Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,798,034 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,724
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » So i just downloaded rift, decided to check it out.

7 posts found
  ellobo29

Apprentice Member

OP  7/06/13 7:15:55 AM#1
I joined the pvp server, how does the pvp server work? is it open world pvp or instanced? factions? 

http://medias.luna-atra.fr/gw2/char_tool/CT_imageGenerator.php?pseudo=Centurion%20Mikal&lang=EN&code=&code=TSwtLDUsLSw2LC0sMjksOSwyMiwyMywyNCwtLDEwMiwzNiw4MSw4NCw4OQ%3D%3D

DMKano

Elite Member

7/06/13 7:22:55 AM#2

Rift PvP serversare open world PvP - you chose a side either Defiant or Guardian, players from other faction will be red names and are freely attackable everywhere outside the tutorial area.

Its worth noting that you can flag yourself for PvP even on PvE servers and do open world PvP. Basically on PvP servers you cannot unflag yourself ever, that is the difference.

ellobo29

Apprentice Member

OP  7/06/13 8:10:54 AM#3

hmmm sounds fun

http://medias.luna-atra.fr/gw2/char_tool/CT_imageGenerator.php?pseudo=Centurion%20Mikal&lang=EN&code=&code=TSwtLDUsLSw2LC0sMjksOSwyMiwyMywyNCwtLDEwMiwzNiw4MSw4NCw4OQ%3D%3D

Aroukos

Advanced Member

7/06/13 1:52:33 PM#4

game is indeed fun. you wont regret your decision to play RIFT.

imo is maybe the top choice in the current mmo market, considering also its excellent f2p model.

Calmmo

Novice Member

7/07/13 10:05:27 AM#5
Originally posted by Aroukos

imo is maybe the top choice in the current mmo market, considering also its excellent f2p model.

good f2p model, but a worse game since f2p nonetheless :) Inevitable i suppose. F2P is their chance to grab what little they can from gullible newbies before Wild/TES/EQnxt, good for them i guess, they've been in deep financial trouble this past year with that Strategy game failing after pumping so much money into it (all pretty much of the games original (rift) devs having been fired already)

Oh well it was a good run, rift was the last bastion of decent raiding~ All the top end raid guilds have already moved on and are waiting to see if wildstar will manage to slot it self into that position like their PR claims they are planning on doing.

Stryx74

Advanced Member

7/07/13 10:10:22 AM#6
Originally posted by Calmmo
Originally posted by Aroukos

good f2p model, but a worse game since f2p nonetheless :) Inevitable i suppose. F2P is their chance to grab what little they can from gullible newbies before Wild/TES/EQnxt, good for them i guess, they've been in deep financial trouble this past year with that Strategy game failing after pumping so much money into it (all pretty much of the games original (rift) devs having been fired already)

Oh well it was a good run, rift was the last bastion of decent raiding~ All the top end raid guilds have already moved on and are waiting to see if wildstar will manage to slot it self into that position like their PR claims they are planning on doing.

I haven't played in awhile and was thinking about installing again. How has f2p made it a worse game?

GeezerGamer

Elite Member

It's a combination of Nightingale Armor with the Mod Truebound Deadric Armors

7/07/13 10:14:00 AM#7
Originally posted by ellobo29
I joined the pvp server, how does the pvp server work? is it open world pvp or instanced? factions? 

I leveled on a PVP server in Rift as well.

It's basically like this:

Yes: I wish to be ganked while leveling.

No: I do not wish to be ganked while leveling.

I feel that the state of the genre is such that a total and complete failure is needed so it can be reborn anew.
I'm actually hoping this new generation of 8 button MMOs will make that happen.