Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Albion Online | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,163 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,549
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » MMORPG.com Forum Titles!

7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
130 posts found
  Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/21/07 6:38:58 PM#1

As some of you may have noticed, there are a few new titles floating around the forums!

How to Get Titles

The new MMORPG.com title system rewards you for making a positive impact on the community. You can receive new titles by making helpful posts, guides, or links.

As every gamer knows, quality matters more than quantity. Please make sure your posts are legible and clear; I highly recommend a spell check pass before posting! Feel free to use screenshots (uploadable in our User Galleries) to help illustrate your point. Posts lacking in quality as decided by the MMORPG.com Community Manager (that’s me!) will not earn titles.

Titles can also be earned by having your post/blog featured in a Spotlight article. If you feel you have made a post that warrants a title, or if you have been a spotlight poster/blogger, please email community@mmorpg.com!

Example posts that have earned titles:
How to View/Change Titles

A list of all earned titles are publically displayed in your profile – take a look at Flem’s profile for a working example! To change your active title (the one that shows up on forum posts), click on the My Profile and select your title from the dropdown list.

Master Title List

Curious about what titles are available? To find them all out, you need to earn them! The below list displays the titles that have so far been unlocked. Get writing, and discover the hidden titles!

Spotlight Titles
  • Spotlight Blogger- Earned by having your blog featured as a spotlight blog.
  • Spotlight Poster- Earned by being the OP of a forum spotlight thread.
Guide Titles
  • Tabula Rasa
    • Soldier- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com Tabula Rasa section. (Discovered by Yolanda on 01/13/08)
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • Guild Wars
    • Defender of Ascalon- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com Guild Wars section.
    • Protector of Cantha- Wrote two guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com Guild Wars section.  (Discovered by Godliest on 04/30/08)
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • City of Heroes
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • City of Villains
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • Lineage II
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • EVE Online
    • Gurista- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
    • Tritanium- Wrote two guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
    • Pod Killer- Wrote three guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
    • Dreadnaught- Wrote four guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
    • CONCORD- Wrote five guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
  • World of Warcraft
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • EverQuest II
    • Lore Seeker- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com EverQuest II section.
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • Lord of the Rings Online
    • The Wary- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com LotRO section.
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • Fury
    • Reborn- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com Fury forums.
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • Final Fantasy XI
    • Carbuncle
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • SWG
    • Ewok - Wrote one guide/sticky for MMORPG.com's SWG section.
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • PlaneShift
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
  • General
    • Guide- Wrote one guide/sticky for MMORPG.com
    • Smart Alek-  Wrote two guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by tigris67 on 12/21/07)
    • Know it all- Wrote three guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
    • Master- Wrote four guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
    • Guru- Wrote five guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)

If you have title suggestions for a game not listed above, please email community@mmorpg.com.  More titles will be added over time, and new ways to earn them!

Custom Titles

Sometimes, generic titles just aren't thanks enough for the work our users put in.  Submit enough guides and you might find yourself with the oppertunity to design a custom title (approval by Communty Manager required)!

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

tigris67

Guide

"You know what happened to the man that got everything he ever wanted? He lived happily ever after"

12/21/07 8:19:19 PM#2

I must say that this is an awesome idea! Discouraging people from trying to get a high post count by saying one word and what not is always good in my book. But I had already thought they solved this whole issue with the star system. But meh, its all good, I can't wait to earn a title for myself!

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/21/07 8:30:44 PM#3

The stars are great, but the title system allows a lot more options and user customization.  While I won't give anything away, some of the titles are REALLY cool (in my opinion)!  I'll also mention who "discovered" each title on this thread :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

User Deleted
12/21/07 8:39:27 PM#4

I'll accept a "Bane of Dishonest Developers" title. Not that I have an inflated ego, or anything...........

shava

Novice Member

12/21/07 8:54:21 PM#5

lol!  Do I see influence from guildcafe.com? :)

Shava

Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/21/07 8:57:08 PM#6
Originally posted by shava

Shava

Nope; I take it they have a similar system, though?

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

shava

Novice Member

12/21/07 9:15:08 PM#7

Originally posted by Taera
Originally posted by shava

Shava

Nope; I take it they have a similar system, though?

Yup.  It's pretty nifty, actually.  You should check it out.  They are really playing up the social networking aspect of gaming, which I find pretty attractive as a social gamer.

And it's just kind of fun...

http://www.guildcafe.com/achievements/AchievementsList.php

I'm Shava over there, too.  Feel free to check it out and friend me...:)  Each site has different goals, I think, but each site could pick up a few pointers from the other.  Plaigerism being the sincerest form of flattery in social networking, you should take a peek!

Yrs,

Shava

Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/21/07 9:23:42 PM#8

Ah, cool!  I think it's a natural progression of ideas, following the MMO "quest" concept :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

tigris67

Guide

"You know what happened to the man that got everything he ever wanted? He lived happily ever after"

12/21/07 9:47:17 PM#9

I've already obtained a title?! It makes me sound a bit cocky but I suppose I won't complain! =)

Edit: One suggestion could be to change the Title of  "Guide". The first time I saw it near someone's name, It gave me the impression that they were a staff member of some sort.  Just my personal opinion there.

Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/21/07 9:51:55 PM#10
Originally posted by tigris67

I've already obtained a title?! It makes me sound a bit cocky but I suppose I won't complain! =)

Some are serious, some are bad-ass, some are funny :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

User Deleted
12/21/07 9:55:08 PM#11

Please remember, I've never done anything to you!

P.S. I also fully supported your right to a daffodil-picking dwarf.

Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/21/07 10:01:58 PM#12
Originally posted by Zorvan

You act like daffodil picking dwarves are anywhere out of the ordinary...

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

User Deleted
12/21/07 10:12:03 PM#13

You act like daffodil picking dwarves are anywhere out of the ordinary...

They are in no way out of the ordinary now, due to your stalwart stance defying the "accepted" role of the dwarf, and bringing freedom to peace loving dwarves everywhere. And perhaps my support of your worthy cause helped in it's speedy acceptance of the norm.

Praetoriani

Apprentice Member

12/22/07 4:31:28 AM#14

I like the idea, Taera.

Taera

Community Manager

OP  12/22/07 4:47:11 AM#15
Originally posted by Praetoriani

I like the idea, Taera.

Thanks Prae!!

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

Obraik

Ewok

12/22/07 6:42:09 AM#16

I'm look forward to finding out what's beyond the Ewok rank.  Although I guess it's kind of appropriate for me to have it, considering Ewok's tend to get roasted by people equipped with Flame Throwers in-game as well :P (yeah I know...bad joke lol).

Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

12/22/07 7:37:25 AM#17

I'll accept a "Bane of Dishonest Developers" title. Not that I have an inflated ego, or anything...........

I really wonder what kind of titles will hard line veterans like Zorvan or myself get ?

I would be open for a title like Bane of dishonest developers

But i know Laura holds little love for my honest ways ... so it will probably be a title with Troll in it ?

BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

12/22/07 8:19:59 AM#18

I'll have to be on my best behavior from now on :)

Now Playing: D3:RoS, Watch Dogs
Looking Towards: Destiny

tigris67

Guide

12/22/07 9:02:18 AM#19

If you have title suggestions for a game not listed above, please email community@mmorpg.com.  More titles will be added over time, and new ways to earn them!

Ack! I sent you an e-mail containing "Title names" for the MMO's already listed because I misunderstood what this actually said lol. hehe, I feel a bit stupid but just disregard those.

Question here. If someone were to write a guide for...oh lets say EQ(1). Would there be a exception and they'd be given a title from the EQ2 title selection? as it would be a little redundant to make a whole new title section for EQ(1).

vajuras

Novice Member

12/22/07 9:25:37 AM#20

good idea I think. I especially like that you included bloggers

edit- firing off email for my other request

7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search