Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Marvel Heroes

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,851 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,623
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 02/16/10)  | Pub:Mail.Ru Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Allods Online Forum » General Discussion » Gpotato is the WORST COMPANY by far- DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
55 posts found
  wyldmagik

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/12/07
Posts: 273

12/26/12 9:04:26 PM#41
It makes me sad to think that the EU end of Age of Wushu has a 50% chance of being run by Gpotato as well. :/
  feroshus

Novice Member

Joined: 3/15/12
Posts: 84

12/26/12 9:24:12 PM#42
Yeah same old crap from Gpotato, it's absolutely pathetic that they still put those buggy patches in straight from the RU server, then watch them cause the same problems for players here that they did in Russia when they were first released. Same thing with the childish GMs when I played. Their responses to player concerns were sometimes just laughable. This game is a bad joke at this point, if you payed them money it's your own fault lol
  CyclopsSlayer

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/31/04
Posts: 532

12/26/12 9:29:53 PM#43

Never had to deal with Allods Customer support, thank the gods. The cash shop was bad enough.

You could play to ~L30 purely PvE, beyond that you were in contested zones. Fighting PvP you really would need your daily Incense(CS), OFF & DEF enchantments (also CS to craft). The enchants didn't look too bad at first, +1, +2, +3 a couple dollars each in CS mats, but the cost followed a geometric scale 3x +1's to make a +2, 3x +2's to make a 3 etc... and of course the combine isn't a 100% success. 

One day I calculated that assuming 100% at every step, the minimum cost to get a +10 Rune was something like $1100.

Now you can go to like +12 or 14 I beleive I heard, no idea what the total in todays costs would be.

  GrayGhost79

Novice Member

Joined: 8/30/08
Posts: 4889

12/26/12 9:45:10 PM#44

Well OP this is why gamers don't like dealing with Gpotato. As soon as it's discovered they are going to have anything to do with a game the game loses an enormous amount of players instantly. 

  Razperil

Novice Member

Joined: 9/13/04
Posts: 307

Everything has it's time and its place, know yours?

12/26/12 10:51:47 PM#45
Originally posted by Crunchy222

Everyone knows gpotato is crap.  thats not really debatable, every game they touch turns to a crappy, spammer infested, game with an insanely overpriced cash shop.

 

the OP is obviously a drama queen and probably took things too far and was banned with reason.

 

It should be known i guess, given the unprofessional "gm responding to crazy poster thread", that people who play while traveling should probably avoid any gpotato game, as well as people who move a lot ect.  Support staff taking a fight with a deranged child to a 3rd party forum is super ameture btw.

Bottom line is this game is built for massive cash shop use, i mean insane, i had posted here a while back the wiki page breaking down how much real money a rune costs, granted you could get it to a very low level without spending, however the nature of runes makes it exponential, and the community DOES shun players without high level runes at endgame.  If my memory serves me your looking to spend a few thousand per rune to participate in endgame stuff, you wont be grinding that in game btw.

 

Game has interesting and unique aspects to it, ruined by the rune system (game would be fine with just the deco, jewlery slots, and convienience items int he cash shop)

Further ruined by a horrible publisher.

 

Personally, id rather buy a few life time subs to average p2p mmorpgs than dump $5000 into a game thats average at best, and dying. Those life time subs wont even come close to what you need to compete in this game and will provide you with way more enjoyment. Oh an gpotato has been shutting ames down recently, so be careful what you spend with them.


Not debatable huh? I have played quite a few of their games on and off throughout the years and not once have I ever had problems with them. (And don't call me lucky either). GM's do what they are supposed to do in games. Account sharing etc, is a bannable offence/offense, as it is in many games. Anyone that thinks they can alllow someone else to log into their account from another ip address is completely foolish. The only way that works if that changed ip address still matches your internet carrier. (Yes, we all know they do tend to use different ones at times for security purposes, and those are normally called dynamic ones :)

I have logged into gpotato games with my dynamic ip and not once have I ever had problems. Like someone has already said, there is more to this. I would understand if you were rotten to them and of course with this thread, it's a wonder why. I'm not sticking up for anyone, however, there are better constructive ways to handle these situations.

Nonethless, good luck to you, OP.

 

  Grinnz

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/24/10
Posts: 294

I just ate your cat!

12/26/12 11:00:35 PM#46
Never had a problem with Gpotato or any F2P publishers other than Aeria Games.....

  huskerman34

Novice Member

Joined: 7/25/10
Posts: 254

12/27/12 3:18:45 PM#47
Man who ever is bitching about spending 1100 for getting level 10 runes hasnt played this game and probably doesnt know how. Im almost to level 10 and never had to spend that kind of money. Ever. So instead of crying about the cash shop that you can use in game gold with. This game is far from dying thank you. The game is end game heavy so you dont see people in the community as much as you used to.  I admit like ive said many times before they give alot of junk in those strongboxes but they always give you something.  Some games dont even do that.  I think these whiners are blowing things out of proportion. 

Edgar F Greenwood

  SuprGamerX

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/05/09
Posts: 538

12/27/12 3:23:05 PM#48
 Yea all F2P mmos are B2W , you'll be amazed on the servide you'd get if you put 2-300$ a month on any of their games , you'd be like a God to them.   It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.   Anyways , P2P 4 life my friend! :)
  botrytis

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 2565

12/27/12 3:27:33 PM#49
Originally posted by huskerman34
Man who ever is bitching about spending 1100 for getting level 10 runes hasnt played this game and probably doesnt know how. Im almost to level 10 and never had to spend that kind of money. Ever. So instead of crying about the cash shop that you can use in game gold with. This game is far from dying thank you. The game is end game heavy so you dont see people in the community as much as you used to.  I admit like ive said many times before they give alot of junk in those strongboxes but they always give you something.  Some games dont even do that.  I think these whiners are blowing things out of proportion. 

Making Level 10 runes are different than getting to lvl 10. I left the game at lvl 40 or so - I had a guild mate give me some runes but to make the higher levels it was costing so much, I stopped. Then the perfume issue was always an issue.

They are not blowing out of total proportion - just exxagerating a little. It is a P2W game.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

  huskerman34

Novice Member

Joined: 7/25/10
Posts: 254

12/27/12 3:28:41 PM#50
Originally posted by SuprGamerX
 Yea all F2P mmos are B2W , you'll be amazed on the servide you'd get if you put 2-300$ a month on any of their games , you'd be like a God to them.   It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.   Anyways , P2P 4 life my friend! :)

I douubt that. I havent bought nothing really and have gotten alot back.   This game is not bad and Gpotato isnt that bad. They have to make there money too. Nothing in this world is free understand that. 

Edgar F Greenwood

  JudgeUK

Hard Core Member

Joined: 10/15/11
Posts: 735

12/27/12 3:31:47 PM#51
OP - I will see your gPotato and raise you Gameforge/Frogster
  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

Joined: 11/02/10
Posts: 736

game is also real

3/24/13 10:35:17 PM#52

seems like all f2p devs got runes/gems or any other kind of upgrades gambling system.
many addict guys really spend up to 1000$ per month in worst case or like 3000-5000 all over.

all these games are potential buy-to-win, but some of these got farming ability or let you play without major upgrades (by let you play I mean group acceptance by other players).

if game need you to pay from the start, like Runes of Magic at lvl like 10+ for simple mount, I would better run out, rather than pay, as it will became money sink (by my very sad personal experience).

or play anything until it asking for any sort of payment and move alone free. (problem: addiction)

sorry OP if I'm far from your issue, but I can't judge here who was wrong. I mean even game like GW2 made mass ban because of patch issue (badly tasted exploit abused by players, but still dev fault IMO).

I mean any game would ban you for this reason.

I never found ANY f2p game, including GW2 (which is not free at all, but cost 60$) with decent support. Kind of not so bad was at Atlantica, they never fixed anything but explained what was it, at least.

I mean it's not Blizzard with GM ticked and hot line support, so be sure NOBODY will take care of you in case of bad luck.

and my very last IMO, if you have 200$ per year to spend on gaming, play WoW, if not, never pay f2p to win. sure only my 2 pennies.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  alterfenix

Novice Member

Joined: 3/05/10
Posts: 335

3/26/13 6:30:26 PM#53
Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

seems like all f2p devs got runes/gems or any other kind of upgrades gambling system.
many addict guys really spend up to 1000$ per month in worst case or like 3000-5000 all over.

all these games are potential buy-to-win, but some of these got farming ability or let you play without major upgrades (by let you play I mean group acceptance by other players).

if game need you to pay from the start, like Runes of Magic at lvl like 10+ for simple mount, I would better run out, rather than pay, as it will became money sink (by my very sad personal experience).

or play anything until it asking for any sort of payment and move alone free. (problem: addiction)

sorry OP if I'm far from your issue, but I can't judge here who was wrong. I mean even game like GW2 made mass ban because of patch issue (badly tasted exploit abused by players, but still dev fault IMO).

I mean any game would ban you for this reason.

I never found ANY f2p game, including GW2 (which is not free at all, but cost 60$) with decent support. Kind of not so bad was at Atlantica, they never fixed anything but explained what was it, at least.

I mean it's not Blizzard with GM ticked and hot line support, so be sure NOBODY will take care of you in case of bad luck.

and my very last IMO, if you have 200$ per year to spend on gaming, play WoW, if not, never pay f2p to win. sure only my 2 pennies.

Regarding runes, gems and stuff. See the problem is that in Allods you have those runes but getting them all even to level 3-4 in some reasonable time may cost a bit. And unfortunately there is no other way to do so (I mean some real way, not buying stuff on AH providing prices there). Free players should have an alternative in shape of free way to level up runes. Such way should take much longer (let's say if avg paid player in one month can upgrade all runes from level 1 to level 6 or so then free player should have no problem with achieving level 2, some runes perhaps level 3). That way anyone who wants relatively quick upgrade, like from 1 to max in 2-3 months, would still need to use item shop while new players or those who prefer free way even if it takes half a year would still be able to enjoy full content.

But then gPotato didn't really think of it at any point really. Shame as because of this together with initial approach to cursed items and blessings simply killed Allods in so many eyes... All it required was to keep those three balanced and they still failed to do that. Cursed items as free players friendly should come straight the same day when the whole system was introduced, blessings should not be touched at all really, runes should be just balanced using initial version of this system instead of what they in fact did.

It's not really about support. It's about ability to listen to people and what they want. And trying to find a compromise here - something that company didn't do fast enough (if at all really).

  JoeyMMO

Novice Member

Joined: 10/09/11
Posts: 1334

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

3/29/13 4:49:17 PM#54
Originally posted by alterfenix
*snip*

Regarding runes, gems and stuff. See the problem is that in Allods you have those runes but getting them all even to level 3-4 in some reasonable time may cost a bit. And unfortunately there is no other way to do so (I mean some real way, not buying stuff on AH providing prices there). Free players should have an alternative in shape of free way to level up runes. Such way should take much longer (let's say if avg paid player in one month can upgrade all runes from level 1 to level 6 or so then free player should have no problem with achieving level 2, some runes perhaps level 3). That way anyone who wants relatively quick upgrade, like from 1 to max in 2-3 months, would still need to use item shop while new players or those who prefer free way even if it takes half a year would still be able to enjoy full content.

But then gPotato didn't really think of it at any point really. Shame as because of this together with initial approach to cursed items and blessings simply killed Allods in so many eyes... All it required was to keep those three balanced and they still failed to do that. Cursed items as free players friendly should come straight the same day when the whole system was introduced, blessings should not be touched at all really, runes should be just balanced using initial version of this system instead of what they in fact did.

It's not really about support. It's about ability to listen to people and what they want. And trying to find a compromise here - something that company didn't do fast enough (if at all really).

The non-paying players are just there to be roflstomped over by the paying ones. That's how it is, that's how it'll remain because that's what brings in the money. Free players are considered to be worthless by both publisher and new developer.

They don't want free players to be able to compete with paying ones. The paying ones need to be milked and milked and milked some more, and they're not able to do that without providing unfair advantages with the F2P model.

They increased the effect of runes, twice. They have no interest in players that don't bring in money. They have no interest in supplying free players with a way of competing ones. If the paying players leave because they're cheated out of their investment in unfair advantages, the game will just close shop. It's a harsh reality, but there's really no denying it.

  B1mble

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/04/10
Posts: 151

3/30/13 9:32:45 AM#55
Originally posted by JoeyMMO
Originally posted by alterfenix
*snip*

Regarding runes, gems and stuff. See the problem is that in Allods you have those runes but getting them all even to level 3-4 in some reasonable time may cost a bit. And unfortunately there is no other way to do so (I mean some real way, not buying stuff on AH providing prices there). Free players should have an alternative in shape of free way to level up runes. Such way should take much longer (let's say if avg paid player in one month can upgrade all runes from level 1 to level 6 or so then free player should have no problem with achieving level 2, some runes perhaps level 3). That way anyone who wants relatively quick upgrade, like from 1 to max in 2-3 months, would still need to use item shop while new players or those who prefer free way even if it takes half a year would still be able to enjoy full content.

But then gPotato didn't really think of it at any point really. Shame as because of this together with initial approach to cursed items and blessings simply killed Allods in so many eyes... All it required was to keep those three balanced and they still failed to do that. Cursed items as free players friendly should come straight the same day when the whole system was introduced, blessings should not be touched at all really, runes should be just balanced using initial version of this system instead of what they in fact did.

It's not really about support. It's about ability to listen to people and what they want. And trying to find a compromise here - something that company didn't do fast enough (if at all really).

The non-paying players are just there to be roflstomped over by the paying ones. That's how it is, that's how it'll remain because that's what brings in the money. Free players are considered to be worthless by both publisher and new developer.

They don't want free players to be able to compete with paying ones. The paying ones need to be milked and milked and milked some more, and they're not able to do that without providing unfair advantages with the F2P model.

They increased the effect of runes, twice. They have no interest in players that don't bring in money. They have no interest in supplying free players with a way of competing ones. If the paying players leave because they're cheated out of their investment in unfair advantages, the game will just close shop. It's a harsh reality, but there's really no denying it.

Agree totally.

This game is dead; it just won't lie down.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search