informed

I don't think he is trolling at all. To answer his question... no they have not added new zones to level in at all levels so it is still linear in that regard. They did add instant adventure as a way to alleviate the pain of linear leveling though so in that regard it has gotten a little better. To me the game suffers from skill bloat and the skill trees do not offer all that much in depth seeing as how many of the skills are the same thing just reworded and placed in different orders. What it does, it does well though. I am glad the OP is having fun and wish I could say the same but the game wasn't for me. Soulless game IMO.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

RabidMouth

Advanced Member

10/21/13 9:45:25 AM#5
I think it's a decent game and I really enjoy the skill customization. That being said I have heard only a few builds work for endgame content and PvP. No point in allowing for so much customization if this is true...

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Zorgo

Hard Core Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

10/21/13 9:54:19 AM#6

You're right -

If you skip the housing, crafting, pvp, rifts, raids, dungeons, instant adventures and world events then there is only one path.

Fangrim

Novice Member

10/21/13 8:06:38 PM#7
Crafting? is that what it's called? I thought it was more click on 200 materials and create 100 bars and go make a cup of coffee,come back and turn those bars into 50 daggers with 1 click and go and make a sandwich.As i said,I found nothing at all deep about this game just before launch.
  fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

10/22/13 4:52:03 PM#8
Originally posted by Zorgo

You're right -

If you skip the housing, crafting, pvp, rifts, raids, dungeons, instant adventures and world events then there is only one path.

What he means is that there are no multiple paths to level up your alts like in other games like WOW where you have 10+ starting zones and 4-5 zones per level range. 

This was a common criticism of RIFT when it came out and it was very true back then. Very linear zone progression, aka 1 zone per level range. I am not sure if they have fixed this in later patches/expansions as I haven' played it since launch.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Ender4

Advanced Member

10/22/13 6:15:13 PM#9

I just revisited the game a month ago and no they didn't add more leveling zones. You still go down a completely linear quest path supplemented with Rifts that aren't very interesting. It is kind of nice you don't have to get a quest before doing it now though, I didn't remember that existing in the past.

Dalanon

Novice Member

10/22/13 6:32:32 PM#10
It's a fun game.  Just make surer you have a well populated server with plenty of people to do the rift and zone events with. Fun and worth a look if you're bored and haven't tried it.

Not all who wander are lost...

SirFubar

Novice Member

10/22/13 6:49:53 PM#11
Originally posted by CowboyHat
I think it's a decent game and I really enjoy the skill customization. That being said I have heard only a few builds work for endgame content and PvP. No point in allowing for so much customization if this is true...

Didn't play enough to get to the endgame content and highend PvP but I have to say that doesn't surprise me at all. This has been a major problem in MMOs for a long time. It's usually even worst in PvP too.

But yeah it's a decent game. One of the best F2P out there for sure. But the clunky and sometimes unresponsive combat and boring grind made me quit after like 2 months of casual play with some friends who couldn't play a better MMO.

Jaedor

Advanced Member

10/22/13 7:22:55 PM#12

I'm enjoying the heck out of Rift, and have been for about a year now. Of course, I started playing because of Dimensions but I do a lot of PvE as well and have even started raiding a bit.

As in every mmo, there are folks who test and find the optimal builds. Since Rift has raiding and it's pretty decent in terms of boss mechanics, optimal builds get a fair amount of airtime. For example, there's a stacking debuff in a boss fight that only one spell can remove completely enough to prevent a tank from dying. So in that fight, there's going to be one healer with that spell in their build to ensure that it gets cleared. But once that boss is down, the healer can switch to something else and that makes Rift flexible and fun.

It's definitely a themepark and leveling is on factioned rails to about level 35. But after that, more options open up re zones. Meanwhile, you can level via Instant Adventures or PvP as well as PvE questing. And with Rift's F2P model, content isn't gated behind an expansion or cash shop.

Glad you are enjoying it, OP.

Fangrim

Novice Member

10/22/13 10:18:46 PM#13

Hey:)

I also am happy for anyone including the OP to have fun in games,I was just asking a general question if they had added new zones because I love playing alts.I have 21 EQ2 characters on Antonia Bayle server and like how I can make a new toon and level in so many zones.

it keeps it fresh instead of doing it all over again the same.

Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

10/22/13 10:23:24 PM#14

OP

I'm glad you have found a game that fun for you.

Velqor

Novice Member

10/23/13 7:02:59 AM#15

This is by far one of my favorite mmorpg's. I've played it at the launch, but at that time i didn't like it (i guess i was still too adicted to previous mmorpg's, wich i returned to shortly after) 

I recently started again, and i am level 34 now, and i think it is a great game. No bugs whatsoever, smooth gameplay, enough content. At some points it reminds me of warhammer online, wich is a positive thing, since warhammer online was my favorite mmorpg (well, shared 1st place with guild wars 1)

Also, things like the lore, the collection system and housing are awesome;)

Except for some closed minded (read: dumb) kids, arguing about what country is best (here is my answer: None, or every country, whatever you like) i couldn't find any negative things about this game. Sure i haven't seen end game yet, but i have high expectations.