Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,743 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,241
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 02/16/10)  | Pub:Mail.Ru Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Allods Online Forum » General Discussion » Share Your Allods Experience

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  AllodsOnline

Allods Online Community Manager

OP  5/09/12 9:16:16 PM#21

Crunchy221, something that turned you off was the constant travelling back and forth to complete quests for the Empire faction in the starting area. Something that will help with this is a new feature being implemented in Patch 3.0.2 coming on May 30th. The feature is Automove. How it works is you have your quests and all you do is open an interface that allows you to click on your quest which will automatically move your character to the location where the quest needs to be fulfilled. Please do not view this as a feature for lazy travel but rather a method to help one multitask by focusing on other tasks. It also addresses the concern you had so hopefully you check out Allods again and see how questing feels with the Automove feature. =)

newbihack

Novice Member

Them honey badgers

5/10/12 3:00:59 AM#22

HAIL TO THE KING ARUTHER

Yea same to me I have been in 2 guilds most of em quit before, and after the Gipat patch. What turns me off is the Cash shop items like runes and etc.. plus the grind. those made me almost quit. The last but not least reason is when people keep bother you about the gear you wear so I quit for this reason too. I had lots of fun with my friends and speically my cousin, when I saw them quitting I said to myself thats it game is over.

As long as the grind and the P2W style there I wont come back to the  game even if you give me awesome items and stuff. I might pay for customizable items that it wont make a player above the others then I will back gladly otherwise I wont even think of caming back.

the last 2 reasons of quiting are my mage kept glitched in the ground when using Flash skill and that made feel sick about it. Random disconnecting from the server when playing plus my wall of flame kept bugging out when doing heroics and I had to relog to fix the problem and no it isn't lag.

Astral was fun to do early days but after Gipat lost intreast and quit eventually. heroic and pvp was fun because I didn't care about dying or challanging other player from the same lvl becuase it was gear driven game not that cash shop system.

at the end I kept telling my guild it will end just like any F2P title out there but nobody listen and that make me hate myself when I am right about something.

anyway I do not think you can save your game becuase in time it will die, and new and more advanced game will appear, so getting back to the game is just a waste of time and investment, hence ( guild war 2 and Elder scrolls..etc)

CHEERS

and NO iam not trolling but taking  a fun game beyond (( shit )) I do not like it.

User Deleted
6/12/12 4:18:30 PM#23

I greatly enjoy the leveling experience of Allods now. I am in love with Auto move, as I can actually do other things with my time while traversing from quest to quest, which really gives me a sense that my time isn't being totally drained by an mmo. I love the Magpie Feather - I have a scout with ranged attacks increased by 30%, and I've put a little into building up my runes, so I am melting down mobs before I even see them, and I find having a bird fly out and retrieve all the loot allows me to just keep humming along. The best part of Allods to me is the ruby system. I'm a huge fan of tweaking characters skill points, talents, etc., so to have a three tiered system of tree, rubies and runes is like a wet dream for me, especially with my experience doubled via the game shop buff. I'm leveling so fast that it feels like I'm constantly engaged in the activity of adding skills and rubies, etc. Now that we have unlimited tree/ruby resets until level 15, it's a beautiful thing. As a casual player (I own a business and have an infant son) I greatly appreciate being able to make substantial progress and be suitably entertained by Allods, while not feeling like it's draining time from more important things. I played WoW for 7 years, then got really into Darkfall, most recently Swtor - and out of all those games, Allods is the only one that currently does the trick for me. I actually would still play Darkfall just for the brutally unforgiving/realistic pvp elements ( <3 ), but I can't access my account and their customer service is non-existent, so my only choice is to purchase the game again and start from scratch, no thank you. But back to Allods: I'm not sure exactly what happened over the past few weeks, but this game has transformed, and with it my level of engagement has sky rocketed.

MadDemon64

Advanced Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

6/14/12 12:48:48 PM#24

I participated in the beta and loved it, but when the FOD and cash shop patches hit, I left.

I played an Orc warrior the entire way and even tried an Arisen summoner for a while.  Playing as both was a blast, perhaps more so with the Arisen than with the Orc.

Of course, once the FOD patch was fixed and the charms that were in the cash shop became free, I tried playing again, and went up to the first forced PvP area, and then I quit again, probably for good.

That is probably my biggest gripe about the game: forced PvP.  The issues with FOD and the cash shop have been fixed, but forced PvP areas?  No thanks!

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

alkarionlog

Elite Member

6/14/12 12:52:22 PM#25

allods still exist?

never will understand good games close down, and things like this still are on....

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

MadDemon64

Advanced Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

6/14/12 1:05:45 PM#26
Originally posted by alkarionlog

allods still exist?

never will understand good games close down, and things like this still are on....

Well if you think that is surprising, just wait until I tell you that Alganon is still around.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

alkarionlog

Elite Member

6/14/12 1:14:21 PM#27
Originally posted by MadDemon64
Originally posted by alkarionlog

allods still exist?

Well if you think that is surprising, just wait until I tell you that Alganon is still around.

ok point to you, i'm surprised even more now

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

JoeyMMO

Novice Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

6/19/12 3:27:23 PM#28
Originally posted by MadDemon64

I participated in the beta and loved it, but when the FOD and cash shop patches hit, I left.

I played an Orc warrior the entire way and even tried an Arisen summoner for a while.  Playing as both was a blast, perhaps more so with the Arisen than with the Orc.

Of course, once the FOD patch was fixed and the charms that were in the cash shop became free, I tried playing again, and went up to the first forced PvP area, and then I quit again, probably for good.

That is probably my biggest gripe about the game: forced PvP.  The issues with FOD and the cash shop have been fixed, but forced PvP areas?  No thanks!

Even the forced PvP can be mostly avoided, if you mean getting ganked by higher level players. they sell items that insta-kill a player of level 28+ with his flag of war on. If you want to avoid ANY PvP at all, like ever, then this game might not be for you. You can PvE only but in some zones you can get flagged for PvP, be it by Warbanner or enemy faction mobs.

You'll have to go out of your way to truly avoid PvP alltogether and you'll probably nerf yourself somewhat in the process.

JoeyMMO

Novice Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

6/21/12 2:29:30 PM#29
Originally posted by LaZyBuTCrAzY

Lol, fuck this game it doesn't even work.

Got stuck on this error, and half the forum had it to, yet no reply from customer support. Talk about shitty service and a shitty game.

Stuck on an error that half the forum had? Could you possibly be even a little bit more vague?

I don't see anything on the support forum that could even remotely resemble anything like what you're describing. IF you got stuck on some error, how can you even know what the game is like? How many days have you been waiting for a reply from customer suppport?

KualaBD

Apprentice Member

6/21/12 2:55:18 PM#30
Originally posted by AllodsOnline

1. How did you first hear about Allods Online?

2. Do you currently play Allods Online?  If so, what level is your main character? If not, why did you stop playing?

3. What aspect of Allods Online would you like to see improved?

4. What aspect of Allods Online do you enjoy the most?

5. What is your involvement with the official Allods forum? Choose one of the following:
-I post actively
-I post casually
-I read the forum but do not post
-I never visited the official forum

6. Guilds are known to enhance one’s gameplay experience and provide a unique community experience. Are you involved in an in-game guild?

7. What special events have been hosted that you have enjoyed the most?

1.  I was checking out the old Nival website years ago for information on Rage of Mages to see if they were continuing the series and found out they were making a 3d online mmo.  I kinda kept checking back on it every once in a while until I heard the English version went into open beta and that's when I signed up.

2.  I do not currently play.  My main was level 6 or so when I stopped.  I stopped at the time, still in beta, due to a few things still seeming unfinished (no background music, some sound effects seemed a bit glitchy, etc.) so I was gonna wait till launch to get back into it.  Then when it launched, before I could try it again, the store pricing and mandatory death debuff removal purchases controversy hit and I've kinda been hesitant to try it out again.  Then I simply forgot about it until I saw your post.

3.  I can't say since I haven't really played far into it.

4.  I didn't get far but I loved the character creation options and the quality of the characters.

5.  Never visited.

6.  No

7.  I've never participated in any.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search