Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,643 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,230
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » RIFT goes ftp in Korea Nov 20

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  User Deleted
11/16/12 2:04:34 AM#21

If Rift went b2p or f2p and expanded that little cash shop, I'd bounce on the spot. Its hard for me to explain, but I just dont want my mmorpg to have that. I play mmos for very specific reasons that I would not hold other styles of games to. I will play pso2 and that is f2p with a cash shop and I know that sounds hypocrtical but that game is not my mmorpg. That probably doesn't make sense but thats the way it is for me heh.

User Deleted
11/16/12 2:07:24 AM#22
INTERESTING .get rift f2p here too :)
  eldaris

Apprentice Member

11/16/12 10:09:31 AM#23

Originally posted by rojo6934
]its ok, as i have said in other threads, the only reason i would resub to Rift is if Trion ever decides to cater to people who roll many alts and actually play the game for the Lore and how it relates to each race. Since this doesnt happen i dont need to resub. That doesnt mean i dont like the game of course.

Same thing here and of course to make mercenary an optional thing,I choose my faction based on lore and I don't want to play warfronts in enemy team.Of course it would have been much more lore friendly to allow faction changes after a long quest line like in eq2 too but they seem to care less about lore and rpg and more about the type of pvp players who come to mmos from fps games.Too bad the game went this way because the class system was interesting and it is one of the few games available with a bard class and without loading screens between areas.

jblah

Hard Core Member

11/16/12 12:15:33 PM#24

As a Lifetime sub in Lotro I used to not have a problem with FTP games with cash shops. Over time though I started to notice that more and more developed content went towards the cash shop and not into the game. Lotro is now a shell of its former self of when it first went FTP and everywhere you look in that game now is designed to get you to the cash shop.

Don't get me wrong I have no problems paying a company for content but the FTP system can be just as much or more than P2P games. If Rift went this FTP direction I would probably leave the game as well. B2P is basically just F2P with a 4 month sub up front which is smart for some developers as most people don't stay that long in MMO's anyway. 

I really wanted to like GW2 but these monthly events seem more like ways to push people to the cash shop which like every other game with a cash shop never seems to end well as the cash shop seems over time to get most of the developer attention. They added a cash shop interface in Rift and I am certainly curious as to what will be in there in the future. Only time will tell.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

Vannor

Advanced Member

11/16/12 12:35:12 PM#25

I want Rift to stay BTP. I think it's a great game and I don't want it and the community ruined because of a FTP change.

Hopefully, it's only going ftp over there because they are more welcoming to the ftp model than we are and it makes more business sense that way over there.

DSWBeef

Novice Member

11/16/12 6:18:29 PM#26
Rift wont go F2P anytime soon. Trion Already came out and said Rift makes more then enough to warrant P2P and with the Successful release oF SL F2P is worlds away. 

Playing: War Thunder, World of Warcraft, and Grim Dawn
Waiting on:Everquest Next and The Black Desert

2 Pages « 1 2 Search