Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,272 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,771
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 02/16/10)  | Pub:Mail.Ru Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Allods Online Forum » General Discussion » Allods has leap-frogged itself into a really good place

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
63 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  6/11/12 10:27:56 PM#21

If anyone has managed to wade through the "I'm a shill" bs, trust me, I'm definitely not gaining anything by posting my opinions here other than satisfying myself with knowing that maybe someone will feel the same way. Etc., etc.

remyburke

Advanced Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

6/11/12 10:33:23 PM#22
Originally posted by jdlamson75

$dollA

That's all I saw the first time I looked at the name.  Then I read about the P2W, and thought I might be on to something...

Haha that's too funny. The first time I saw the name Allods, I thought it said Dollas Online. Not too far from the truth, ironically enough.

MMORPG.com member: 10th Year Anniversary. Where has the time gone...?

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

User Deleted

OP  6/11/12 10:34:01 PM#23

One last comment: I'm going to go play Allods now! Good night. 

Ashen_X

Apprentice Member

6/11/12 10:42:01 PM#24
Originally posted by Luxurious
Originally posted by VPgearchin

the game did have too much potential, let many testers down when it came to the game going live, FOD, the curse system, the implementation of a grindier lvls, insence is needed for everything, and the rune system, I dont want to start on the rune system, very cash shop oriented play.

Have you tried it recently? And my new stance on cash shops: how much do you spend on subscriptions a year?  I've looked into how much it'll take to get maxxed out in runes, and if you employ just a bit of savvy, it's certainly a lot less than you'd pay on an entire year's subcription, by a long stretch.

Let's say you don't have a credit card and you buy game cards. What's the difference between spending 30 dollars on a game-time card for two months of play and spending 30 dollars on a gpotatoes card that you can redeem in the cash store at your leisure? Now take this over the course of a year. Do you really think you need to spend over $180 a year in the cash shop to be competitive? Hell no.

What happens at day 31 in your comparison between a sub fee and a pay to win cash shop ? The P2W option means that they have the benefit of that full $180 you are comparing them to immediately.

The sub fee game doesnt allow you to pay a full year's subscription up front in order to be max level, max gear, etc from day one. The cash shop allows you have $180 worth of advantage over others right away.

The difference is pretty significant.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

karmath

Novice Member

6/11/12 11:00:27 PM#25

Sigh.

Razeekster

Spotlight Poster

May the game be ever in your favor.

6/11/12 11:36:46 PM#26

This OP is exaggerating way too much. Allods Online is not as great as he is claiming. They still have the problem with the P2W cash shop, not to mention the leveling curve is annoyingly slow. This is coming from someone who enjoys taking his time. I'd love to say great stuff about Allods Online. I just can't do it. It would be a great game if they fixed some stuff with it, but as it is now it's not as great as the OP is trying to make it sound. Not even half as great.

Smile

User Deleted
6/11/12 11:42:03 PM#27

Its a good game at its core.

However youll soon realize the epic in game gold farming needed to convert gold into cash shop currency in order to exponentially combine runes.

Lack of runes will get you shunned come endgame.

http://allods-wiki.gpotato.com/wiki/Runes

100gpots per 1 dollar

for instance a level 11 rune would cost $1157.16 per and i think theres 6 rune slots...so yeah

Runes give a flat damage and defense % bonus so its vital for competative pvp.

This excludes all the deco stuff and utility/convienience cash shop items people want to spend money on.

Its the worst incarnation of the cash shop, and its gotten apparently a few hundred times better.

Yes you can farm the gold and make your own runes within reason, as its pretty hard to actually farm gold later on, theres a lot of gold sinks.

Would have been a devent F2P or a cash shop game that simply dropped a rune during raid boss fights or what have you, they are combined in an exponential fashion so you need tons to combine, and its not the actual rune but the stuff you need fromt he CS to combine them that gets you...also you need a TON of in game gold as well to do it...so remove that trash and make runes drops and keep the deco outfits hats wings and other stuff as cash shop..and this game isnt half bad.

Oh and its starting to show its age look wise...as much as people are clamoring for a game looking like another older game graphics wise...its crisper graphics but lacks modern graphic technology...and looks really cartoony ect.

You basically reach a pointin this game where you realize that your only going to be able to aquire the bare min runes for endgame in a reasonable amount of time (like 6-12 months of farming) and at that point you realize how much cash you have to fork over to compete for endgame group spots and pvp...and you either pay the 4-5 thousand dollars or you move on.  This is why the population is so very small.

Cephus404

Novice Member

6/11/12 11:45:06 PM#28

The only problem I hsve with Allods is it's too damn Russian.  For a fantasy world, everything is writtn in Russian, the music is painfully Russian.  All I can think of when playing the game is The Hunt For Red October.  Otherwise, not a bad game.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
Now Playing: None
Hope: None

User Deleted
6/11/12 11:46:25 PM#29

I guess the best way to decide if he is a viral marketeer is to go try the game again and see if its really better.

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

6/12/12 12:37:40 AM#30

You joined just to post about Allods?  I'm sorry, but I don't see this as anything but dubious.

GrayImpact

Hard Core Member

6/12/12 12:39:15 AM#31

So.. Do you still have to buy stuff from the cash shop everytime you get a death penalty?

>_>

BartDaCat

Advanced Member

Gamer Forums, where "First World Problems" are our specialty!

6/12/12 12:48:11 AM#32
Originally posted by Sorrow

I guess the best way to decide if he is a viral marketeer is to go try the game again and see if its really better.

Hmm... going to have to pass on this one.

It felt like a "WoW Clone" experience when I was playing it during beta, and from what I heard, the entire game is designed around the cash shop and the need to use it in order to progress, and my friends hated how dependent they felt on it. 

No thank you.

kakkola

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 12:53:42 AM#33

I've played this game some days ago it's still PAY TO WIN, the game itself sucks, moderators and managers are incompetent and the graphic really looks like in the 80s' lol

This guy is someone affiliated with the Allods staff because he and his friends are mad at me because I logged into Allods and I said the truth about it being P2W and dumb and all and I suggested GW2 as the best choice for everyone lol now I am glad they  got angry, suck on it! xD

finally we can stop playing these crap games GUILD WARS 2 FTW! BETA WEEKEND WAS AMAZING!

Cheers.

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 1:00:10 AM#34
Originally posted by FrodoFragins

You joined just to post about Allods?  I'm sorry, but I don't see this as anything but dubious.

How is it "dubious"?? You people are laughable!

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 1:04:41 AM#35
Originally posted by kakkola

I've played this game some days ago it's still PAY TO WIN, the game itself sucks, moderators and managers are incompetent and the graphic really looks like in the 80s' lol

This guy is someone affiliated with the Allods staff because he and his friends are mad at me because I logged into Allods and I said the truth about it being P2W and dumb and all and I suggested GW2 as the best choice for everyone lol now I am glad they  got angry, suck on it! xD

finally we can stop playing these crap games GUILD WARS 2 FTW! BETA WEEKEND WAS AMAZING!

Cheers.

Jesus Christ, this entire thread is so fucking hilarious. First of all, I am not affiliated with Allods, I have no fucking clue who you are, and noone that I personally know even plays online games, let alone an obscure, un-advertised game like Allods. So you are a complete nutcase! LOL! 

fenistil

Novice Member

6/12/12 1:09:28 AM#36

Ok. Just stop.

This whole thread is beyond hilarious and most OP post is.

Seriously this game is coming to it's finish and righfully so.

Not recommending it to anyone.

Also stop with GW2 sillyseness.

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 1:20:14 AM#37
Originally posted by fenistil

Ok. Just stop.

This whole thread is beyond hilarious and most OP post is.

Seriously this game is coming to it's finish and righfully so.

Not recommending it to anyone.

Also stop with GW2 sillyseness.

-----

I hate to break the news to you, but there is nothing silly about me expressing excitment over a game I like and sharing my views of it. What's silly is that people would somehow come to the conclusion that I'm being paid to do it. Actually, it's not silly, it's utterly absurd, bordering on paranoid, anf further, there's nothing silly about me standing my ground when being accused of bullshitting for money. And given that Allods just released what I understand to be the most succesful upgrade in the game's history to date, I don't see how it's "coming to it's finish". You come across in your post like you're the voice of reason, but you're points (?) are weak bordering on non-existent, and what little I can cull from them is just flat out wrong.

BartDaCat

Advanced Member

Gamer Forums, where "First World Problems" are our specialty!

6/12/12 1:20:14 AM#38

Cheers.

Jesus Christ, this entire thread is so fucking hilarious. First of all, I am not affiliated with Allods, I have no fucking clue who you are, and noone that I personally know even plays online games, let alone an obscure, un-advertised game like Allods. So you are a complete nutcase! LOL! 

Nah!  You should just expect this kind of backlash for slinging praise for such a craptastic game that's totally based off generating LOTS of revenue from its cash shop.  But hey, your goal is accomplished, you have people discussing it, they're just not jumping up and down for joy like you wanted them to.

kakkola

Apprentice Member

6/12/12 1:23:51 AM#39

You can figure this guy's a fake already, he said he was going to play Allods but he's still here, that game must be a real crap if even its supporters don't try to play it.

User Deleted

OP  6/12/12 1:26:26 AM#40
Originally posted by BartDaCat

Cheers.

Nah!  You should just expect this kind of backlash for slinging praise for such a craptastic game that's totally based off generating LOTS of revenue from its cash shop.  But hey, your goal is accomplished, you have people discussing it, they're just not jumping up and down for joy like you wanted them to.

It's one thing to disagree with me on the merits (or lack thereof) of the game, but to suggest I'm in the pocket of the game makers is kind of going over the top. I don't have any expectation about "forum response", but frankly I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of originality, and certainly in the negativity. The fact is, I think Allods is the shit, and it's not like I'm coming off of rune quest or something (no offense to rq'ers); I mean, I'm a jaded WoW whore who has been kind of searching for that "first time" glow, and I'm just as shocked as the next mofo that I found it in Allods. Trust me, I'm shocked, but I can't deny it, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. You obviously have a very different view/experience of the game then I do. 

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search