Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EVE Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,407 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,756
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Poll: Most hated MMORPG

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
166 posts found
  Axehandle

Novice Member

OP  12/07/12 1:55:43 PM#61
Originally posted by Amana
As long as you guys give your reasons for what you didn't like and things remain pretty civil, we'll leave this.

Thanks for allowing this to stay open. I started the thread and have been watching it to and trying to make sure the follow of traffic is moving in the right direction.

Express your opinion

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371172/Poll-Most-hated-MMORPG.html

Axehandle

Novice Member

OP  12/07/12 2:01:32 PM#62
Originally posted by Purutzil

Hate is strong... one that was the least appealing to me? Guildwars. The first one I didn't like at all and the second one (whcih was different) just was one of the weakest experiences I've had in an MMO in some time. While not the worst MMo I've tried, it is by far the worst MMo I've actually paid for. 

I don't hate it, nor do i think its bad either, specially if you are considering it among the wide variety out there, it just was the least fun to play and I just didn't enjoy it. 

Poll should really be "Most disliked AAA title MMO" rather then what it is. Sure I really dislike GW2, but there are plenty of Free games I can put above that game. I could at least stand to play 2 hours of GW2 when it was fresh before being unable to take it and getting to bored, there are F2P games that I had to struggle to play more then 15 minutes of despite how much I try to get past it.

Well I can't limit to to triple A titles because theres more than just the "popular" mmorpg's out there. I tried to allow all mmorpg'ers to have a say. I never played the first guild wars but I've heard some good things and some bad with jump strangely being a major negative for most. I have heard the way they released content was very favorable for the players. Care to elaborate?

Express your opinion

Axehandle

Novice Member

OP  12/07/12 2:09:44 PM#63
Originally posted by vandal5627
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by FromHell
GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

I like GW2 BECAUSE it DOESN'T have  the Trinity - no more waiting for a healer, etc. What an awlful idea the trinity really was.

I dislike GW2 mostly because of the haters on this site.

[mod edit]

I suppose in his defense sometimes the community can be toxic. I know when I was leaving wow one of the major reason was the attitude of the community. So much elitism because everyone could get gear and the lines were becoming blurred between the skilled hardcore versus the skilled casual which caused huge arguments over who was "eligible" to see the content. Community is a massive part of why I play Mmorpg's and a reason why I seek only games with welcoming people not the vitriolic mainstream that seem to be common place in the highest earning titles.

Express your opinion

superecon

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:16:51 PM#64
Has to be Warhammer online, there was nothing interesting about this game from the moment I logged in and the PvP was terrible.
  versulas

Advanced Member

12/07/12 2:21:32 PM#65
Mortal Online is probably up there...
  dinams

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:23:05 PM#66

Is there any other mmo that wasted about 50%+ of 150 million dollars in voiceovers and forced the closure of a hell of a sandbox?

When there is, I will despise that one more than SW:TOR

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Kenze

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:28:26 PM#67

DCUO i hate the combo combat

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

vandal5627

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 2:30:36 PM#68
Originally posted by Axehandle
GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

I like GW2 BECAUSE it DOESN'T have  the Trinity - no more waiting for a healer, etc. What an awlful idea the trinity really was.

I hate GW2 because of fanatics like this guy.

I suppose in his defense sometimes the community can be toxic. I know when I was leaving wow one of the major reason was the attitude of the community. So much elitism because everyone could get gear and the lines were becoming blurred between the skilled hardcore versus the skilled casual which caused huge arguments over who was "eligible" to see the content. Community is a massive part of why I play Mmorpg's and a reason why I seek only games with welcoming people not the vitriolic mainstream that seem to be common place in the highest earning titles.

I get that but this guy takse it to the extreme, you can't say one negative(even constructive ones) thing about GW2 without him jumping down your throat.  I know he loves the game but he needs to realize not everyone does that's all i'm saying.

superniceguy

Novice Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

12/07/12 2:31:46 PM#69
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by superniceguy

SWTOR only because it is more of a single player game with co-op / multiplayer options TRYING to be a MMORPG

If it was on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well or just regarded as a single player game with multiplayer without a monthly fee and brought DLC frequently then I would not hate it, as a game in its own way it is OK, but it is completely pathetic as a MMORPG

Yet you feel compelled to constantly post in their forums.  Why do you think that is?

As a game I do not hate it, and now it is F2P I will play it more (soon when can buy more slots), but not as much as I would like due to the stupid F2P restrictions.

SWTOR just makes a joke of what a MMORPG should be

If the POLL was Most hated game, I would not have voted anything

daarco

Novice Member

I have Darkfall now!
Caution: Game May Cause Care Bears To Populate Forums

12/07/12 2:36:22 PM#70

I voted WoW,

Before WoW MMOs could be complex vitual worlds with player freedom. WoW dumbded them down from "500 features" to maybe "50".

I remember the first time i tryed Wow, and was told to go and hunt wolves as a "quest" (i didnt even know what i quest was) and i didnt feel for hunting wolves and tryed to do something else. It didnt go well. As it turned out, i had to hunt wolves. That was something completely new for me. And also the level, class system was also new to me. I was usd to do whatever i wanted in a MMO.

Turnipvegi

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:46:06 PM#71

I voted for WoW for not what it was when it came out, but for what it became.

WoW has changed so much over the years and has lost the many aspects that made the game good to start with. The community is entirely absent, the only people who interact with eachother are people in guilds, outside of that the game may as well be a huge lobby. The other problem is the artificial content filler. Dailies to me have ruined what an MMO is about. You should actually have to go out in the world and do different things and put effort working towards them. Now it's do X amount of dailies every day, why? because there isn't anything else to do. 

My final issue is how they changed tuning the game. Back in Vanilla and BC you needed to complete older content to actually move up and compete, thus having more content in the game instead of scrapping a raid for each new tier of gear. 

eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

12/07/12 2:47:26 PM#72

I get that but this guy takse it to the extreme, you can't say one negative(even constructive ones) thing about GW2 without him jumping down your throat.  I know he loves the game but he needs to realize not everyone does that's all i'm saying.

I know exactly how you feel, except I'm on the opposite side of the fence.  I've read lots of posts from people who say they like GW2 and then the same collective group of haters has to jump in and tell the person why they are wrong.  They consistantly post more about GW2 than any other title, and yet they can't stand to play the game. Take a look at your post count with this new account, 5 posts, 3 of them are GW2 threads. 

So yeah, hatred is infectious.  Mind you, I don't spend much time in other game threads. A little, but nothing like some of the GW2 haters.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

Tomorrow's just a future yesterday...

12/07/12 2:56:52 PM#73

Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO)

I was excited for the title. I had great fun in high school (circa 1979-1981) playing with a great group of friends. Then we went off to differing colleges and and grew up (though I still fight this tooth and nail :) ).

I was lucky enough to get into the beta testing for it. I was sorely disappointed. It was nothing like D&D. I never bought it when it released.

The game itself may be a good MMO game. For the first (and last) time, I had extremely high expectations about the experience this game would provide. I was crushed.

I carry this "scar" with me and every MMO that comes out touting "D&D", it reopens. Pathfinder and Neverwinter Nights are the latest culprits. These games just do not get what D&D is about, in my eyes.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

vandal5627

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 3:11:43 PM#74
Originally posted by eyelolled

I know exactly how you feel, except I'm on the opposite side of the fence.  I've read lots of posts from people who say they like GW2 and then the same collective group of haters has to jump in and tell the person why they are wrong.  They consistantly post more about GW2 than any other title, and yet they can't stand to play the game. Take a look at your post count with this new account, 5 posts, 3 of them are GW2 threads. 

So yeah, hatred is infectious.  Mind you, I don't spend much time in other game threads. A little, but nothing like some of the GW2 haters.

I'm on GW2 threads because i'm interested in the game and want to play it some day when it has grown a bit but fans that defend the game to the extreme is killing it's growth and it's annoying and making me not want to play.  Every game has problems and we need people to point it out so the developers can see it and make changes or add things as needed.  He calls them haters, i call it feed back regardless of how negative it is.  It is their opinion and every opinion counts and noone is right or wrong.

VilariusBlight

Novice Member

12/07/12 3:14:38 PM#75

I voted for SWTOR, but I'm really surprised that many of you guys did as well =o

LhynnSaint

Novice Member

12/07/12 3:29:51 PM#76
Originally posted by daarco

I voted WoW,

Before WoW MMOs could be complex vitual worlds with player freedom. WoW dumbded them down from "500 features" to maybe "50".

I remember the first time i tryed Wow, and was told to go and hunt wolves as a "quest" (i didnt even know what i quest was) and i didnt feel for hunting wolves and tryed to do something else. It didnt go well. As it turned out, i had to hunt wolves. That was something completely new for me. And also the level, class system was also new to me. I was usd to do whatever i wanted in a MMO.

The problem isnt that wow did it, its that everyone else did it after wow. so yeah, my vote goes to WoW as well.

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

12/07/12 3:38:17 PM#77
I chose other and my choice is Star Trek Online.  I just couldn't get into it at all and it just feels so clunky to me.
  Lahuzer

Hard Core Member

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me...

12/07/12 3:40:44 PM#78
Originally posted by theoneandonly
I dont hate , i ignore

Amen to that.

ThomasN7

Novice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

12/07/12 3:41:05 PM#79
Well you forgot to add Lotro because that would get my vote. By far the worst interpretation of what a Lotr world should look like. Clunky combat, horrible art work and terrible voice acting. Character models look horrific as well. Pretty much safe to say unless they to a complete 360 I would never buy a Turbine game anymore.
  eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

12/07/12 3:42:57 PM#80
Originally posted by eyelolled

I'm on GW2 threads because i'm interested in the game and want to play it some day when it has grown a bit but fans that defend the game to the extreme is killing it's growth and it's annoying and making me not want to play.  Every game has problems and we need people to point it out so the developers can see it and make changes or add things as needed.  He calls them haters, i call it feed back regardless of how negative it is.  It is their opinion and every opinion counts and noone is right or wrong.

Like I said, I know exactly how you feel, I'm just on the other side of the fence.  And if it's feedback regardless of how negative it is, than it's also feedback regardless of how positive it is.  Fanbois and Haters are the same, just different sides of the exact same coin.  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search