Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,814,949 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,213,846
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Worst ever purchases?

12 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
222 posts found
  Slapshot1188

Elite Member

1/29/13 5:52:30 AM#41

Mortal Online

Cost $75 for the standard box version of the game.  They never sent out functioning release discs to everyone that bought it.  2.5 years after release people (and these are their "fans")  argue that it's too early to market the game because it's "not ready" yet.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

Tomorrow's just a future yesterday...

1/29/13 6:01:26 AM#42

Champions Online. It was an impulse buy, as I saw it on the shelf at Wal-Mart. I thought, "Cool! Champions Role-Playing Game in an MMO!"

It was nothing like Champions.

I was also playing City of Heroes at the time and Champions was barely a mere shadow of CoH.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

1/29/13 6:07:58 AM#43
DDO for me, bought on recommendation from friends and it totally wasn't the game for me.

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Jemcrystal

Elite Member

Let em put a slave ring thru u're nose u're prob not going to like where they're taking you. Think.

1/29/13 6:12:40 AM#44

Rift (when it first came out).  I did have a little bit of fun there but not worth what I paid.  I have more fun in free to play games so I felt cheated.  I enjoyed Rift's, well, rifts.  Until they got gimped - high levels were not allowed in low level rifts.  I have always hated the separation of high levels from low levels.  I wanted to show off in front of newbs.  Looking at it from the other coin side, I always enjoyed it when high levels show off for me.  In everything except getting ganked (world PvP sucks).

My favorite game glitch: http://youtu.be/9pQ_ZozZIio

tyfon

Apprentice Member

1/29/13 6:15:40 AM#45
Originally posted by Swanea

hellgate london lifetime sub.

Rofl. My few friends were like YEAH! Diablo only in a more MMO FEEL, YEAH!

YEAH!

No...

No..........

You win the thread! :)

I fell sorry for you.

User Deleted
1/29/13 6:25:40 AM#46
One month sub of MO was 15 Euro down the drain. I stopped playing before the sub ended (unsubbed after about 2 weeks). I even supported this game massively at first! Apologize to everyone who listened to me. OTOH I never played WoW and now have a blast with Vanguard (and not paying anything). xD
  fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

1/29/13 6:36:19 AM#47

I don't know where to start. I've bought soooooooooo many games on steam that I have never even played. Of the 500-600 games I have there I think I have plaed only 20 :D Although I've bought some of them at a crazy cheap price so even if I decide to play them in the future would be worth it as I doubt they will get any cheaper down the line.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Dauzqul

Spotlight Poster

1/29/13 8:05:08 AM#48

SWTOR was probably my best purchase. Why? I quickly knew that this game was going to suck. Thus, I sold the CE for almost double what I paid for it just after launch.

Diablo 3 CE was the worst purchase.

Adamantine

Advanced Member

War is not the ultima ratio, but the ultima irratio - Willy Brandt

1/29/13 8:30:16 AM#49
My worst purchase was GW1. I was completely bored out of my mind after 3 days. You dont meet anyone ever except in cities, the quests are generic, the crafting system unbelievably primitive, the combat system was trivialistic and monotonous. Good thing ? Well graphically it looked nice. And that was all.
  Zzad

Hard Core Member

1/29/13 8:33:14 AM#50

For me it was SWTOR sadly :(

Didn´t even make it till level cap...not even when it went FTP....

Adamantine

Advanced Member

War is not the ultima ratio, but the ultima irratio - Willy Brandt

1/29/13 8:35:26 AM#51
Originally posted by XAPGames

I've managed to skip most of the games I would have regreted purchasing.

I think its pretty simple really. Just wait a bit after release and check reactions of the players. ;-)

The only time when this recipe failed for me was Guild Wars.

But worked like a charm, for example, for Vanguard. Which I still play. Or Age of Conan. Which I never ever touched. :-D

Nachur

Novice Member

1/29/13 8:39:18 AM#52

Champions lifetime sub. I enjoyed playing COH for a month each time a new issue came out, and thought why not have access to the game any time I want.

Gamer logic through rose-colored glasses.

Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

1/29/13 8:53:41 AM#53

Star Trek Online - Played CO and knew it was not that great... Was in the STO Beta and knew it pretty much sucked balls... Still preordered the game hoping it would get better... Easily the stupidest game purchase I've ever made and the absolute last time I will ever preorder a MMO.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

GoldenArrow

Advanced Member

1/29/13 8:54:50 AM#54

Guild Wars 2, bought copy for myself and my girlfriend.

Worst purchase ever and this is coming from a TSW Lifetimer.

Theocritus

Apprentice Member

1/29/13 8:57:20 AM#55
Originally posted by dimnikar

For me it was AION.

No idea what I was thinking.

Outside of MMORPGs, there's a number of impulse purchases on Steam I don't neccessarily regret (they were dirt cheap), but could've done without...

I'm glad I didn't buy this one.....I could see why you'd be upset...That was a terrible game.

Nadia

Elite Member

1/29/13 9:12:41 AM#56

Anarchy Online

Age of Conan

Hellgate London

other online games, 

I may not have stuck with but I didnt feel ripped off

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/29/13 10:36:32 AM#57
Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Because I do research and have learned to think for myself, I don't regret any of my purchases.

Although a couple of CEs could have been bought at a discount later............

I do a lot of research and make my own decisions,but have to admit that Warhammer got me. By far the worst purchase I ever made. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

NaughtyP

Novice Member

1/29/13 10:37:44 AM#58
Age of Conan I guess. Probably because it was the first MMO where I thought to myself... this isn't even close to being done.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

1/29/13 10:38:00 AM#59
My worst purchase was the one-year subscription to Rift.  I bought it May 15 and haven't played much since September/October.  What a waste for a game I won't even have access to when the sub expires.  bleh

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

DSWBeef

Advanced Member

1/29/13 10:39:16 AM#60
Im one of those people who buys CEs because I actually collect them. The SWTOR CE IMO is a fantastic CE but the game isnt. The only mmo I regret buying is TERA and Final Fantasy.

Playing: Archeage Alpha, War Thunder, World of Tanks
Waiting on: Archeage, Wild Star, Everquest Next and The Black Desert

12 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search