Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,901 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,091
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » First time I made a post in here in months

9 posts found
  Reallymj

Advanced Member

OP  11/15/12 11:20:13 AM#1

My thread got locked.

Was simply saying how excited I was about my favorite game. And how much fun stuf there is to do right now:

Dimensions

Warfronts

Hunt Rifts

Carnage Quests

Instant Adventures

Huge New Zones to explore

Robust Crafting System

& LOL @ other mmos.

Goodbye mmorpg.com trolls. Please do not post in my thread. I don't need people like you holding me down. I'm too busy LOL @ U.

~Im not what I am~

GeezerGamer

Elite Member

11/15/12 11:26:11 AM#2

I play Rift as well. I like the game and while I admit it's far from parfect, it's well worth the $15/mo and IMO currently the best MMO on the market.

That said: You opend a thread with "LOL@..." so, yeah, it's going to get locked. This one probably wil too.

It's the sad state of the genre. The next big title has as many threads discussing issues with it's business model than issues with the game itself.

Reallymj

Advanced Member

OP  11/15/12 11:49:57 AM#3

I normally wouldn't have posted again and walked away. But the mmorpg.com sent me an email calling me a troll. I found it offensive as I've made a total of 9 posts since 2004. I usually don't post anything here. I made a silly post and left the site. Then via personal email I got a message my thread was locked. I come back to the site to see the overwhelming rotten responses and the thread was locked. What a great community. All because I said laugh out loud. When did laughing become such a bad thing? It's not like I called anyone a bunch of ------ . Thank you and have a nice day!  :)

~Im not what I am~

Greymantle4

Elite Member

11/15/12 11:57:07 AM#4
Robust crafting system? Did they do a revamp? Their crafting system was average at best. Anyway Rift was ok if you wanted another gear grinding game / action combat. I do give them credit for adding housing even if its instanced.  A step in the right direction IMO. 
  jblah

Hard Core Member

11/16/12 2:17:50 AM#5
Originally posted by Zeppelin4
Robust crafting system? Did they do a revamp? Their crafting system was average at best. Anyway Rift was ok if you wanted another gear grinding game / action combat. I do give them credit for adding housing even if its instanced.  A step in the right direction IMO. 

While I would consider myself a big fan of Trion and Rift I have to agree on the crafting issue. My 2 only complaints with Rift is the lack of races when creating a new toon and the crafting. While the crafting system is by no means horrible, there is really nothing special about it which is unfortunate.

I like the idea of augments to further customize what you can make but I hate crafting systems when you make 10-20 of the same thing just to skill up as it seems wasteful and not fun to me. Although I have never seen a crafting system that impressed me though other than the one in Vanguard. Who knows though what Trion may decided to do as they always impress me with the new systems they add. Maybe they will change crafting as well.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR

GeezerGamer

Elite Member

11/16/12 7:55:31 AM#6
Originally posted by jblah

While I would consider myself a big fan of Trion and Rift I have to agree on the crafting issue. My 2 only complaints with Rift is the lack of races when creating a new toon and the crafting. While the crafting system is by no means horrible, there is really nothing special about it which is unfortunate.

I like the idea of augments to further customize what you can make but I hate crafting systems when you make 10-20 of the same thing just to skill up as it seems wasteful and not fun to me. Although I have never seen a crafting system that impressed me though other than the one in Vanguard. Who knows though what Trion may decided to do as they always impress me with the new systems they add. Maybe they will change crafting as well.

I agree. The crafting system is there and it works, but that's about it.

It's the sad state of the genre. The next big title has as many threads discussing issues with it's business model than issues with the game itself.

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

11/16/12 8:54:56 AM#7
Originally posted by Reallymj

My thread got locked.

Was simply saying how excited I was about my favorite game. And how much fun stuf there is to do right now:

Dimensions

Warfronts

Hunt Rifts

Carnage Quests

Instant Adventures

Huge New Zones to explore

Robust Crafting System

& LOL @ other mmos.

Goodbye mmorpg.com trolls. Please do not post in my thread. I don't need people like you holding me down. I'm too busy LOL @ U.

The reason why you will get so called trolls, is because your post contains hyperbole and you act like Rift is somehow superior to other MMORPGs.  There is no superior MMORPG, just different games for different people.

But when you talk about a 'robust crafting system', you obviously are beyond biased.  I would even say touting cranage and instant adventures is highly biased.  Oh kill 20 mob quests that start by killing a (claearly marked) mob instead of an NPC....just what MMOs have needed....

Just enjoy the game.  

GwapoJosh

Hard Core Member

11/16/12 8:59:46 AM#8

It's not crafting at all.. It's assembling.  I don't know how they can call it crafting.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

Reallymj

Advanced Member

OP  11/16/12 11:22:27 AM#9
Well for me I use crafting as a way to make plat in game. When you sell 1000s of items you don't want to spend all day on just one of them. Being able to collect the components and add whichever type of stat augment to the item is plenty of depth for me. If I want to design something I will reserve that for my dimension. I'm guessing some of you just aren't as famaliar with the crafting system. As someone that has mastered every profession between my 3 characters there is definately depth there as each one depends on the other and in turn bolsters the game economy.

~Im not what I am~