Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,339 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,973
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Rift Forum » General Discussion » no classes.

3 posts found
  Kenze

Novice Member

OP  9/29/12 12:30:33 PM#1
Rift would be 1000x better if they removed archetype restriction for souls. Allow us to combine ANY 3 souls. As it is now the archetype souls are so similar and the skills so redundant its so disappointing. what do you think?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Seelinnikoi

Hard Core Member

9/29/12 12:33:35 PM#2

Then people would find the best 3 combinations and would never play the rest of them...

Just like what happened with WoW and talent points, even though we could choose all, we would always choose what the majority had.

What choice is there really ? :(

Kenze

Novice Member

OP  9/29/12 12:40:25 PM#3
Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Then people would find the best 3 combinations and would never play the rest of them...

Just like what happened with WoW and talent points, even though we could choose all, we would always choose what the majority had.

What choice is there really ? :(

but if there is an obvious best 3 souls then those 3 archetype souls would will still be the main ones everyone plays in the current system. you may have 2 other "warrior" souls but 1 is the Best.. at least if they removed the restrictions there would be more diversity and fun custom builds... i dont know.. as i said i just found most of the souls to similar and redundant that having 3 of them is a waste.. there are skills from the 2 other souls that i never use because that 1 souls does the exact same thing but maybe a little better.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze