Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,073 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,536
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » MMORPG.com Forum Titles!

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
130 posts found
  bezado

Advanced Member

*WARNING*
Objects in mirror are closer to Trolls than they appear.

12/24/07 7:25:20 PM#41
Originally posted by Taera

Oooh, I love the idea of techie titles!

Yeah it would be nice.

Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/27/07 10:34:51 PM#42

Update!

Custom Titles

Sometimes, generic titles just aren't thanks enough for the work our users put in.  Submit enough guides and you might find yourself with the oppertunity to design a custom title (approval by Communty Manager required)!

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

tigris67

Guide

"You know what happened to the man that got everything he ever wanted? He lived happily ever after"

12/28/07 7:13:12 PM#43

Update!

Custom Titles

Sometimes, generic titles just aren't thanks enough for the work our users put in.  Submit enough guides and you might find yourself with the oppertunity to design a custom title (apporval by Communty Manager required)!

Well thats Neat! Neato Tostito!

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

Qaze

Novice Member

Eat purple!

12/29/07 9:39:32 AM#44

Can I have a title for asking for one?

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
WinRAR.rar
Mudkip Video

Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

ianubisi

Novice Member

E: 86% A: 60%
S: 46% K: 6%

12/31/07 12:50:24 PM#45

I don't much care for this idea.

summitus

Novice Member

12/31/07 1:01:37 PM#46
Originally posted by ianubisi

I dont care for it much either, sort of segregates the the thousands of casual poster's , after all its the the casual poster's that keep sites like this going'

Xexima

Novice Member

Cogito, ergo sum

1/01/08 3:39:14 PM#47

ooh.. I got one, Forum Troll?   huh? huh?  no?... It fits.

And since when was Praetoriani not a Mod?

Godliest

Defender of Ascalon

"There''s a time and a place for everything, and it''s called college." - Chef

1/01/08 3:56:06 PM#48

It would be sweet to have titles that aren't as "formal" as the ones listed. For example Rikimaru_X could get the title "Ninja Running From Squirrels" or "Chased by Squirrels" or something. See this to understand the title.

CaesarsGhost

Novice Member

The only difference between a Troll and a Fanboi is which side of the fence they stand on.

1/02/08 6:31:04 AM#49

"Former MMO Developer"

That's what I want.  Make it happen.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
"When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

Kayless

Advanced Member

Assholes and Elbows! Stay frosty people...

1/02/08 7:43:43 AM#50

Surely I should get one after all these years, and so little spam!!

Godliest

Defender of Ascalon

"There''s a time and a place for everything, and it''s called college." - Chef

1/02/08 12:30:01 PM#51

Originally posted by Kayless
Surely I should get one after all these years, and so little spam!!

You get the title "Where is my keyboard!?"

Draenor

Novice Member

[Insert Tool lyrics]

1/02/08 5:14:07 PM#52

I believe that the title "Self Declared Off-Topic King" would be quite fitting...or "Poster of Tool Lyrics" would work as well.

Proof that such a title is warrented:

Poster of Tool Lyrics:

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/146355

Every Single thread in which I have posted Tool lyrics...I couldn't possibly find them all

Self Declared King:

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/128468

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/127706

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/127570

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Bane82

Novice Member

1/02/08 10:57:35 PM#53

Originally posted by summitus

I dont care for it much either, sort of segregates the the thousands of casual poster's , after all its the the casual poster's that keep sites like this going'

I smell a WoW/Blizzard comparison coming lol!

Taera

Community Manager

OP  1/03/08 2:15:42 PM#54
Originally posted by summitus

Titles are not based on volume of posts; titles are based on content.  A user could sign up and have one post that just happens to be massively useful, and get a title for it :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

Aguy

Murloc

"Aguy FTW"
- Lo-Ki

1/04/08 9:40:52 PM#55

This is a great, great idea!  My only question is why titles seem to only be given to guidemakers?  There are a few other things people could get titles for.

Taera

Community Manager

OP  1/04/08 10:39:18 PM#56

The program is still fairly new, and we totally have plans to expand and include other ways to earn titles.  In fact, if you have any ideas, I implore you to share with me! :) community@mmorpg.com

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

ianubisi

Novice Member

E: 86% A: 60%
S: 46% K: 6%

1/05/08 9:50:33 AM#57

The program is still fairly new, and we totally have plans to expand and include other ways to earn titles. In fact, if you have any ideas, I implore you to share with me! :) community@mmorpg.com

I think you should do away with titles assigned by admins altogether. They smack of a "teacher's pet" stamp. Making a few people unique amongst thousands is a wonderful way to drive a wedge between a community.

summitus

Novice Member

1/06/08 10:01:23 AM#58

The program is still fairly new, and we totally have plans to expand and include other ways to earn titles. In fact, if you have any ideas, I implore you to share with me! :) community@mmorpg.com

I think you should do away with titles assigned by admins altogether. They smack of a "teacher's pet" stamp. Making a few people unique amongst thousands is a wonderful way to drive a wedge between a community.

Yeah I have to totally agree with you mate,its blatant favoritism and certainly will make some people feel inferior or less important to mmorpg.com than others. And your right its meant to be a community  not a teachers pet backslapping club.

I must admit I'm finding myself drawn to other forums more and more this one is becoming very kiddie orientated .

Munki

Novice Member

1/06/08 3:18:07 PM#59

Seems like a silly way to encourage people to write guides for these forums. But I can see why you'd do it. Guides are what pulls people in these days so if you can get some quality stuff written up it pulls in more.\

How about some seniority titles while were at it though. For those of us who've been here since the debates about when WoW beta was going to start :P

But yea, Id assume the community managed of MMORPG has some plan for this. I think stickied posts are a pretty bad way to showcase guides for games. Gamefaqs is devoid of good guides for non-asian mmorpgs if your going to encourge guide writting make a seperate section for that, and have people submit then via a different method.

Then perhaps reward titles for people who consistantly contribute positivly to discussion and stuff like that.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

Flem

Lore Seeker

Come Get Some!!

1/08/08 1:36:23 AM#60

Sheesh, they try to implement something a little different and all the naysayers pop out of the woodwork.  Whats the big deal?

Anyways, nice idea Taera, keep up the good work.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search