Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,789 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,968
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » The most beautiful world

9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
174 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  1/16/13 11:15:58 PM#1

I like having a game where I don't have to kill all the time. I have Chivalry when I want my pvp  and I want it bloody. I have a lot of games for pvp. But I really want something where I can just relax, do some fishing, gathering, taking in the sites, hunting when I feeling like farming or grinding something. 

WoW was fun for a couple of years. I leveled really slowly and enjoyed doing all the stuff you could do in Azeroth. But I'm done there now. I think Rift's Telara is an attactive world, as well, and I like that they have fishing.  

What is the most beautiful mmorpg world you can actually go out and enjoy without having to fight all the time? Is there fishing, etc?

MMOGamer71

Hard Core Member

1/16/13 11:17:56 PM#2

LOTRO and Age of Conan.

Edit:

Smart phone crapped out.  I also like Champions Online as it has a comic book (Borderlands) feel.

Theely

Advanced Member

1/16/13 11:23:09 PM#3
I was actually surprised at how well LOTRO looks when you crank everything up. They must have updated the graphics since launch? No way it looked that good on release.
  django-django

Novice Member

1/16/13 11:24:01 PM#4
I would suggest Age of Wushu as it has a pretty amazing setting, with of course gathering, farming and fishing. But of course it is open-world PVP. 
  corpusc

Advanced Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

1/16/13 11:25:43 PM#5
Vanguard and Darkfall

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

jpnz

Elite Member

1/16/13 11:28:28 PM#6

SWTOR looks absolutely stunning.

GW2 looks nice but the camera angle really hides the full view; if you have eye-inifinity though it can look awesome.

Aion is probably still the prettiest although Tera is pretty close.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Alders

Elite Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

1/16/13 11:31:03 PM#7
Lotro and GW2's worlds are amazing.
  natpick

Hard Core Member

1/16/13 11:33:09 PM#8
got to agree on the lotro and aoc both on full graphics are really nice and yes darkfall has its charm and is huge.
  User Deleted
1/16/13 11:38:00 PM#9

My answer assumes a different between a 'world' and a 'zone'.   The zone is the piece of land you currently have access to, while the world is how they all work together in the larger context.

TERA and GW2 have very nice looking zones, but I'd have to say that Aion has the best overall world.  I understand Atreia and what the world has gone through.  I always felt like I was in the world, regardless of what zone I was in.  Although I haven't played Aion in months, Asmodae still kinda feels like home.  

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

1/16/13 11:55:14 PM#10

As with several of the others here, my picks are LOTRO and Age of Conan.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

birken

Novice Member

1/17/13 12:01:28 AM#11
Vanguard is the largest world in mmorpg and has alot of fun relaxing thing to do. Fish,Sail a ship,do diplo, build house just about  anything.
  AIMonster

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 12:02:43 AM#12

TSW and GW2 for me.  AoC looked great, but had a lot of low quality textures in certain areas and some dungeons were pretty bland.  Archeage seems like it might be just as good if not better in environmental detail.

In terms of non-combat stuff to do, I'd agree with others and go with Vanguard here.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

csthao

Hard Core Member

1/17/13 12:08:31 AM#13

Ultima Online

Not a 3D world, but its still very beautiful game. Run around the world, see how people design their homes, or just wander the forests, and you'll most likely find a dungeon. Fishing you say? Get a boat go fishing and you'll end up snagging a sea creature. Caught a prized fish? Mount it! Like collecting fishes? Keep em in your awuarium.

Ultima Online give you the type of freedom you'd expect from any game and more! It's ROLE PLAYING at its best.

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

1/17/13 12:10:11 AM#14

lotro has the best environment graphics if you turn them all the way up.  The animations and character graphics are horrible though.

Here comes the flames, but in Pandaria if you run dx11 with everything maxed, WoW looks insanely good.  It's not realistic, but that's not what Blizz is going for anyways.  You can see all the way across a zone easily, I can see a hozen from a mile awhile, it's very nice imho.

Oops forgot, for realistic it's lotro, for stylized it's WoW in pandaria,  the rest of the world isn't as good as pandaria looks though.

Adhesive33

Novice Member

1/17/13 12:15:55 AM#15
For what you want, LOTRO, all the way. So much care and detail went into the environments, and they aren't corridored off like other MMOs. The world is open, realistic, and seamless. I don't play the game regularly anymore, but if you are just looking to chill while fishing, crafting, or  playing music, lotro's got you covered. 
  hockeyplayr

Advanced Member

1/17/13 12:18:55 AM#16
Originally posted by Adhesive33
For what you want, LOTRO, all the way. So much care and detail went into the environments, and they aren't corridored off like other MMOs. The world is open, realistic, and seamless. I don't play the game regularly anymore, but if you are just looking to chill while fishing, crafting, or  playing music, lotro's got you covered. 

I may add crafting is enjoyable as well.  You actually use a hammer to smith and a pickaxe to mine stuff

Rohn

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 12:19:54 AM#17
Add my vote to LOTRO.  Beautiful world!

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Marirranya

Novice Member

1/17/13 1:16:24 AM#18
wow for me :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

Aeolyn

Novice Member

1/17/13 3:47:17 AM#19

If you want scenery and crafting then LoTRO is pretty nice though you quickly hit that ceiling on being able to make good armour for yourself, but if you want to actually make a living from fishing, then I'd have to say WoW with it's random treasure chests and ability to use some types of fish for alchemy with the rest for cooking and there's usually a decent market for both.  The fishing in LoTRO leaves a lot to be desired imo(a few titles and a copper or two each, no useful loot drops ever and no one ever buys them from the ah plus there's only a couple or so types of fish that you can even cook with). 

The reasons I don't choose Vanguard is mainly unless they've improved their engine a lot, I found it very clunky and everytime I tried to do any fishing I found myself getting attacked by random mobs and the crafting... hmm all I remember from that was a lot of running back and forth for supplies. 

I love GW2's graphics but yea I'm not in love with the camera and so far the crafting has been frustrating for me to the point that although I'm still trying to level my cook, mostly to be able to make my own dyes since they nerfed the drop rate on those, at least for me, I've given up on anything else as once again you need mats from areas that are often too difficult to get while you need them.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

1/17/13 4:00:43 AM#20

Entropia universe looks stunning now its running on Cryengine.. Probally one of the best looking worlds out there when it comes to MMORPGs. Tho this game is not for everyone because of how you pay for the game.. but its worth a download to just check out how stunning the world looks..

Also TSW and AOC are really good.. but are mainly combat games..

Also if you can put up with a game in a different language, take a look at archeage..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search