Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,787,515 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,363
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 02/16/10)  | Pub:Mail.Ru Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Allods Online Forum » General Discussion » objectively, how is this game and how much does it cost?

10 posts found
  slowpoke68

Spotlight Poster

OP  6/15/12 4:54:19 PM#1

I remember trying this game a couple of years ago and liking the way it looked but not getting into it because I was all wowed out.

Read the re-review and am thinking of taking a peak.

One of the big complaints I see is the cash shop.

How much money do you  have to spend to play?

Also, how is the pvp?

Was disappointed with GW2 and am looking for something to play.

Thanks.

nolic1

Apprentice Member

6/15/12 4:59:05 PM#2

The game is Free upto the point where PvP comes in at lvl 25 or so after that its climbs quickly unless you can find a good guild to get into. I played this game for a good 6 months and had a blast but after dropping nearly $100 on it I said goodby still have a lvl 40 toon and a couple lvl 20+ toons there.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

huskerman34

Novice Member

6/16/12 10:29:11 AM#3

There is no need to drop any real cash into this game. Here is what you do. You can either do surveys and get awarded gpotpatos or you can invest in a dreadlord and farm your butt off. There is a currency exchange that you can use to buy gpotatos or crystals. Its a hell of lot cheaper than paying a monthly fee where there is no guarnantee that you will get runes or gear.

Edgar F Greenwood

Komandor

Apprentice Member

6/17/12 1:49:57 PM#4
Originally posted by huskerman34

There is no need to drop any real cash into this game. Here is what you do. You can either do surveys and get awarded gpotpatos or you can invest in a dreadlord and farm your butt off. There is a currency exchange that you can use to buy gpotatos or crystals. Its a hell of lot cheaper than paying a monthly fee where there is no guarnantee that you will get runes or gear.

That's what I'm doing.

Keep on rockin'!

slowpoke68

Spotlight Poster

OP  6/17/12 8:51:58 PM#5

Thanks for the replies.

I would not mind paying some, after all these game companies aren't charitable organizations.

If it came out to be about what I would pay to play a game like wow, swtor etc, I don't have a problem with that.

How is the population, is it lively enough to actually pvp while leveling?

huskerman34

Novice Member

6/18/12 6:48:53 AM#6
Originally posted by slowpoke68

Thanks for the replies.

I would not mind paying some, after all these game companies aren't charitable organizations.

If it came out to be about what I would pay to play a game like wow, swtor etc, I don't have a problem with that.

How is the population, is it lively enough to actually pvp while leveling?

Allods has been through a major overhaul. It's really fun leveling now. SInce the server merge there is a lot more people online and the the game plays really smooth even during major pvp raids. There is good population to where you can do alot of pvp. You seem to do alot of it when you reach Asee Teph. Thats when its really fun. I would recomend this game to anybody looking to play this game. You will not be disapointed.

Edgar F Greenwood

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

6/19/12 2:46:50 PM#7

Coming from Tensses, population levels on Yul are now like they used to be after the first FOD patch, which is quite decent. Mostly medium load when I log in.

Strictly speaking it doesn't cost a thing, but it will take you a lot of (poorly paid) time to get there without spending any real money on the game. Dropping a couple of $100 on the game will cut that time by a lot. The less you drop on the game, the longer it will take you.

User Deleted
8/06/12 4:32:49 PM#8

Well you certainly dont need to spend any real money up until you want to run endgame content and participate in pvp.

Theres a website that runs down how much you need to spend to get runes to a certain level...its not pretty.  I think there were 6 rune slots and to get them to like level 10 you needed $1700 per rune.  Level 13 wasnt even listed as its insane.

I think you only need level 4 runes to start endgame stuff, and with a lot of time you could get to that level in game, that is if you dont mind spending a crapload of time grinding gold and converting it to  cash shop rubies.

Game was fun mechanically, however once you realize what level runes you need and what it will take to get there...i made the decision to play a cheaper p2p game rather than get wrist deep into a game that could potenially suck down thousands of dollars easy...

And yes they do check your rune level when you want to run an endgame dungeon or participate in pvp.  Have the bare minimum which can be achieved in game and look forward to getting excluded from a lot.

I even heard that theres some raids that have yet to be completed and the reason is that the group doesnt have high enough runes, and the people who couldnt run them had level 9-10..so these people who already dropped a few thousand dollars on the game still were not able to complete that raid.

Sadly this is just the rune system, theres still jewlery slots mounts and deco stuff with stats that can be bought only in the cash shop.

Basically you cant advance though endgame content without a fist full of moeny tossed their way...and even then they reserve the very end of the game for people who have yet to fork over enough money...years after launch too...

Oh i forgot, when i left the game people were complaining how difficult it was to even farm gold since theres a ton of in game mechanics to suck away profits...in case you thought maybe you could just gold farm like a madman then convert gold into $5000 worth of rubies.

Crazy_Stick

Novice Member

8/07/12 1:29:59 AM#9
Originally posted by BigRock411

Theres a website that runs down how much you need to spend to get runes to a certain level...its not pretty.  I think there were 6 rune slots and to get them to like level 10 you needed $1700 per rune.  Level 13 wasnt even listed as its insane.

Sadly this is just the rune system, theres still jewlery slots mounts and deco stuff with stats that can be bought only in the cash shop.

I was thinking about trying out Allods with the launch of the new server tomorrow (as of this writing.) I had been trying to get a handle on how much it would cost me in the cash shop before diving in. I don't mind forking over a sub fee or an equal value to a cash shop each month with a special purchase on rare occassion. But those prices are just insane to me. Thanks for being straight forward.

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

11/24/12 7:52:44 AM#10
Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
Originally posted by BigRock411

I was thinking about trying out Allods with the launch of the new server tomorrow (as of this writing.) I had been trying to get a handle on how much it would cost me in the cash shop before diving in. I don't mind forking over a sub fee or an equal value to a cash shop each month with a special purchase on rare occassion. But those prices are just insane to me. Thanks for being straight forward.

You don't need level 10 runes to play this game, but you do need a lot of time or you'll get left behind. There are some people with level 10 runes and up, and it does make them significantly stronger than everybody else. If you can't deal with P2W then stay away from this game.

On the other hand, runes alone won't make you strong, you'll need the latest gear as well. Anyone expecting to be able to just buy himself a way to the top without putting in the time will be sorely disappointed.