Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,183 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,849
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » Rift community

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  10/07/12 12:26:48 AM#21
Originally posted by magisbladius
Originally posted by 7star

bunch of words

1. You punish the group for playing support. You don't learn anything that you couldn't do by yourself by playing support in 5-mans

2. Looting should only take 1 click from any of the party members. One click loots loots multiple mobs at the same tme.  You don't have to stop anything for looting. On the chance a blue or purple drops, it does not take more than 5s to hit Need or Greed

I don't understand what you are saying here.  Could you expand on your idea a bit? I don't know what your point is for either 1 or 2.  

But if you're just going to hate on people in the thread, don't bother.

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

10/07/12 12:28:51 AM#22
Originally posted by GoodAfternoon
Originally posted by FrodoFragins
How elitist is it?  My assumption is that it's pretty elitist as it seems to focus on end game raids.

Not really,  if you have the hit/focus required you won't get fucked with in raids because of low dps or something like that, which I find different from World of Warcraft.

The community in Rift is pretty good in my opinion. There are a few bad apples but not nearly as much as other mmo's I've played. 

No dps meters?

sumdumguy1

Elite Member

10/07/12 12:35:49 AM#23
I went back to Rift and honestly after about hour I realized why I left.  It feels like I am going backwards when I go back to that game and the reasons why I left in the first place come rushing back.
  GeezerGamer

Elite Member

It's a combination of Nightingale Armor with the Mod Truebound Deadric Armors

10/07/12 12:56:20 AM#24
Originally posted by strangiato2112
Originally posted by GeezerGamer
If you tell someone they can roll as a Bard

Unless its been changed, the dungeon finder lets you roll as support.  So the group really has no right to tell you what you should or should not play...provided that you are doing your job competently.  

A good support does improve the group's efficiency to mostly counteract the personal dps drop.

"...provided that you are doing your job competently."

Yes, My whole point was in response the the earlier poster who said that players in support roles get berated. Saying that you need to know what you are doing. It's not just a "fall back" role to take if you are in doubt or are undergeared. IMO, you'd be better rolling as DPS

I tried to Bard. It wasn't easy. For me, the personal game play was to close to that of a healer. Alwasy watching what's running, keeping track of timers and icons etc. In many ways, it's probably one of the harder.  Though I've never tried the other support roles such as Archon etc.

I feel that the state of the genre is such that a total and complete failure is needed so it can be reborn anew.
I'm actually hoping this new generation of 8 button MMOs will make that happen.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search