Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,817,807 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,203
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » MMORPG.com Forum Titles!

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
130 posts found
  Taera

Community Manager

OP  2/29/08 11:29:45 AM#81

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I have been keeping up with this thread and I have been wondering, why isn't there a title for Off-Topic Posters. 1st comes Off-topic, then second Open Beta, and third is General. Where is the love for Off-Topic posters?

-EDIT-

I just remember some time ago about a group of old members talking about a title. I think it was Core Member. I honestly can't remember much about it though.

"Hardcore Member" is a default title given if you have 5(?) stars :)

I haven't added any off-topic titles yet, toss me an email if you have any ideas!

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

Gunharp

Novice Member

3/11/08 10:47:59 PM#82

Originally posted by Flem
Sheesh, they try to implement something a little different and all the naysayers pop out of the woodwork. Whats the big deal?
Anyways, nice idea Taera, keep up the good work.

Never Forget - The woodwork! Haha flem. It's a big deal when you think somone is wrong on the internet remember? lol

When I saw this, I could not help but think of one of those long forgotten LOTRO developer interviews or preview of the game when they talked about titles, and how unique you'll be etc.

I like it, nice little trophy's for good work. I think the only nay say I could come up with is; that there is no reward for the "vets" that have helped out a long time ago or something.

I believe it should just stick to writing guides, and technical work. Things that clearly "help" or be measurable. An off-topic trophy sounds...like it wouldn't really work...relationship advice trophy? pah-lease :/

Gunharp

Novice Member

3/12/08 1:33:27 AM#83

Originally posted by Vendayn
A title called "Veteran" would actually be pretty cool for members that have been here a long time

You already have one! It's your registration date. lol.

AmazingAvery

Age of Conan Advocate

The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.

3/12/08 2:06:17 AM#84

Wonder whats next after Smart-Alek !!

Sorry skipped couple pages on the thread, but what if you added it titles for bloggers? maybe based on views or something?

Conan Vids Corsair 800d Case/i7 930 @ 4.4ghz/EVGA x58 760 Classified/Corsair Dominator 12GB 1600/Corsair HX1000 PSU/GTX 580x2/Intel X25-M SSD/2x WD 1TB Blacks/Corsair H90 cooler / 1x 28" 1900x1200 monitor/ G-19 Keyboard/ G500 mouse

User Deleted
3/12/08 2:46:04 AM#85

I want "Shady Dev Interrogator".

Edit: I would have said "Resident Pessimist", but I do sometimes find things I like lol.

gbmad

Novice Member

3/13/08 3:59:06 AM#86

Taera, you're too smart

Godliest

Defender of Ascalon

"There''s a time and a place for everything, and it''s called college." - Chef

3/27/08 7:01:48 AM#87

Originally posted by gbmad
Taera, you're too smart

Sorry to tell you that the chances of you getting a title for saying that are fairly low, otherwise this thread would be spammed with "I Wuv U!" comments.

Taera

Community Manager

OP  4/30/08 10:55:14 AM#88

Congrats to Godliest, newest title holder! :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

Tiller

Guide

5/01/08 8:15:12 PM#89
Originally posted by Godliest

Taera, you're too smart

Sorry to tell you that the chances of you getting a title for saying that are fairly low, otherwise this thread would be spammed with "I Wuv U!" comments.

I claim the  "Epic Smartass" tittle

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

mike470

General Correspondent

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand" - Randy Pausch

5/01/08 8:30:09 PM#90

Originally posted by tillamook

Taera, you're too smart

That would suit you well

Mabye I could be "the person who posts pictures of pie and ugly people" ever since that last thread .

On a more serious not however, I wrote a guide for Renaissance.  Perhaps "The House Holder" would go well with the game (since players join houses when they play)..meh, I dunno.  I'm not very creative

Tiller

Guide

5/01/08 8:35:20 PM#91
Originally posted by mike470

Taera, you're too smart

That would suit you well

Mabye I could be "the person who posts pictures of pie and ugly people" ever since that last thread .

On a more serious not however, I wrote a guide for Renaissance.  Perhaps "The House Holder" would go well with the game (since players join houses when they play)..meh, I dunno.  I'm not very creative

"Master of the House"???

mike470

General Correspondent

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand" - Randy Pausch

5/01/08 8:39:35 PM#92

Originally posted by mike470

Taera, you're too smart

That would suit you well

"Master of the House"???

Sure  

xoblivionxx

Novice Member

5/11/08 4:26:55 AM#93

Great idea! This will definitely stop people from spamming their posts on the forums just to get a high post count!

Godliest

Defender of Ascalon

5/12/08 7:37:39 AM#94

Originally posted by xoblivionxx
Great idea! This will definitely stop people from spamming their posts on the forums just to get a high post count!

Indeed; now everyone will start spamming their threads all over the forums resulting in a endless flow of stickies.

Zartyzzo

Novice Member

5/14/08 10:19:27 AM#95

It would be cool if you could make a custom title.

Do you agree with this post?

Yes.
No.
I dont know.
PACMAN WOOHOO!!!!!
(login to vote)
  xoblivionxx

Novice Member

5/15/08 7:08:46 AM#96

definitely, but i guess there should be like perimeters surrounding your title as you cant just call yourself admin or something,..

Godliest

Defender of Ascalon

5/15/08 12:12:45 PM#97

Sometimes, generic titles just aren't thanks enough for the work our users put in. Submit enough guides and you might find yourself with the oppertunity to design a custom title (approval by Communty Manager required)!

It's always good to read through the entire first post before posting suggestions or comments; however good any of those may be.

Tiller

Guide

5/17/08 9:38:28 PM#98

What would be even better is a type of forum PvP.  Do something bad and you make yourself overt to other posters. They can change your title to anything they want and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Of course it should be preselected titles, and it should only last maybe a few days just so there isn't any hard feelings. We gotta show some love for teh Carebears! 

tigris67

Guide

"You know what happened to the man that got everything he ever wanted? He lived happily ever after"

8/01/08 11:30:46 PM#99

Are the forum titles still being updated/discovered and given out, or has this practice been neglected or abandoned since it was begun? Just curious because I personally love(ed) it.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

User Deleted
8/01/08 11:38:08 PM#100

I defy this sites' staff to assign me a title befitting my personality without resorting to cussing.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search