Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,767,604 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,429
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » EA About to Release Info on a New MMO?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
54 posts found
  Mawnee

Advanced Member

12/06/12 4:11:45 PM#21
Please dont be ArcheAge...please EA, stay away from ArcheAge!
  Karteli

Apprentice Member

12/06/12 4:16:18 PM#22
Originally posted by Mawnee
Please dont be ArcheAge...please EA, stay away from ArcheAge!

Oh no .. I didn't even consider that.. are we jinxed now?

So if XLGames doesn't know much about publishing companies in the west, they might get tricked into going with the most talked about publishing company, EA.   Nooooooo!!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

theoneandonly

Novice Member

Life - the one and only MMO. All the rest will FAIL!!!!

12/06/12 4:19:42 PM#23
Originally posted by Vunak23
Originally posted by theoneandonly
Originally posted by Maelwydd

EA should stick with single player console games. MMO deffinetly not their cup of tea.

But if its Mass Effect MMO i`m in ))))))

And this ladies and gentlemen is why the MMO genre is gonna be fucked for a long time...

Care to elaborate?

Big companies can sell there game off IP alone and not put any real effort into the design or mechanics (SWTOR, WAR, AoC etc.) 

I thought that was apparent. 

The way western developers design mmo -its just more play-time for the same price. I had tone of fun with Swtor. And was kind of sad when finished with ME.

bingbongbros

Hard Core Member

12/06/12 4:21:10 PM#24

If anyone I mean ANYONE falls for EA/BW/Mythic's trick again then it is 100% your faults not theirs.  EA doesn't give a shit about good games they just want money.  For those who were saying omfg please be Mass Effect Online!!!

Think about this.. You know when a movie comes out that is super popular and it makes a trillion billion dollars? Then they make a videogame about the movie, sometimes the game even releases BEFORE the movie even does.  Then that videogame turns out to be the biggest pile of shit you have ever played in your entire life, Fight Club videogame for example.

Well that is EXACTLY what the big soulless machine that is EA is doing with mmos.  They take already existing IP's like Warhammer (popular tabletop game), SWTOR (most popular IP EVER, and popular single player game), and whatever future bullshit they churn out, then they spend shit tons of money on it to give it a shiny coat and hype it up so the community turns into a frenzied animal dying to play it.  They pay off all the websites reviews to give them the "BEST GAME EVER" rating and tell you what you want to hear.

Then the game launches and it is either lacking half the crap they said it would (WAR) or it is a buggy mess that doesn't work half the time (WAR/SWTOR).  Which isn't surprising because they use the same god damn team of fail devs every single time (Gabe).

Please people don't buy the shitty movie videogame ripoff again and again... just stick to the single player originals. EA won't stop making these games unti l you stop buying them!!!

Playing: Smite
Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO
Waiting On: Nothing really, though Black Desert looks pretty amazing so far.

Comaf

Hard Core Member

I want an mmorpg where pvp matters, my enemies are not my race or class, and community matters.

12/06/12 4:23:05 PM#25
Originally posted by meddyck
EA + anybody who worked on WAR... the Force is not strong with this one.

ROFL - you said it.

Zekiah

Advanced Member

Hype (noun)
1. to trick; gull.
2. exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
3. swindle, deception, or trick.

12/06/12 4:25:11 PM#26
Hard lessons are difficult to learn sometimes I suppose.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Coman

Hard Core Member

12/06/12 5:11:45 PM#27

You know what I be juding the game when it release..

I mean the majority of poeple complaining right now are going to play it if it's a good game anyways....that said I am not really getting any hopes up that we be getting the next gen MMO from EA. 

superniceguy

Apprentice Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

12/06/12 5:25:02 PM#28

Here comes another WOW killer! :P

I said that if EA work on a new more profitable project it will probably cause SWTOR to shut down, and this could be it. If this new project can handle 100K users or less and still be profitable, then SWTOR deos not stand a chance.

BruceYee

Apprentice Member

12/06/12 5:43:11 PM#29
My bet is on a Mass Effect MMO because they own it and would not have to pay any licensing fees. They also like making(ruining) MMOs with well established IP's.

"If you can control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do."-Winston Churchill

Herodes

Novice Member

Consumer

12/06/12 6:00:36 PM#30

If only EA would just die, so at least the captive souls of Bullfrog, Origin, etc would be freed.

Populous or Ultima next via Kickstarter, or Sim City, Command&Conquer and Syndicate without bull.

Maelwydd

Elite Member

12/06/12 6:04:19 PM#31
Originally posted by Maelwydd

EA should stick with single player console games. MMO deffinetly not their cup of tea.

But if its Mass Effect MMO i`m in ))))))

And this ladies and gentlemen is why the MMO genre is gonna be fucked for a long time...

Care to elaborate?

First I will quote a line from a film...

"Go away....bating"

If you get the line and the film it came from you may understand why.

If you dont get it then this should help...

"Company is crap, games they make are crap...I would never buy another game from...Oh shiny...take my money"

Kalmarth

Advanced Member

12/06/12 6:04:45 PM#32
Originally posted by Karteli

New project .. maybe it's a reference to the "Super Secret Space Project" freeroam space for SWTOR?

EA doing MMORPG's has been rather disasterous, and they are probably wondering how to recoup lost time and money from SWTOR rather than trying to dig another hole somewhere else.

EA just lacks the skill, motivation, and innovation to be successful as anything more than a hype publishing company.  /shrug

new project =/= new game

KoToR, Sims (which is one of the largest selling games of all time), Lost count of all of there sports games.

Yes I agree EA has no skills in game making, Love post like this show just how stupid people are!

Nothing has been talked about on this project and its getting burnt down before it starts, these forums are now just people that want to QQ and QQ more, kind of sad that this site has come to this.

NorseGod

Novice Member

12/06/12 6:08:58 PM#33
Originally posted by Kalmarth

New project .. maybe it's a reference to the "Super Secret Space Project" freeroam space for SWTOR?

EA doing MMORPG's has been rather disasterous, and they are probably wondering how to recoup lost time and money from SWTOR rather than trying to dig another hole somewhere else.

EA just lacks the skill, motivation, and innovation to be successful as anything more than a hype publishing company.  /shrug

new project =/= new game

KoToR, Sims (which is one of the largest selling games of all time), Lost count of all of there sports games.

Yes I agree EA has no skills in game making, Love post like this show just how stupid people are!

Nothing has been talked about on this project and its getting burnt down before it starts, these forums are now just people that want to QQ and QQ more, kind of sad that this site has come to this.

$10 says we'll never see you post again about a month after this EA game launches (flops). Like oh so many others who have disappeared after SWTOR.

Herodes

Novice Member

Consumer

12/06/12 6:10:31 PM#34

What does EA have to do with Kotor?

NorseGod

Novice Member

12/06/12 6:14:03 PM#35
Originally posted by Herodes

What does EA have to do with Kotor?

Besides the fact that EA owns BW, nothing. Unless you have a point?

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

12/06/12 6:14:45 PM#36
A new MMO by EA? Why? What's wrong with the ones they already have?

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

Karteli

Apprentice Member

12/06/12 6:38:36 PM#37

new project =/= new game

Thank you for these insightful comments!

Oh BTW:

KoTOR : 2003, Developed by BioWare, Published by LucasArts (Prior to BioWare sale to EA in 2007, ie destruction of BioWare)

KoTOR 2: 2004/2005, Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Published by LucasArts

EA is doing a great job with FIFA, eh?

BBC Watchdog - Fifa 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2H5j9lAFBk

Well at least SWTOR isn't EA's only property to be neglected :P

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Crazy_Stick

Novice Member

12/06/12 6:53:15 PM#38

My perception of a company in gaming as a whole is a very much “what have you done for me lately” kind of thing and EA with all their studios has only managed to disappoint me when it comes to MMORPGs while leaving me feeling like I was ripped off. Therfore, I have little hope regarding a new title from them but I am still willing to look at it and give it a fair shot because I love games and have nothing on tap right now or even in the near future. So yeah, i will wait on substative information. Maybe it will be the EVE killer I have been hoping for... ;)

Dahkot72

Apprentice Member

12/06/12 7:08:08 PM#39

new project =/= new game

EA has no track record of anything positive in mmorpg game making. Period.

They have only shown how they can take good studios and IP's and make them a horrific mmorpg experience with disappointing sales.

Rydeson

Advanced Member

12/06/12 9:22:01 PM#40

What baffles me is why companies keep hiring people from broken games......  Definition of crazy = repeating the same mistake and expecting a different result..  Is there an example of good people leaving a crappy game, then someone making a great game in a new cubicle?

Just curious!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search