Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,702 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,873
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » What is your favorite feature in an MMORPG?

3 posts found
  Rossboss

Novice Member

OP  12/06/12 12:39:17 PM#1

I've played my fair share of MMORPGs, mostly free ones. I've noticed that people tend to flock to certain games because there's a new/flashy feature. What's your MMORPG of choice and what feature about the game do you like the most? The feature doesn't have to be unique or new or drastic.

My example: I enjoy RoM (Runes of Magic) and have been for a while. My favorite feature by far in any MMORPG I've played is the Elite Skills. You basically receive skills as you level up that combine your 2 active classes. For instance, if you are a druid and a rogue as your classes, your Elite skills will be based on dark or poison damage. It's very similar to the DSS Card system from Castlevania: Circle of the Moon except that the skills increasingly alter how your character plays.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

12/07/12 3:23:21 PM#2
LFR ... finally i can raid without any commitment, or file an application with a guild. More game, less work, more fun.
  GazthSonika

Novice Member

12/08/12 4:55:01 AM#3

A robust, involving but yet simple crafting system with a lot of varieties for the final product.  Cough, Ryzom.

GS