Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,664 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,411
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 02/16/10)  | Pub:Mail.Ru Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Allods Online Forum » General Discussion » Gpotato is the WORST COMPANY by far- DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
55 posts found
  zomard100

Apprentice Member

11/22/12 4:36:42 AM#21
Originally posted by cronius77
Originally posted by Condulus
Originally posted by IstrebiteI

OP is obviously disgrunted and thats why you dont kinda get what he's talking about.

Also, pay 2 win is a fine concept, because it has its followers. You don't sell blue fashion dress to a punk girl, do you? So, if its not your model of choice, don't play it, not their fault that you dislike their f2p model. 

But OP is right that this kind of support is ridiculous. No matter wether OP violated rules or not, directly lying on the forums is not acceptable from a GM or CM. If they lie and get away with it, there is no point at all to listen to any of their words. And then, who do players ask about "is this legal" or "can I use this advanced mouse/keyboard" or any other question about the game that matters? They cannot ask the company directly, they ask GM's or CM's and if those are liers and have no liability then its just nonsence.

Then, again, read carefully. OP had his account stolen, but the company acuses him of SHARING. Well dumbasses of course when account is stolen it will be shared because numerous people or bots will log in from numerous locations (mostly faked by vpns or proxies) to utilise the account's characters to farm or w/e.

Then again, just having account log in from numerous places in the world is by no means a proof of account sharing. We live in a modern world! My friend's girlfriend lives in Moscow, travels to Saint-Petersburg very frequently (to see him), travels abroad (to America and Europe) on business tripes regularily (at least once per month) and likes to have vacations on beaches like Eqypt etc. So yeah, if she'd be playing MMO's she'd be logging on from all over the world constantly. Being acused of account sharing solely on the basis of logins from multiple parts of the world is RIDICULOUS. Especially since you have modern database software now. You can corellate stuff, like, corellate points of access (citires/countries) with characters played, or with activities performed, and then if you see that someone has 3 chars on account and 1 of them only logs in from germany but other two only log in from america, yeah maybe then you have an account sharer. Maybe, because then you need to see the bigger picture, check for coincidences etc.

It really hurts me when people blindly say "you've lost the argument" or "you've been banned for rule violation deal with it" without unferstanding what the topic is about...

The investigation was very thorough. There is no question that this was account sharing. Again, the OP has not been sharing the whole story and continues to try to spin the story to get others to feel for him. 

the fact you come to a third party website to try and air dirty laundry about the guy shows everyone on this site just how shady a company you guys really are and if you worked for me you would be fired on the spot for this garbage. You are a Game master for a game and if he wants to come to a third party site and rant and rave , it just shows him to be a immature kid and no one will take him serious here. But the fact you come right behind him when you are supposed to be a professional speaks a lot about Gpotato. Also what he says is the truth regardless of what your company says about your game . Gpotato sells runes for their game that gives unfair advantages to players in pvp and some players spend thousands of dollars to get those advantages. As for the bans im 99% sure that about maybe 1% of this population gives a crap why this guy was banned or not banned.

He have every right to deffend his company. Forum is not made only for one side and developers have same right as you have . And why is that shady when someone try to deffend him self?? And OP is not shaddy with his post?

Kazuhiro

Advanced Member

11/22/12 4:39:13 AM#22
*Grabs a bag of popcorn and clicks refresh.*

Ravenhill99: "All of the games out now and even the ones coming are either lobby console casual crap or Asian anime throw-up."

emperorwings

Hard Core Member

11/22/12 4:44:01 AM#23
Multiple IPs doesn't mean account sharing always however being abusive towards support probly made it worse. But I can see here that the GM is immature too so I guess it's goodbye to the account then.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

IstrebiteI

Novice Member

11/22/12 5:30:31 AM#24
Originally posted by Condulus
Originally posted by IstrebiteI
snip

The investigation was very thorough. There is no question that this was account sharing. Again, the OP has not been sharing the whole story and continues to try to spin the story to get others to feel for him. 

Please, Condulus, if you insist on arguing, tell me, is OP telling the truth that you have stated on the official forums that an exploit was fixed, while it was not? I assume there is no denying that fact, but could you please confirm that it was so?

How do you explain it? Were you misinformed by your superiors, or were you speaking on your own opinion (you sincerely thought it was fixed while you had no exact information that it wasnt) or were you forced to lie about it?

How am I, as a potential player of your game, to treat GMs after such situation? If i will, one day, become a player of Allods Online and will need to ask a question of importance, like "is buying this item here and selling it there considered an exploit or not?", and GM answers me, what value does such answer have if I cannot rely on that GM telling the truth to me at all?

Also, "very through" is a good expression because it gives an impression of something "good" but no exact way to test and measure it. Its like saying something is "very long" - in terms of cockroaches, 10 santimeters is very long, but in terms of a trip you take from home to work, several kilometers will be very long.

As long as no exact facts were provided to anybody, we cannot really know wether the investigation was "very thorough" or there was no investigation at all. I dont demand, of course, that you to provide those facts to public, but you didnt provide it to anybody, while at least the OP is entitled to such information). In any reasonable court, person acused of breaking the law is given access to the evidence against him. When there is no evidence provided, acused person has every right to feel he was wrongly accused, and not believe in a simple statement "very thorough investigation was conducted". Especially after person who states that was already caught in the incident of providing obviously false information.

ReallyTank

Apprentice Member

11/22/12 1:48:41 PM#25

Wow. You guys are jumping all over the GM but he is right in this situation. They explained about what happened with the gold exploit on the official forums. But basically, the devs told the GM team that the bug was fixed. The GM team told the players that it was fixed for this region before the patch came out because players were concerned about it. Then, when the patch came out it turned out that the bug was not fixed. From what the GM told us, there was only a couple of people that actually pulled off the exploit. I'm glad they got banned for it rather than ruining the gold economy in the game. And with the currency exchange it could have gone really bad (like in the european region...their players look like they really exploited and the situation was much worse). Plus, in the tos I believe it actually says that you can't using a bug like that to gain gold or other items can get you banned. The GMs have said before that if you find something like that you should report it rather than use it. That goes for any game. I mean, look at Guild Wars 2. They have banned for way less and have said way more about the players situations on Reddit. 

Anyways, gPotato and the GM have a right to defend themselves on here if someone is trying to call them out with or without someone giving all of the info. And from what I'm reading it sounds like this guy got what he deserved. He tried to work the system and got caught. Then acted up against the support team. Just play by the rules like the other players and there would have never been an issue. 

ReallyTank

Apprentice Member

11/22/12 1:58:57 PM#26
And now that I even think about it...how do we even know that is really the GM posting? From what I can tell he has never posted anywhere but on the Allods forums. If that is him or not though, I'm going to side with the GM team on this just from what the original guy is saying. If he was involved in the gold exploit and acted like this against the support team then he got what he deserved. 
  Ujirik

Novice Member

11/22/12 2:06:41 PM#27
I wouldn't say GPotato is the worst company ever, but they do suck. They're just another typical free to play company that follow the motto "Beggars can't be choosers" and don't bring any real support or service to the table. These guys don't care about the quality of their games and only set up some half baked excuse for a game as a way to get money from suckers. It can be fun playing cheap cash grab games, but try not to get upset when you realize the reality of them.

Ghavrigg

Apprentice Member

11/22/12 2:15:19 PM#28
Originally posted by ratno

This company has one of the WORST customer service in my 11 years of MMO.

--- FOR PEOPLE WHO FIND ENGLISH DIFFICULT:

He didn't say he spent 11 year playing THIS MMO, or with THIS company. He said it's the worst customer service in his 11 years of playing MMO's as a genre. ----

I don't really care about the OP, as I'm sure there are details left out and it's biased because he's mad.  I've never considered GPotato to be a very good company to begin with, but somehow, when these customers complain, they always seem to be in the right, and apparently never do anything wrong, ever. How odd. ;)

JoeyMMO

Novice Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

11/22/12 2:16:43 PM#29
Originally posted by Phlacc

This company has one of the WORST customer service in my 11 years of playing the game.

Ok, so you've been playing for 11 years, and only NOW have realized a problem? Because really, if you were playing the game for 11 years and always felt this strongly AGAINST it, then why wouldn't you have just passed on it years ago and gone on to something else.

Well, I'm guessing he meant in his 11 years of playing MMO's since Allods Online is nowhere near 11 years old. The rest of the story is to be taken with the necessary grains of salt. He's only copy/pasting the original E-mail and their response to his last E-mail.

The whole story is probably somewhat different.

I'm not saying Gpotato can't be greedy, they need to make a living too, but there are worse companies out there.

ratno

Novice Member

OP  11/22/12 3:17:19 PM#30

What you see here are what all I have. I will be more than happy if they can show me evidence or proof.

i have asked the customer service numerous time to give me a copy of formal investigation report.

so far is zero!!! They have just ignored me and worse ip banning me when I went to the game forum to 

shed more light on this issue.

It is him gm condulous 100%. That's the way a prick he is. A senior who haven't got a clue.

minutes of me pming him in forum and share a link to the thread here. I was Ip banned by him 

. Reason; harassing Gm.  And he came all the way here to cover his biggest mistakes by far.

to be honest, any decent company would fire him on the spots for many screw up.

I Will never touch this company ever again.

JoeyMMO

Novice Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

11/23/12 1:54:29 PM#31

*snip*

Most people who played this game before the Gipat patch have come to the same conclusion. Bait and switch in its purest form. GM Gondulus is just doing what he's paid for. Consider yourself warned about Gpotato and "Free 2 Play" games in general.

huskerman34

Novice Member

11/27/12 11:39:00 AM#32
The only issue i have with Gpotato is when ever they have there specail promo on items. They end up giving you fragments. Which really pisses me off. I dont need freaking fragments i wan the item. Damn. I dont mind paying out of pocket for certain items, but damn dont think that im going to bust my wallet just to get this item. Not cool Gpotato.

Edgar F Greenwood

JimyHumuHumu

Novice Member

12/04/12 11:20:35 AM#33
Originally posted by JoeyMMO

*snip*

Most people who played this game before the Gipat patch have come to the same conclusion. Bait and switch in its purest form. GM Gondulus is just doing what he's paid for. Consider yourself warned about Gpotato and "Free 2 Play" games in general.

how is that gpotatos fault? they even asked russians to lower prices on some items but were refused because devs didnt want players to switch to cheaper versions? They also refused to add newest mount to cash shop until it was properly balanced, so they released it many months after russian version?

I admit, gpotato might not be an angel here (not many mmo hosting companies are) but they arent the ones who were responsible for what happened to Allods, heck they even had some free items in item shop which were actually selling a lot in russian version, until they managed to convince devs to completely remove it from cash shop, but apparently its their fault for allods current state?

I just wish this game was p2p from day one, that would stop devs from trying to add annoying features just to make you pay, and focus on making the game better instead (which they did, but only after just about everyone left allods pissed off by those annoying 'features' they tried to force upon us).

Siveria

Spotlight Poster

12/04/12 11:28:20 AM#34
Gpotato in general is full of fucktards in general player and support team alike. The fact the game was pay2win and someone still keeps paying them and playing it shows how stupid some players really are. Anyway Most so called free to play games fall into this category: free to play, but pay to enjoy or advance. I myself just quit a f2p game if I find out it ends up being pay2win which is pretty much all games on gpotato, and most elsewhere, while I understand the company wants to make money but when they put basic game features behind having to pay for them it just does not sit right with me.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

huskerman34

Novice Member

12/05/12 7:00:47 PM#35
Im sorry but i would never p2p a mmo game again unless its turbine games. (which they gave you montly allowance forn being a vip member). What Gpotato does is  straight out trifiling. They know you want the item , so they put junk in the strong boxes so you will spend more money. This is to shallow for a monthly payment. this game is too end game heavy. On the bright side they have major improvements over the past couple of years.

Edgar F Greenwood

snapfusion

Apprentice Member

12/05/12 7:30:15 PM#36
I could pretty much say this about every MMO that shipped as a F2P with a cash shop.  The entire game experience is designed from the ground up to annoy you into spending money in the cash shop.  The world was founded on this sort of gullibility, man has learned nothing, and nothing in this world that is any good is free.
  huskerman34

Novice Member

12/06/12 6:10:49 PM#37
Ive played p2p for many years and was always i mean always dissapointed with the service. The bright side to Gpotato they do reward you with gifts and make it possible for you to buy from the cash shop using in game gold. But there are ways around shelling out bucks to play this game. It just takes a lot of work.  This is little compared to some of the crap you have to put up with when playing p2p games.  

Edgar F Greenwood

newbihack

Novice Member

Them honey badgers

12/21/12 5:18:00 AM#38
Thanks God I left the Gpotato circus. I made a perfect choice.
  huskerman34

Novice Member

12/23/12 1:49:22 PM#39
Even though they pull that crap and give you junk.. They do look after there players buy given free items, mounts and premium crystals so you can buy stuff. 

Edgar F Greenwood

User Deleted
12/26/12 9:01:11 PM#40

Everyone knows gpotato is crap.  thats not really debatable, every game they touch turns to a crappy, spammer infested, game with an insanely overpriced cash shop.

the OP is obviously a drama queen and probably took things too far and was banned with reason.

It should be known i guess, given the unprofessional "gm responding to crazy poster thread", that people who play while traveling should probably avoid any gpotato game, as well as people who move a lot ect.  Support staff taking a fight with a deranged child to a 3rd party forum is super ameture btw.

Bottom line is this game is built for massive cash shop use, i mean insane, i had posted here a while back the wiki page breaking down how much real money a rune costs, granted you could get it to a very low level without spending, however the nature of runes makes it exponential, and the community DOES shun players without high level runes at endgame.  If my memory serves me your looking to spend a few thousand per rune to participate in endgame stuff, you wont be grinding that in game btw.

Game has interesting and unique aspects to it, ruined by the rune system (game would be fine with just the deco, jewlery slots, and convienience items int he cash shop)

Further ruined by a horrible publisher.

Personally, id rather buy a few life time subs to average p2p mmorpgs than dump $5000 into a game thats average at best, and dying. Those life time subs wont even come close to what you need to compete in this game and will provide you with way more enjoyment. Oh an gpotato has been shutting ames down recently, so be careful what you spend with them.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search