Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Citizen

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,500 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,753
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » Rift Expansion Opening cinimatic

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  Whitebeards

Advanced Member

11/13/12 7:19:02 AM#21
Originally posted by xAPOCx
Originally posted by Whitebeards
But you prefer in game footage to tell you HOW the game plays. That different from what the trailers do.

If someone wants to make there dicision to by a product based on a CGI trailer then thats what they do.

I can tell you that the CGI trailer DID help there sales of SWTOR however. Cause that cinamatic trailer hot!

Isn't that what matters? the game play? CGI only helps you buy the game, it doesn't help you last longer in game though. I have no problems with those who buy MMOS solely on basis of CGI. All i said was that they are first one to complain about gameplay not being on par with CGI.

Your speculating as to why people complain about gameplay. Truth is you dont know why people complain.

I have no problem with why you prefer ingame footage but to dismiss the power of the CGI trailer is absurd.

They are 2 different things that do 2 different things.

Now you can make a trailer useing ingame footage but it wount have nearly the emontional impact as those cgi ones.

I am just going by the posts on forums and how people often say that gameplay was nothing like CGI. Saw it in case of SWTOR as well as FFXIV.

In my own opinion. Buying a game just on basis of CGI without doing any research into actual gameplay is the most stupid thing. And if these people later complain and feel ripped off, they deserve it.

xAPOCx

Novice Member

11/13/12 7:30:16 AM#22
But you prefer in game footage to tell you HOW the game plays. That different from what the trailers do.

If someone wants to make there dicision to by a product based on a CGI trailer then thats what they do.

I can tell you that the CGI trailer DID help there sales of SWTOR however. Cause that cinamatic trailer hot!

Isn't that what matters? the game play? CGI only helps you buy the game, it doesn't help you last longer in game though. I have no problems with those who buy MMOS solely on basis of CGI. All i said was that they are first one to complain about gameplay not being on par with CGI.

Your speculating as to why people complain about gameplay. Truth is you dont know why people complain.

I have no problem with why you prefer ingame footage but to dismiss the power of the CGI trailer is absurd.

They are 2 different things that do 2 different things.

Now you can make a trailer useing ingame footage but it wount have nearly the emontional impact as those cgi ones.

I am just going by the posts on forums and how people often say that gameplay was nothing like CGI. Saw it in case of SWTOR as well as FFXIV.

In my own opinion. Buying a game just on basis of CGI without doing any research into actual gameplay is the most stupid thing. And if these people later complain and feel ripped off, they deserve it.

i can agreee with you on your last point. But i think a majority of MMOers do more research then just seeing a cgi trailer. If anything the trailer will get them interesed in finding out more about that game.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search