Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,662 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,978
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » Wow, just wow, the current best MMORPG is RIFT

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
59 posts found
  DavisFlight

Elite Member

11/15/12 11:01:01 PM#41
Originally posted by Foomerang

I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world!

It's sad when stuff like this, which was commonplace in 1997, now seems like  standout feature.

Bakkoda24

Advanced Member

It's a whole new game.

11/15/12 11:02:46 PM#42
Originally posted by DavisFlight
Originally posted by Stimos8
Originally posted by strangiato2112

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content

If gw2 is far off the list for lack of innovative content, how the heck is Rift on the list then?

The quantity of innovative content, as opposed to the majority. Just because a game may have more certain innovative elements to another game, does not mean that they have more overall content. Guild wars 2 cant keep you occupied to the game for more then 2 weeks, i mean you can pretty much well complete most things in that time, even if you play it very casually it might last you 2 months, still i dont see how that is a good casual game at all.

And because Rift has absolutely 0 innovative or new content, I got bored in 30 minutes.

My word, you're like a broken record.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

11/15/12 11:05:10 PM#43
Originally posted by maddhatter44

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content

If gw2 is far off the list for lack of innovative content, how the heck is Rift on the list then?

The quantity of innovative content, as opposed to the majority. Just because a game may have more certain innovative elements to another game, does not mean that they have more overall content. Guild wars 2 cant keep you occupied to the game for more then 2 weeks, i mean you can pretty much well complete most things in that time, even if you play it very casually it might last you 2 months, still i dont see how that is a good casual game at all.

And because Rift has absolutely 0 innovative or new content, I got bored in 30 minutes.

the way they approched the level of design you have with your housing is 1.

but what game do you play that is so innovative?

Not really. Only thing about Rift's housing I haven't seen elsewhere is being able to change the sky.

What innovative game do I play? Darkfall and Vanguard, and Planetside 2; and currently in the beta for Salem and Project Gorgon.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

11/15/12 11:06:49 PM#44
Originally posted by Bakkoda24

Doesn't stop me from being accurate.

Bakkoda24

Advanced Member

It's a whole new game.

11/15/12 11:20:42 PM#45

No, but when a good chunk of your post history is bashing Rift, comparing games to WoW, pointing out how games are WoW clones, or just mentioning WoW, the accuracy of your statement loses some bearing and just becomes the same comment rehashed to fit the title of a game and "WoW" in the same sentence.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

As for Rift, I am excited to read/watch some player reviews on the expansion. I toyed around with Rift Lite after not playing since the beta and was pleased with it. Hopefully I can make Age of Wushu and Rift my two sub games.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

11/15/12 11:28:30 PM#46

No, but when a good chunk of your post history is bashing Rift, comparing games to WoW, pointing out how games are WoW clones, or just mentioning WoW, the accuracy of your statement loses some bearing and just becomes the same comment rehashed to fit the title of a game and "WoW" in the same sentence.

Actually, it does the opposite. It makes me an authority on the subject of what is and is not a WoW clone :P

dead2soon

Novice Member

11/15/12 11:38:18 PM#47

Actually, it does the opposite. It makes me an authority on the subject of what is and is not a WoW clone :P

Or just a fanboy. Two sides to every coin.

User Deleted
11/16/12 12:54:16 AM#48

Originally posted by Foomerang I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world!  
It's sad when stuff like this, which was commonplace in 1997, now seems like  standout feature.

Its sad that good game mechanics are making a comeback? You sound like you're just in a bad mood heh.

Reallymj

Advanced Member

11/16/12 11:46:01 AM#49
Its funny most of the people who have negatives about any game not just rift haven't played the game for more than a month. You really don't start seeing the content until you've put atleast 2-3 months in. I've played rift since beta. I played Wow for 3 Years or more,  and about 15 others for times periods of 3-6 months to years. Leveled a character in GW2 to about 60. Like the game but don't have the time for it. Until you spend some really good quality time in a game I wonder how you can get a true idea of what the game is like. Playing the game in beta is a lot different than someone that has played it over a long period of time.

~Im not what I am~

Stimos8

Advanced Member

OP  11/16/12 4:24:40 PM#50
This is actually very funny, all this "wow clone" rubbish that people are saying. There are no such things as clones in this current genre, I could make an exact copy of wow, with different lore names but have the same content as burning crusade and call "illidan", "Pillidan" and it would still be a good game, better then the current wow atleast. Therefore yes rift has copied a lot of elements from wow, but the GOOD ones, which is a good thing? and not only have they copied but they have also added on GOOD and specific innovative features aswell.
  DavisFlight

Elite Member

11/16/12 4:28:02 PM#51
Originally posted by dead2soon

Or just a fanboy. Two sides to every coin.

A fanboy of..what? Good MMOs?

DavisFlight

Elite Member

11/16/12 4:32:25 PM#52

Originally posted by Foomerang I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world!  

Its sad that good game mechanics are making a comeback? You sound like you're just in a bad mood heh.

No, it's sad that the genre fell so far that people are pretending stuff like this is new and interesting. A feature like this wouldn't have been celebrated much back in the day.

If the whole game was innovative, that'd be worth celebrating. But it's about as stardard clone as it can be, with a few gimmicks bolted on. I can't enjoy the interesting bits without first slogging through all the boredom.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

11/16/12 4:35:17 PM#53
Originally posted by Reallymj
Its funny most of the people who have negatives about any game not just rift haven't played the game for more than a month. You really don't start seeing the content until you've put atleast 2-3 months in

Sorry, but if I have to put 100 hours into a game just to get to the part that isn't boring/is unique at all... then the game is broken.

User Deleted
11/16/12 5:31:43 PM#54

No, it's sad that the genre fell so far that people are pretending stuff like this is new and interesting. A feature like this wouldn't have been celebrated much back in the day.

If the whole game was innovative, that'd be worth celebrating. But it's about as stardard clone as it can be, with a few gimmicks bolted on. I can't enjoy the interesting bits without first slogging through all the boredom.

Whos pretending stuff like this is new? Im just glad its available. Dimensions and Hunt Rifts are a welcome addition to the game.

Should I keep replying to you? Is this something youd like to discuss? Cause if you're just venting thats cool, you dont need anyone to really reply to that.

DSWBeef

Advanced Member

11/16/12 5:42:27 PM#55

To all th people who say Rift does nothing different then wow heres a list for you:

Dimensions (housing)

Artifacts

Chronicles (solo and duo dungeons)

World events

Instant adventures

Rifts

Open class design

Rift started out as a excellant Wow clone but Trion has seen that staying a wow clone is death. They are constantly adding things to make it different then wow. Rift IMO is the PINNACLE of themepark mmos atm. Sure endgame still mostly consists of raiding but theres still more to do then in WoW. In Wow you either farm crafting mats, sit on main city waiting for queue/raid to start, or level an alt. In rift i can do Hunt Rifts, raid rifts, expert rifts, master mode dungeons, experts (heroics) collect artifacts, level and alt, work on my dimension, work on the current world event, and RAID.

Rift just offers more then Wow. 

Playing: Archeage Alpha, War Thunder, World of Tanks
Waiting on: Archeage, Wild Star, Everquest Next and The Black Desert

Entropy14

Apprentice Member

11/16/12 5:45:57 PM#56

Sorry but Rift is not the best game out there, its ok at best and some elements of the game are absolutly AMAZING !!

But sadly the combat, the world, the linear quest line ect.. makes this game so painfully boring to play that in no way is this the best MMO out there .

But opinons are just that, so if you are having a great time playing then awesome, I am glad you found a game that is a good fit for you :) enjoy your many months/years in Rift.

sleepr27

Apprentice Member

11/16/12 5:48:21 PM#57
I'm trying RIFT Lite and im having a blast... i used to dislike the setting of the game, but its growing on me. The game is just full of features and content and it was released a year and a half ago, pretty incredible! 
  Rydeson

Elite Member

11/17/12 4:59:48 AM#58
Originally posted by Epic1oots
The best current MMO? I dont know where you get that idea from, but to each their own. Maybe I was too overly excited for Rift at launch; bought 2 games and subbed the 6 month deal and only ended up playing only 2months.....

I feel your pain.. I and friends felt the same way.. We bought the game, played one character to max... Since none of us enjoy the raid hamster wheel (WoW end game), we stopped playing Rift because plaing an alt was too painful to level, and the promosed dynamic rifts fell short of expectations..  IMO, GW2 does a better job at DE's The game is broken into 3 major groups.. The instancers, The open worlders and the PvPers.....  It's a shame the devs do not show each area equal attention.. From where I sit the instancers (dungeons and raids) get a lion's portion of the dev attention..

Whitebeards

Advanced Member

11/17/12 5:01:27 AM#59
Other than EQ2. Rift is the only other MMO which offers so much varied content and things to do. It is definietly becoming my favorite MMO. Trion is really dedicated to their game.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search