Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest Next | The Repopulation

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,923 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,313,149
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 02/16/10)  | Pub:Mail.Ru Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Allods Online Forum » General Discussion » Allods has leap-frogged itself into a really good place

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
63 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 2:27:14 AM#41
Originally posted by kakkola

You can figure this guy's a fake already, he said he was going to play Allods but he's still here, that game must be a real crap if even its supporters don't try to play it.

Ha ha, I was just thinking that. But i did log in and play for about an hour. Sorry you think I'm fake man. 

cronius77

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 2:28:13 AM#42

lol an allods post .....isnt this game down to one server now ? and on its last leg? Gpotato games are expensive and well known to create drama on any site. I went back during the free mount stage about three weeks ago and I noticed they still did not bother to fix any of the core problems with the game. I did read they removed cursed items from death now so you do not have to buy that from the item shop any longer. Also who in there right mind would seriously spend 1000s of dollars on a in game item just so you can kill someone else in pvp? Anyone who does this I hope their spouse has them commited because wasting that much money on a digital item is insane. Also my gripes with Allods , ridiculous slow leveling speed made intentionally so you waste money on exp scrolls. Also the animations in combat are truely atrocious and you can tell this game is made my indie amateurs still in 3d modeling school. Just look at the hook points in combat on 3d avatars and you will see what I mean.

Rohn

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 2:28:20 AM#43
Originally posted by Luxurious

I hate to break the news to you, but there is nothing silly about me expressing excitment over a game I like and sharing my views of it. What's silly is that people would somehow come to the conclusion that I'm being paid to do it. Actually, it's not silly, it's utterly absurd, bordering on paranoid, anf further, there's nothing silly about me standing my ground when being accused of bullshitting for money. And given that Allods just released what I understand to be the most succesful upgrade in the game's history to date, I don't see how it's "coming to it's finish". You come across in your post like you're the voice of reason, but you're points (?) are weak bordering on non-existent, and what little I can cull from them is just flat out wrong.

The game was a very mediocre themepark clone at best.  Add to that the ridiculously expensive "pay to win" cash shop, and the game gained a really bad reputation, which is well deserved.

Last week they merged the last two NA servers down to one (Yul) because of extremely low population on those servers.  I think this kind of evidence refutes the claims that the game is doing well.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

cronius77

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 2:31:44 AM#44
Originally posted by Rohn

I hate to break the news to you, but there is nothing silly about me expressing excitment over a game I like and sharing my views of it. What's silly is that people would somehow come to the conclusion that I'm being paid to do it. Actually, it's not silly, it's utterly absurd, bordering on paranoid, anf further, there's nothing silly about me standing my ground when being accused of bullshitting for money. And given that Allods just released what I understand to be the most succesful upgrade in the game's history to date, I don't see how it's "coming to it's finish". You come across in your post like you're the voice of reason, but you're points (?) are weak bordering on non-existent, and what little I can cull from them is just flat out wrong.

The game was a very mediocre themepark clone at best.  Add to that the ridiculously expensive "pay to win" cash shop, and the game gained a really bad reputation, which is well deserved.

Last week they merged the last two NA servers down to one (Yul) because of extremely low population on those servers.  I think this kind of evidence refutes the claims that the game is doing well.

also to throw in my two cents ....you have to buy a mount from the cash shop which is like 10 bucks or more. On top of that you have to feed the damn thing with cash shop feed to make the thing go faster......then it takes tons of feed just to make the damn thing even 30% faster then run speed.....seriously i think this game was designed by a labor union out of russia....

kakkola

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 2:36:24 AM#45
Originally posted by kakkola

You can figure this guy's a fake already, he said he was going to play Allods but he's still here, that game must be a real crap if even its supporters don't try to play it.

Ha ha, I was just thinking that. But i did log in and play for about an hour. Sorry you think I'm fake man. 

You are confirming what I said, the game is solid crap (not liquid because it's too old) and you played for an hour only that says it all, assuming what you say it's true, I think you didn't even start the game today.

Anyway it's so evident that Allods staff uses this guy or let's call him a "character" , one normal person wouldn't be so persistent on his exxagerated claims over a game, and with so many posts.

Just drop the argument and go back to where you came, you fail.

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 2:37:20 AM#46

Obviously I disagree with your assesment regarding the quality of the game, what can I say. As far as the game dying, if that's really the case, it's a shame imo. It figures that I'd finally find "that game", only to discover it's sinking as I climb aboard. Oh well, if it is indeed dying, I'll ride it's glistening, violently shaking husk into the filthy sod. To me, the game feels vital and thriving, new, different. It's nothing like what it was when I tried it two years ago, so I just don't see it as "ending soon". I may be wrong, of course. 

IAmMMO

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 2:45:15 AM#47
Originally posted by Hokie

Should have ended with the-

"The post has been brought to you by the Allods marketing team, and the letter A."

Exactly! They didn't do a good job to pose as a player very well. The opening statements alone scream market team baiting .

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 2:51:39 AM#48

You are confirming what I said, the game is solid crap (not liquid because it's too old) and you played for an hour only that says it all, assuming what you say it's true, I think you didn't even start the game today.

Anyway it's so evident that Allods staff uses this guy or let's call him a "character" , one normal person wouldn't be so persistent on his exxagerated claims over a game, and with so many posts.

Just drop the argument and go back to where you came, you fail.

"assuming what you say it's true, I think you didn't even start the game today."

Well I did. I logged on for an hour, knocked out some quests, mostly just bullshitted with my guild. 

I'm "persitent on my exxagerated(sic) claims"? Lol... listen man, have you ever been completely honest and known that what you were saying was true, and that your intentions were totally innocent, and  yet someone was upset with you because they "knew" you were lying, even though they were wrong? You have to laugh at their anger. Not to belittle them, but simply because you know you are being on the level. That's what's happening here. I can't help but laugh. I can't look away. This reaction is just interesting to me.

BartDaCat

Apprentice Member

Gamer Forums, where "First World Problems" are our specialty!

6/12/12 2:53:21 AM#49
Originally posted by IAmMMO
Originally posted by Hokie

Should have ended with the-

"The post has been brought to you by the Allods marketing team, and the letter A."

Exactly! They didn't do a good job to pose as a player very well. The opening statements alone scream market team baiting .

I think I should start a new MMORPG.com account, then praise the holy ground that Hello Kitty Online Island Adventure walks upon.  I mean, that game is simply amazing and wonderful!

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 3:02:23 AM#50

I think I should start a new MMORPG.com account, then praise the holy ground that Hello Kitty Online Island Adventure walks upon.  I mean, that game is simply amazing and wonderful!

The difference would be, you'd be a lying sack of shit, where I was being genuine. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a hello kitty mmo if such a game even exists, I'm just saying, by proxy of your own point, you'd be lying, and you can't compare that to what I'm doing here, because I think Allods is truly a pleasure, and I have every reason to think that, because of my experience.

Bear in mind, I'm only level 18, I mean, someone suggested "let's see where you are at level 35", and that's a fair observation. But as of this writing, I love it. Does that mean I should be logged in and playing instead of typing here? Who the fuck came up with that rule?

miguksaram

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 3:08:11 AM#51

This thread delivers, thank you OP!

redcap036

Advanced Member

6/12/12 3:12:54 AM#52
Hi, Ok I'll start by saying that I believe you when you say your not form the, "company" I believe you when you say you’re just a new found player who has fallen in luv with the game, I know I've been in those shoes with this game as well, played an Orc called Blaxjager guild master of the MISFITZ Guild,( it died out a while ago) on the nebez,( sum'thin called like that) server, played up to level 46 for the empire, luved playing it still log in now and then just to check up, can't even remember why I stopped playing, might even come back soon-ish,
                                  but I think you may have got one thing wrong about the game and that would be the runes, the runes at low level are not that expensive or for that matter that important, but when you get up to the higher levels of the game I think you will find them to be very expensive, I would like it if you went back to their site and read up and asked more about how the runes work and  their cost, then come back and tell me how much it would cost you to raise your runes to level 7 runes or higher if you like.
  BartDaCat

Apprentice Member

Gamer Forums, where "First World Problems" are our specialty!

6/12/12 3:14:37 AM#53

The difference would be, you'd be a lying sack of shit, where I was being genuine. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a hello kitty mmo if such a game even exists, I'm just saying, by proxy of your own point, you'd be lying, and you can't compare that to what I'm doing here, because I think Allods is truly a pleasure, and I have every reason to think that, because of my experience.

Bear in mind, I'm only level 18, I mean, someone suggested "let's see where you are at level 35", and that's a fair observation. But as of this writing, I love it. Does that mean I should be logged in and playing instead of typing here? Who the fuck came up with that rule?

Now now!  No need to be a hypocrite!  Hello Kitty Online Adventure really does exist, and there are a plethora of cute Asain girls that really do believe it's amazing and wonderful!  Who are you to refute my claims?  Such vulgar negativity!  My Goodness!

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 3:19:49 AM#54
Originally posted by redcap036
Hi, Ok I'll start by saying that I believe you when you say your not form the, "company" I believe you when you say you’re just a new found player who has fallen in luv with the game, I know I've been in those shoes with this game as well, played an Orc called Blaxjager guild master of the MISFITZ Guild,( it died out a while ago) on the nebez,( sum'thin called like that) server, played up to level 46 for the empire, luved playing it still log in now and then just to check up, can't even remember why I stopped playing, might even come back soon-ish,
                                  but I think you may have got one thing wrong about the game and that would be the runes, the runes at low level are not that expensive or for that matter that important, but when you get up to the higher levels of the game I think you will find them to be very expensive, I would like it if you went back to their site and read up and asked more about how the runes and how they work and cost, then come back and tell me how much it would cost you to raise your runes to level 7 runes or higher if you like.

Hey Red. Wow, this post is like an oasis, compared to the rest. Hey, maybe I'm wrong and Allods is a money sink for runes toward end game, I will look into it and post my findings here. Admittedly, I've only got my runes up to level 3, and I can see where either further sums of money or gold farming would be needed to create higher level runes. I don't want to come across like money is no issue to me, obviously it's always an issue even when you have lots of it, but I really don't feel bothered by the cash shop, it feels like "investments" rather than being saddled by a subscription. I think it actually adds to the flavor of the game, as ridiculous as that might sound. I mean, when you buy a mount, it's something you paid for... it's like a possession, it lends it more weight then a drop in a dungeon, etc. Do you know what I mean?

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 3:27:05 AM#55
Originally posted by BartDaCat

Now now!  No need to be a hypocrite!  Hello Kitty Online Adventure really does exist, and there are a plethora of cute Asain girls that really do believe it's amazing and wonderful!  Who are you to refute my claims?  Such vulgar negativity!  My Goodness!

No hypocrosy here, I didn't know it existed. I'm happy you know about it. Like I said, if you came on genuinely excited, and had something to offer regarding the game's merits, then you'd be comparable to me, in this context. But you didn't, and you don't, and you're not.

By the way, I have a lot of lesbian friends who swear by Hello Kitty related products (hats, lunch pails, etc.), so "cute asian girls" will have to make room for large, chain-smoking, ass-kicking dykes in the Hello Kitty Universe. 

redcap036

Advanced Member

6/12/12 3:32:18 AM#56
                                  but I think you may have got one thing wrong about the game and that would be the runes, the runes at low level are not that expensive or for that matter that important, but when you get up to the higher levels of the game I think you will find them to be very expensive, I would like it if you went back to their site and read up and asked more about how the runes and how they work and cost, then come back and tell me how much it would cost you to raise your runes to level 7 runes or higher if you like.

Hey Red. Wow, this post is like an oasis, compared to the rest. Hey, maybe I'm wrong and Allods is a money sink for runes toward end game, I will look into it and post my findings here. Admittedly, I've only got my runes up to level 3, and I can see where either further sums of money or gold farming would be needed to create higher level runes. I don't want to come across like money is no issue to me, obviously it's always an issue even when you have lots of it, but I really don't feel bothered by the cash shop, it feels like "investments" rather than being saddled by a subscription. I think it actually adds to the flavor of the game, as ridiculous as that might sound. I mean, when you buy a mount, it's something you paid for... it's like a possession, it lends it more weight then a drop in a dungeon, etc. Do you know what I mean?

Most of the cash shop is fine and just sells normal stuff at normal prices, but the runes in the long run get very exspensive and you do need them to be competative in this game, other wise you will just get wiped in PvP everytime, (starts about level 20 or so) i stopped playing when my mates gave up, which was a pity becuase I have a full battleship upgraded and all ready to go, all I need is a good crew that are willing to setup a voice channel, ( pity your one of them leguer's) if you change sides let me know.

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 3:40:59 AM#57

Most of the cash shop is fine and just sells normal stuff at normal prices, but the runes in the long run get very exspensive and you do need them to be competative in this game, other wise you will just get wiped in PvP everytime, (starts about level 20 or so) i stopped playing when my mates gave up, which was a pity becuase I have a full battleship upgraded and all ready to go, all I need is a good crew that are willing to setup a voice channel, ( pity your one of them leguer's) if you change sides let me know.

Well, at 100%+ experience, I'll probably hit 20 next time I log in, and I guess I'll learn the hard way. But plenty of people have made it to end game, and as far as I can tell, the end game stuff just looks totally awesome. Massive battleships duking it out in the astral plane? Yes please. As far as changing sides goes... movement mechanics are pure gold to me in an MMO, and the gibberlings have a kind of fluidity that melts me;  I just love the way they "handle".  I tried to level a mele healer (Arisen) on your side of the moon, but I just couldn't stick with it. The gibberlings saved Allods for me, to a degree. Of course, that'll matter little when I'm commanding a battleship. 

I might roll in and say hi, however. Thanks for the feedback. 

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 4:07:11 AM#58

I stand corrected, it is on the expensive side to max out runes. I had used math based on my level, but the numbers build exponentially toward end game. I suggested earlier that it would cost less than paying for a year's subscription to WoW, but it would cost more. It's certainly not a game killer for me, but I did want to indicate that I didn't know what I was talking about in my earlier posts regarding costs. 

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

6/12/12 4:14:09 AM#59

This game has auto-move?

So you get a quest and you press a button and your character auto walks there.. I mean WTF that in itself destroys the game.

From what i remember as well the classes where race locked? again fail..

Other than that it played a lot like WOW.. and for me thats another fail..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

CyclopsSlayer

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 4:14:46 AM#60

Is Allods still P2W? While you could play just fine until about L30 and never touch the cash shop, post then you would need to buy Incense and materials to make the enchantment runes or you really couldn't  compete.

Some of the mechanics were fun, but the costs ($) to keep a char in top form were simply ungodly. Calculated on day that the cost to make a single L10 rune would run to around $1200 for 95% chance build.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search