Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,189 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,227,091
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » The most beautiful world

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
174 posts found
  Adokas

Novice Member

2/04/13 9:37:30 AM#121
Originally posted by pinktailz
Lotro lol? I remember i played for about half hour and understood that i cant play game with so primitive graphics, it is like lineage 2

To me, beautiful is not just in terms of graphical beauty. But how I feel the world is created. How open it is, and large too.

sanshi44

Hard Core Member

2/04/13 9:40:02 AM#122

This may sound strange to you guys but the most beautiful world ive played in is Norrath (Everquest one) although it may not have the highest end graphic and textures than other games but that it not where the beauty of that world exsists. The beauty of norrath is the feeling of the zones/areas as you explore. Not a single zone/area looks or feels the same as another one in the world there all had there own set of feeling and uniqueness this is what made this world so Beautiful you can explore one area and know you will never come across another place like it no matter where you went. All the cities had there own different feeling to them for example

Qeynos the human capaital on the west coast of Antonica was a bussling city that felt happy

Freeport on the other hand on the east coast of Antonica when hiking through the dessert you reach the coastling and gaze at the empowering might of the city you feels its power however once u delve into the city and unturn a few stones you get a feeling of sadness in the city being filled with corruption however there still hope that the palidins hold the northern part of they city still which is free of corruption.

Rivervale located in the center of Qeynos and Freeport is home to the hafling, It has a peaceful yet somewhat mysterious feel to it, It was like the peace surrounded by the dark, I think maybe that was because it was somewhat difficult to travel to and from at lower levels its kinda got the feeling of being that one peaceful happy place that welcomes you after a long hard dangerous journmey to it.

Halas north of Qeynos is a city covered in snow and ice, the home of the barbarian the freezing wind and icy snow fall on this city though out the whole year yet it felt like home to those after traveling through the snowy plains and icy paths you come across this white gem of antonica despite being covererd in snow and ice it had a somewhat warm feel to the city.

I can go one about how every zone felt in norrath however i would be creating quite a wall of text haha so i think ill stop here lol its gives you quite a understanding to what im trying to get at im hoping. The true beauty of a world for me comes from the feeling and the unique looks of areas and zones and in norrath every zone had its unique feeling or looks and to me that what made it the most beautiful world ove played in.

User Deleted

OP  2/04/13 9:46:46 AM#123
Originally posted by Adokas
Lotro lol? I remember i played for about half hour and understood that i cant play game with so primitive graphics, it is like lineage 2

To me, beautiful is not just in terms of graphical beauty. But how I feel the world is created. How open it is, and large too.

When I first tried LOTRO a couple of years ago, I never made it out of the starter areas, so I had a similar feeling as pinktailz. They seemed very confined and the graphics were not impressive. However, since I decided to try again and got out of Ered Luin, I can see a much larger, more varied, and very beautiful world. Just a little while ago, I enjoyed an amazing sunrise in Buckland after doing some fishing in the river there.

A lot of people complain about the character animations and such, but they don't bother me. I definitely agree with Adokas. For me, graphics and beauty are not necessarily the same thing. 

faxnadu

Novice Member

2/04/13 10:24:14 AM#124
Originally posted by tom_gore
Originally posted by sportsfan

Azeroth.

Without a doubt as it is technically the most advanced open world with the most animated critters and you can BE there.

From epic dragons to personal flying mount systems that broke the small zoning worlds of other MMO's.

Playing GW2 in contrast is jumping through hoops with loading screens.

GW2 is disgusting for a 2012 designed world.

Azeroth is a world. GW2 is a bunch of sewed together loading screens giving access to closed bordered zones.

GW2 is 3 steps back in open world MMORPG design.

One step by not even having a mount or wagon system. Another stop for making ALL zones closed bordered and the final step by lack of ANY form of seamless travel.

Just a cheap way to produce things.

I agree that Azeroth in its seamless design is a feat that I still wonder no one has been able to replicate. Unfortunately the graphics are showing their age. Here's hoping Blizzard will amaze us again with Titan, some time in the future.

with all the mmos ive played and currently out there i have to also agree with Azeroth simple as that.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

2/04/13 11:12:32 AM#125
Originally posted by m0lly

Azeroth.

Without a doubt as it is technically the most advanced open world with the most animated critters and you can BE there.

From epic dragons to personal flying mount systems that broke the small zoning worlds of other MMO's.

Azeroth is a world. GW2 is a bunch of sewed together loading screens giving access to closed bordered zones.

One step by not even having a mount or wagon system. Another stop for making ALL zones closed bordered and the final step by lack of ANY form of seamless travel.

I agree that Azeroth in its seamless design is a feat that I still wonder no one has been able to replicate. Unfortunately the graphics are showing their age. Here's hoping Blizzard will amaze us again with Titan, some time in the future.

with all the mmos ive played and currently out there i have to also agree with Azeroth simple as that.

Wtf? Tons of MMOs before and AFTER WoW have had entirely seamless worlds. 

I'm so sick of people thinking WoW ever did anything unique. 

DavisFlight

Elite Member

2/04/13 11:13:36 AM#126

LotRO is packed to the gills with inivsible walls, linear design, impassable hills and mountains, and terrible monster layout. Not to mention zones that auto kill you if you try to explore them without first doing the quest, phasing and instancing up the ass blocking you from going places you've discovered... 

open is a word I'd use to describe LotRO if I'd never played another MMO.

faxnadu

Novice Member

2/04/13 11:19:25 AM#127
Originally posted by DavisFlight

Azeroth.

rage! tons of mmos before, yea and they were really good visually werent they? heh each one theyr own.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

2/04/13 12:04:04 PM#128

Azeroth.

rage! tons of mmos before, yea and they were really good visually werent they? heh each one theyr own.

Yeah, they were. For their time they pushed graphics as far as they could go. WoW, for its time, looked 4 years out of date. It still does. 

Adokas

Novice Member

2/04/13 1:16:12 PM#129

LotRO is packed to the gills with inivsible walls, linear design, impassable hills and mountains, and terrible monster layout. Not to mention zones that auto kill you if you try to explore them without first doing the quest, phasing and instancing up the ass blocking you from going places you've discovered... 

open is a word I'd use to describe LotRO if I'd never played another MMO.

Perhaps. I don't feel it's as bad in LotRO as that, but I do agree that there's a good amount of invisible walls and instances. I suppose I used the words open and large more loosely I guess. Hence, in an earlier post I mentioned Lineage II. To me that was a huge world, very open too I felt. It just felt immense. But I've played plenty of MMO's. Too many almost, with all the messed up releases throughout the last few years. And thinking of that, and all of the different games I've played, LotRO's world does feel big. Maybe not Azeroth big or such, but still, decent.

corpusc

Advanced Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

2/04/13 2:37:03 PM#130
Originally posted by PWN_FACE

When I first tried LOTRO a couple of years ago, I never made it out of the starter areas, so I had a similar feeling as pinktailz. They seemed very confined and the graphics were not impressive. However, since I decided to try again and got out of Ered Luin, I can see a much larger, more varied, and very beautiful world. Just a little while ago, I enjoyed an amazing sunrise in Buckland after doing some fishing in the river there.

A lot of people complain about the character animations and such, but they don't bother me. I definitely agree with Adokas. For me, graphics and beauty are not necessarily the same thing. 

and on this basis i think you'd be disappointed with AoC.   its got some great fancy graphical setpieces, but doesn't feel like a world.   it feels like a bunch of (largely linear, tunnelly) setpieces jammed together.

screenshots look great, but then you get a totally diff feel from actually exploring the world.

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

AutemOx

Novice Member

2/04/13 8:15:25 PM#131
Probably the prettiest world I have seen so far is GW2.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

redcapp

Novice Member

2/04/13 8:27:32 PM#132
Yeah, Vanguard.
  Foreverdream

Spotlight Poster

2/04/13 9:47:20 PM#133

Author, If you can deal without fishing  i HIGHLY recommend AoC. It shares the same engine as tsw but the art and immersion really sit it in for me, i could play for hours. PvE and both PvP are challanging but rewarding. You feel an investment..An attachment to you avatar.  I was a big fan of High Fantasy but enjoyed this more so than any other HF game i've played including lotro.

Give it a shot, heck it's f2p. You'll thank me if you do :)

IF YOU'RE A KIND HUMAN PLEASE HELP. If you can't, At least share it on FB! Thanks

http://www.gofundme.com/New-Horizons

Scot

Elite Member

2/05/13 3:13:51 AM#134
Originally posted by Theely
I was actually surprised at how well LOTRO looks when you crank everything up. They must have updated the graphics since launch? No way it looked that good on release.

your trolling right, game looks at this moment like it looked on low setting at launch.

I think you are trolling, Lotro is well known to have improved since launch. The DIrect X upgrades saw a considerable improvement.

AoC is still the best for graphics, though some players do not rate its style and appearence as the best. They prefer a more fantasy looking setting I think.

WalterWhite

Apprentice Member

It's time to cook.

2/05/13 3:25:48 AM#135

I just started playing LotRO again this week after a long break and it still looks great. Also the areas of land are huge and have a great distance to view which makes you feel like you are in proper gaming world unlike the linear gaming enviorments of late like SWTOR.

Age of Conan is another fantastic looking game but some areas are quite linear (not as bad as SWTOR) and is a lot of fun due to the combat mechanics. There isn't as much to do as in LotRO though but they are both F2P so worthy of checking out.

Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

2/05/13 5:39:10 AM#136

OP, don't get me wrong please, but to me beautiful graphic world and world full of activities, or exciting game playing are two different things.

For graphic beauty my choice shared (means I love them all) between LotRO, Tera, Aion, Gw all + GW2 and Rift.

I have not yet tried Vanguard, AoW, SWTOR, AoC.

For world full of activities and fun to have w/o combat, my choice come to WoW which has less stunning views but way more to do, IMO again. Only WoW so far got combo of large world, lot to do and good polished game. I love my female b-elf, which is far from being my best looking character from all MMO, but has correct (non ugly) look to me. May be all I can miss at WoW is farming and housing, but may be you don't even need them as you have much to do.

For really lot of activities but slow grind + more or less bad graphic I would choose runescape. =XD I know it endless grind but large world and lot to do (although I would not recommend you to play it as sub after 2007, it browser game you can log at f2p and look).

So far I have a dream too. This dream is to find a game with large number of non-combat activities
(may be as runescape was my 1st MMO very long ago and I loved (will hate it now, I know=D) hours of farming or fishing, I loved (still love=D) my house which has full set of useful features and looked great.)
and not only gathering or crafting but also farming, housing, fishing. I would like to see large beautiful world to explore, to find hidden treasure (part of fun + reward).

I would like to craft some unique skins items at high end of my crafting (or unique ability for jewel) even if it will be hard and long to discover / find / buy from reputation and such, recipe.

I want to create unique items from my farming activity and fish rare fish in far lands (even if it will take ages to get there).

I would hate to travel again and again by using public transport system as it will waste my game time for nothing much (LOL don't like it in real life either).

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Toferio

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 6:42:39 AM#137
Minecraft :P
  corpusc

Advanced Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

2/05/13 7:03:55 AM#138
Originally posted by Toferio
Minecraft :P

not sure if serious or not.  would make sense to me either way.  8)

exploring the caves/caverns and the overworld of minecraft was the primary thing about it that had me addicted for almost a week (haven't hardly touched it since).

i found it oddly immersive despite its blockiness.   and its got neverending content since its generated.

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

akkedis86

Advanced Member

2/05/13 10:03:25 AM#139
Originally posted by jpnz

SWTOR looks absolutely stunning.

GW2 looks nice but the camera angle really hides the full view; if you have eye-inifinity though it can look awesome.

Aion is probably still the prettiest although Tera is pretty close.

Swtor, and GW2 is the best-looking mmo's I've palyed. Swtor is slightly better, but GW does more with less , in my opinion of course. 

I heard that Tera is good graphically, and I like the looks of TSW, but couldn't quite get into it.

Lotro is good for a old game, but sub-par compared to todays games, rift is also not great graphically in my opinion.

daltanious

Elite Member

2/05/13 12:53:59 PM#140
Wow, SWTOR, GW2. This trio is top for me, but there are also other good games.
9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search